• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Announcements

• Rob

Server Merge and Changes to Imps Village   04/30/17

The old server sections will still be viewable at the bottom of the forum list under Legacy Servers, but read only. If you wish for any thread to be moved to the new sections, please report your own thread to bring it to our attention and tell us where you need it to go.

690931.jpg

Has your nickname become a drag? Did you think it was funny when you chose it but now it seems ridiculous? Was it a reference to the love of your life… whom you now cordially despise? In short, you don't like your nickname. Good news: now you can change it!

You asked for it, Ankama did it! Starting today, a new service is available in the Shop: the Nickname Change.

Consider it well, weigh the pros and cons… and when you've made your decision, you just need to go to the Shop, open the Services tab, and click in the right spot! For just €9.99 (or local equivalent), your gaming life can take a new turn!

ATTENTION: this service concerns your player nickname, associated with your Ankama account, and not the name of your character in the game (there's already the Name Change Potion for that)!

scammers be loving this -.-'

15 people like this

can't find it in the shop :o

It's postponed for a bit.

LoL....why do they offer this?

I dont see any good reason to use this service other than i did smth really bad and i want to restart from scratch... (and/or do bad stuff again...)

'cause there are ppl like me who just inserted a random embarrassing nick when they were 12 years old...

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Vendline said:

'cause there are ppl like me who just inserted a random embarrassing nick when they were 12 years old...

I'll gladly sacrifice your childhood mistake for the inability for scammers to change their nicknames.

This is bullshit. Ankama shouldn't be offering this service.

6 people like this

5 minutes ago, Goatee said:

I'll gladly sacrifice your childhood mistake for the inability for scammers to change their nicknames.

This is bullshit. Ankama shouldn't be offering this service.

I fully agree that scammers could abuse this, but then again, they could always transfer the account to a new account and do it this way?

We should probably start making single accounts with only 1 friend in it (pick singular scammer) then whenever they change their nickname / name we'll be able to notice, and update everyone with the new nickname. Could do it with multiple, but would be hard to identify exactly who is who. 

7 people like this

This service is fine as long as person who's in friends/enemy list stays, not disappearing from it, which I see can happen. Those who were in your enemy list are most likely scammers, so as long as they're gonna be there you're good. It's really a big bonus for scammers, but I don't see a biggie however. If I was scamming I'd rather spend 15000 ogrines to transfer a character to another account rather than spending 10 euros since it's a new account that no one has in a friend/an enemy list plus if you call yourself a scammer you are probably rather use kamas that you scammed than real life cash. 

1 person likes this

Update those enemies lists now.

Don't talk to strangers.

Don't exchange with strangers.

Don't exchange at all, markets/merch mode ftw.

If a friend says, "Hey can I borrow your set to test something?" tell them to download test server. 

Delete all of your friends. 

Play in solo mode. 

TY THIS IS MY GUIDE 4 NOT GETTING SCAMMED. 

11 people like this

How about a feature to add note on a friend/enemy in your list ? 

1 person likes this

As much as I'd love to erase my past nicknaming mistake.
Bad idea is bad and totally prone to abuse.
Ankama is good at that.

This better come with an interface to see name histories because YIKES.

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, Gravestorm said:

Wow. First time I see them respond to an idea from int community. Thumbs up.

1 person likes this

anything4money

inb4 Timeless strikes again

Do you have a source for this? I'm not seeing anything on the French, or English forums. 

So let me get this straight. The devs want subterfuge to be a viable way to take down alliances from the inside, but then they want to get rid of the only way we have of counteracting that for a measly $10 note? They can fuck right off. This is a terrible idea. If they are going to do this, they may as well adopt the EVE model of "scamming is part of the game, deal with it" at the same time, I mean it isn't like they are banning people for it anyways.

On 18.5.2017 at 5:10 PM, Gravestorm said:

LOL.

they changed their thoughts about it?.... good but that way is very much not pro :D 

It'll come, it's just postponed for a bit, probably discovered some errors.

1 hour ago, Gravestorm said:

probably discovered some errors.

like the fact that it's a dumb idea. oh, no? they don't see the issue with it. oh well, let the era of Ankama-encouraged scamming commence...