• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Announcements

• Rob

Merry IMPSMAS 2017!   12/07/17

There's 35mk up for grabs this year along with an Atanip hat & cape! 'Click Here' for your chance to win.  Yule regret missing out.
Sommanker

Cara-Heally [Echo]

Posted (edited)

Just had someone try to scam me using one of those fake Krosmaster voting sites. Probably made a mistake in even clicking the link tbh, but if it wasn't obvious before it was then lol

Told me they were Ernie too >.>

9xm7mvyybti81gmlgfnq_thumb.png

1j5wzl20dvlutrtzzhq2_thumb.png

Edited by Sommanker

Posted (edited)

idk if I'm allowed to post since it might be a different person but someone tried to approach me the same way....

my guild leader hates me she wouldn't msg me.............

retardscammer.png

"she" even blocked me and logged :(.....................

Edited by Iamthenumberonenub

Same thing happened to me except they messaged me saying they were my leader when i  was on my alt and i'm leader of my own guild xD

3 people like this

Ankama Shield has had several bypasses in the past and currently has two working right now that I know about. He also knows at least one of them seeing as he chooses to phish people instead of getting them to download malicious software. Be careful.

Stupidly I just fell for it....

He said he was an alt of the guild leader and asked me to vote on Krosmaster, as I have just returned to the game I went to vote and logged in....2 mins later I got logged out along with the warning but by the time I got the phone code it was too late..

Vulbis and all my other Dofus were gone along with all my lvl 200 equips.

Later he was sending me messages basically taking the piss, I did take a sceenshot and sent it to support but I haven't heard anything yet....yes I'm an idiot 😔

BTW, I'm presuming this guy has been reported so how come Ankama haven't permabanned him? 

36 minutes ago, Im-Drago said:

He said he was an alt of the guild leader and asked me to vote on Krosmaster, as I have just returned to the game I went to vote and logged in....2 mins later I got logged out along with the warning but by the time I got the phone code it was too late..

Later he was sending me messages basically taking the piss, I did take a sceenshot and sent it to support but I haven't heard anything yet....yes I'm an idiot 😔

I dont think support can do much . I been scammed for a lot lot kamas ad they not help me . Sad to hear that ...

1 hour ago, Im-Drago said:

If you got a phone code I assume you have 2-step verification, out of interest, how did he get into your account/transfer items past shield/authenticator?

This is sad :(

I don't know..

As soon as I was logged out I hit the button saying it wasn't me but that didn't log the other person out until I got the phone code then changed my password. That takes too long though. 

When I hit that button it should instantly lock the account down until they 100% verify who the owner is via phone code etc.

1 person likes this

xD pm'd my alt telling me that I was him LOL , idk why Ankama doesn't ban this guy even with tons of proof provided.

bobo1.jpg

1 person likes this

After changing my password I got up this morning to find I had been logged in through the night somehow.

This time all the kamas had gone along with everything over level 100 from my bank. Altogether over 600 items had gone.

The worst part is that I had spent £80 on Ogrines to re-equip..all my kamas had been converted back to ogrines :( and somehow transferred out of my account.

I'm still waiting for a reply from Ankama..

It'll be a pity to delete the account but if they can't keep it secure then I can't see any other choice than starting from scratch.

I wonder how I stand legally considering that they have a duty of care and protection towards the players?

Edited by Im-Drago

I'm sry but i doubt its Ankamas fault...

i'm confused, are u claiming ppl can hack u provided u have ankama phone authenticator??

smth doesn't add up

1 minute ago, Quadro said:

i'm confused, are u claiming ppl can hack u provided u have ankama phone authenticator??

smth doesn't add up

It would make sense if he was using shield and was receiving codes by text. Apparently, shield can be bypassed:

On 21/05/2017 at 3:32 PM, ЯeveЯt said:

Ankama Shield has had several bypasses in the past and currently has two working right now that I know about. He also knows at least one of them seeing as he chooses to phish people instead of getting them to download malicious software. Be careful.

If he changed his password and then got hacked again, though, I don't know how that could have happened without access to his e-mail address.

Ok it looks like I mis-read the kama exchange thing and it looks like it was me converting the ogrines to kamas yesterday but it's presented weird in the email, sorry.

As for the password I only had shield, now I have the phone app as well. But regardless of that there's no way they should have been able to get my new password....

Is it possible to change your username name as well? 

As far as I know, you shouldn't be able to use shield and the phone app on the same account at the same time. Make sure you've done it right. 

As for changing the username, I don't think so. Support might do it if you ask them to, but you'd need to provide proof of ID.

I'll get on to them to see if they will. I have proof of ID that I had to send with the support tickets with the screenshots and chat logs etc.

the thing is your account was logged due to this shield failure being able to change your phone number , id just contact support , had a long convo with this guy over skype he explained the details to me .

29 minutes ago, Cleveland Brown said:

the thing is your account was logged due to this shield failure being able to change your phone number , id just contact support , had a long convo with this guy over skype he explained the details to me .

I just checked and my phone number seems to be ok, if it had been changed the authenticator wouldn't work...would it?

The authenticator would work if your phone number was changed. It's linked to the phone, not the number. You wouldn't get texts from them though. Check your account management page to see if it was changed or not.

Edited by Sommanker
1 person likes this