• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Announcements

• Rob

Server Merge and Changes to Imps Village   04/30/17

The old server sections will still be viewable at the bottom of the forum list under Legacy Servers, but read only. If you wish for any thread to be moved to the new sections, please report your own thread to bring it to our attention and tell us where you need it to go.
Meme-God

Can we name change Echo to Rushu?

After playing on the echo server for a few days i feel we should of just kept it as rushu new name sucks imo.

5 people like this

Nah, call it Shika.

2 people like this

Why do people even care about the name of a server? It wouldn't change a thing if it was called Rushu or Echo or whatever the fuck Ankama comes up with??

13 people like this

call new server 'bob' pls

7 people like this

It's a new server? Why would they call it Rushu? Rushu was another server. 

2 people like this

Given that Echo is probably a 40% majority of Rushu players, and Rushu represented everything that made International Dofus successful since the game launched, I still can't comprehend why they didn't just merge everyone into that database and call it a day. It's a weird brand-image decision that I'm really not following the logic on. Given that they set themselves such a broad group of names to choose from, it sure doesn't seem like a calculated business move... unless making everyone feel alienated was their goal.

Can someone give me (as someone who admittedly doesn't care much for Wakfus) a quick rundown on the significance of Echo within the lore?

3 people like this

While I think Ankama missed an easy opportunity to make up some random name for the new server and then release a whole new set of content and lore that made that name important in the context of the game. Leaving the name as Rushu simply would of annoyed the 60% of people on the server(I just based this number on the above comment) that were not from Rushu and therefore it makes sense that they had to change the name and at least they let everyone vote on the new name, regardless of how insignificant all the names were as far the the game lore goes. 

That being said as the other bob said, it's just a name and has no impact on game play at all soooooo who really cares?

6 hours ago, InsertNameHere said:

Can someone give me (as someone who admittedly doesn't care much for Wakfus) a quick rundown on the significance of Echo within the lore?

I think that name mainly won because Echo the npc looked the most impressive imo and actually had at least some lore behind the name compared to all the other choices. Overall Echo is pretty insignificant though.

2 people like this

7 hours ago, InsertNameHere said:

Given that Echo is probably a 40% majority of Rushu players, and Rushu represented everything that made International Dofus successful since the game launched, I still can't comprehend why they didn't just merge everyone into that database and call it a day.

Ya'lls ain't that special.  Rosal 4 lyfe

5 people like this

9 hours ago, InsertNameHere said:

Given that Echo is probably a 40% majority of Rushu players

9 hours ago, InsertNameHere said:

Given that Echo is probably a 40% minority of Rushu players

Come on man 😅... 40% is less then 60%, unless what?

I am happy to still be the first 200 eca on any server, and the pal's from Blank who's done the same (Rambo i.e). Oh, then we have Vikin, Coops (Shika), Joeblack, Anju, Bobeur, Veldin, Tuc, Extreal, Jon, Yosemite-stan, --VU--, Rock-You (hi Nehra) Oscarley and ... You guys are just too many. You guys know who you are. So much #1 in Echo history ^_^. You wouldn't imagine how many more I've met on Henual (1.29 server) from Jiva (first server) and the BR community (these guys are efficiant as hell). 60% from other servers who also are apart of Echo. So yeah, politics ftw?

So cheesy omg ^_^.. Echo of the past!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

i wanna succ

Edited by Tyrone

Wow, calm down that was 53 words

3 people like this

just the way i like it.. sunbathe

@Youbutsu, I merely meant that Rushu players are the majority group on Echo, as Rushu's active population was, on average, at least 3 times higher than the populations of the other servers.

Regardless, it's more than just a population thing. The reason Rushu had that population is because it was symbolic for the international community.

But RIP servers. I'm genuinely surprised no one seems to be sentimental about the end of an era for so much Dofus history.

I feel sentimental, but equally, it's only just happened, lol - there's no way to go back, and I'm yet to feel much nostalgia because it hasn't even been a week.

Equally, I was on Shika and have absolutely no attachment to Rushu, or  any other server, whatsoever. Except Zato, I got an iop to lv 20-30 there about 8-9 years ago.

7 hours ago, InsertNameHere said:

Regardless, it's more than just a population thing. The reason Rushu had that population is because it was symbolic for the international community.

See this is where server bias comes in though, I never once thought of Rushu as symbolic of the international community, if anything when I thought of Rushu I thought of it as the place with the over inflated egos. If Ankama was going to choose a name from the old servers they would of chosen Rosal since Quality over Quantity is what really matters. But regardless I have about as much attachment to the name of the server I play as I do to dofus itself, I quit after they nerfed cras and I'm only on imps because I have finals I should be studying for :D.

5 people like this

Should have renamed it Rosalt and called it a day

Hey guys what's up, and cya again next year

11 people like this

Watcher's quest line - first time for me doing these quests, this came as quite a surprise... 

Vo3gjvA.png

1 person likes this

19 hours ago, Futoi said:

Watcher's quest line - first time for me doing these quests, this came as quite a surprise... 

Vo3gjvA.png

"Echo- she's a leader of mysterious guild with dark ambitions"

i has conspiracy theory

badum tssss

2 people like this