• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Announcements

• Rob

Server Merge and Changes to Imps Village   04/30/17

The old server sections will still be viewable at the bottom of the forum list under Legacy Servers, but read only. If you wish for any thread to be moved to the new sections, please report your own thread to bring it to our attention and tell us where you need it to go.
bulgari

Advice regarding a PC

So, I've bought this really amazing LAP some time ago, and I dont like it's performance when it comes to Dofus. ( I have to say I do not want, or play any other games then dofus) 

So: I want to ask you guys for some advice, (price dosen't really matter for me)
I want a PC that has an amazing dofus performance. (I do not want a gamer Laptop, let me mark that right away) 
I want a PC that can carry 8+ characters without a single sign of lag. The PC I have now has 2.3ghz, and 8 rams, obviously not enough, because I have to relog every hour, and driving 8, nonono... 
So, if you guys have some model names / advice, I'd be glad to read them all. 

- Bulgari

do you want to build the PC or buy it pre-built?

I'd make sure it is actually the RAM that's a limiting factor for running 8 accs, if you haven't already.

When you're running 8, at about the time you'd have to relog, you can probably simply open task manager and check the RAM usage.

Limiting factor will be the CPU. 8gb is more than enough ram for most things. 

1 person likes this

You need at least a i5 or i7 or equivalent to run 8 I would say. Processor speed isn't always the determining factor in running that many its the threads and cores of your processor. I have a 3.5 ghz i5 unlocked and it does the job. 

16gb ram would be ideal (or 12). just cus 8 clients CAN be run on 8gb, its literally gonna be using 100% of it. no point making it work hard. can get cheap i5's at 3ghz+ and you'll be comfortably running 8.

aim for: 12gb ram+, i5 3ghz+,

(i use i7 3.6ghz and 16gb ram)

12 is an awkward amount of ram because there are usually 2 ram slots and a system like OSX or Windows (linux idk, but I guess the same) requires them to be the same amount. using an 8 and a 4GB stick will render 4 of the 8GB on the first stick probably almost useless. (At least, that's how it used to be, and I don't think it changed in the last few years)

Just settle for 8 or 16.

AMD just came out with new CPUs that competes well with i5s and i7s, at a lower cost to boot

1 person likes this

Thanks guys, 

I think I know why its slacking on me now. 

however could you post some models? for an example: 

Mac book pro .. .. . . .. 
or ASUS Amd kasofjasfj1 231123 

so I can check it out. 

predator g3 series aren't bad

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

If you're only running Dofus, there's no need for a 'gaming' system.  A prebuilt Dell/Lenovo/HP system can be had for a pretty good deal (bonus if you're okay with an old system that's being replaced) and should run 8 instances fine.  I'd only recommend getting an SSD installed.  Your current system with 8 GB of RAM should run 8 instances just fine, so not sure what's going on there.  If you haven't cleaned your PC in a while, it might be overheating from dust buildup.  Try reinstalling your operating system and see if that fixes your issues.  When you need to relog, take a screenshot of task manager and post it here

Edited by PieForFun

16gb of ram and an amd 8350 is ok imo easily overclockable aswell on air cooling if you are into that and feel for any reason you don't have enough power (though 4ghz will be plently). Otherwise one of the intel suggestions above are good aswell.

13 minutes ago, Auron said:

16gb of ram and an amd 8350 is ok imo easily overclockable aswell on air cooling if you are into that and feel for any reason you don't have enough power (though 4ghz will be plently). Otherwise one of the intel suggestions above are good aswell.

i dont think you want to recommand a 8350 when Ryzen 5 is out

am quite sure a ryze 5 1400 is much better then 8350.

offered as an option if I had the money id personally go intel. 8350 suggested if hes after something abit cheaper and its a proven performer. Not sure how much motherboard prices running ryzen would cost but I would imagine more money to be spent there aswell. 

one more thing i would like to add is that AMD chips older then ryzen have horrible single core performance.

i haven't tested the 8350 personally but all the ones i had subpar performance in dofus  in comparison to an intel equivalent.

Id say get an i5, i7 or ryzen if you want to multi log.