• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
bobeur

stop quoting the previous posts/images omg

Can we pls get a rule about quoting the last post in the topic, as well as the ones containing lots of images. It's totally unnecessary and makes it more annoying to actually follow/read a topic, especially on mobile. 

cenks

3 people like this

5 minutes ago, bobeur said:

Can we pls get a rule about quoting the last post in the topic, as well as the ones containing lots of images. It's totally unnecessary and makes it more annoying to actually follow/read a topic, especially on mobile. 

cenks

Sometimes it's important to narrow your response to one user, even if they were the last poster. I do however agree when quoting posts with multiple/large images it's better to [image] them. If I spot those I'll normally edit them out. 

There won't be a hard rule on this because quotes and their content have situational importance. That's more something for the community to self-moderate. This thing called common sense. 

45 minutes ago, bobeur said:

cenks

40 minutes ago, Rob said:

Sometimes it's important to narrow your response to one user, even if they were the last poster. I do however agree when quoting posts with multiple/large images it's better to [image] them. If I spot those I'll normally edit them out. 

There won't be a hard rule on this because quotes and their content have situational importance. That's more something for the community to self-moderate. This thing called common sense. 

Thanks

2 people like this

1 hour ago, bobeur said:

cenks

55 minutes ago, Rob said:

14 minutes ago, Jumpermina said:

Thanks

You're welcome! 

4 people like this

I typically just delete images if im quoting a post, or i size down the quoted post to only the statement im responding too. But +1 to you. It would help with the fluidity of reading topics a bit.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Rob said:

Sometimes it's important to narrow your response to one user, even if they were the last poster.

Well you can just name the user, that's what usernames are for. We even have these fancy @Rob tags now. If you don't quote, you reply to either the topic or the last post. If you want to specify, use names. Quotes are there to reply to a certain thing a previous poster said, I'm just triggered by the QUOTE EVERTHING ANYONE EVER SAYS TO ME WHEN I REPLY mentality.

But yeah I guess common sense would fix the problem. Luckily we have are nothing short of it on imps, right? ^__________^

kL0zV7b.png

5 people like this

wow reported for spam

5 people like this

6 hours ago, bobeur said:

wow reported for spam

:^)

14 hours ago, Rob said:

@bobeur@bobeur@bobeur@bobeur@bobeur@bobeur@bobeur@bobeur@bobeur@bobeur@bobeur

Official answer aside. I can't really be fucked trying to manage more rules when people can't even consistently add a price to a topic. 

@bobeur@bobeur@bobeur@bobeur@bobeur@bobeur@bobeur@bobeur@bobeur@bobeur@bobeur

nice

2 people like this