• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
quaintrelle

Hi, total newbie.

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

I recently just got into playing Dofus after someone recommended I play it. A few months ago, I tried playing as an Osamodas as well as a Cra, but didn't enjoy either of them and stopped at level 22. However, I decided to play as a Feca this time around and I am enjoying it a lot more.

My main problem lies in determining which spells to utilize and which ones to level up. How/where can I learn more about the spells and when/how I should be using them? I want to make the most of them all instead of clicking random spells and hoping for the best.

Edited by quaintrelle

Hey! Welcome  back to dofus! if you would like some help starting out id recommend messaging  Roseshield or someone from Shi No Tenshi i am sure they would be willing to help you get started! As for learning spells id  suggest  wiki+Reading them maybe going to village and  fighting pouchingbags!

1 person likes this

Welcome to Dofus!

For spells in general when just starting out, you'll want to choose your favorite group of element spells you like out of intelligence (fire), chance (water), strength (earth/neutral), and agility (air) and level up the corresponding glyph/offensive spells. You can play around with what you like the most, each element has its own playstyle/strengths/weaknesses. For leveling the spells themselves, focus on getting a spell to level 5/6 first instead of leveling up multiple spells to like 2-4. You want to max out one spell at a time.

Fecas have a good amount of utility spells as well, mostly defensive. The most important ones to level are:

- Rampart (gives you and your allies around you linear damage reduction)

- Barricade (one-turn immunity to spells/weapons cast by enemies directly next to you)

- Bastion (one-turn immunity to spells/weapons cast by enemies not adjacent to you)

- Teleglyph (teleport spell, and triggers any glyphs you have on the ground)

- Gravitational glyph (prevents being pushed/pulled or teleporting out while inside the glyph, good for keeping people in place)

- Feca shield (gives an ally (or yourself) %-based damage reduction)

Once you've decided which element you'd like to play as (you can change your mind at a later time, resetting characteristics is pretty easy) then level up their respective elemental damaging spells/glyph. I'm not an experienced feca player so other people can help you out more with regards to other important spells, but thehe other glyphs and utility spells you can level up at your discretion with leftover points. You'll also want to invest your characteristic points into your chosen element. At higher levels, you can also go multi-elemental with your gear but for now it's easiest to stay mono-elemental.

As for the actual act of leveling, quests are pretty easy (albeit boring as hell if you're not interested in the lore) to earn achievements with and get a decent amount of xp. There's not a huge influx of other newer players so you'll be hard pressed to find other people around your level to level up with but it's not impossible. 

Best of luck! Feel free to keep asking as many questions as you need to.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

On 3/26/2017 at 1:01 AM, Jesternaut said:

Edited by quaintrelle

your best bet is to join a guild or an alliance like int or onelove

Iron also is very beginner friendly, just /w Nada for tips & tricks.

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, quaintrelle said:

Do you have any pointers on meeting people that are around the same level as me? Or just people willing to play together in general? It's getting kind of boring fighting things on my own and I have no idea how to meet people.

As Spacetech said, try to find a good guild / alliance :)

You can also try saying hi to people in public chat and being friendly (I hear talking to people is a good way to make friends).

After the server merge there'll be even more people to be friends with running around :D

Edited by Sommanker

I main a Feca int they are really fun and easy to level up :D

You're welcome to poke me in game on Kyff. (: You can probably tag along to some stuff and pick up some levels.