• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eternallyfe

Quitting Team Going Solo. Question Beforehand.

Okay so i was thinking about quitting my team of  8 and staying with 1 character to just pvp. I was wondering what class could be classified as decent in pvp. Or can be decent if you know how  to play them correctly. At the moment i have a feca that's agi/str. I  have around   probably 200ishmk   to spend once i sell all my gear on my accounts.  

Any advice would be appreciated!

I'm playing int feca and it's really good. You can go damage mode with shoorpoon, plumobile or just healing mode with bruta wand, arche bow. All the shields you got, raping spells are best. In solo queue you will mostly face random team and you might need to play defensive or aggresive and feca is all that  u need. There are other chars also, but I would recommend this one.

Easiest way to break it down is this.

You quit team have 200mk.

You spent 75mk on an abyssal, 70mk on a cloudy, 35-40m on an ochre, you buy latest gear 10-15mk each x8, but all the trophies imaginable.

You're looking in excess of 300mk+ for a good pvp set.

But the real problem lies with what now?

You have 1 char, epic gear, no kama. 

No way of making kama. 

New content released.

You cant kill it without getting leeched from friend.

Have to spend 15-30mk for new items when released.

Don't have kama.

Can't buy.

Repeat.

Repeat.

You have piwi-equivalent gear and everyone with the means of kama making is in sick ass sets.

I'd recommend reducing your team to a core panda/eni/iop+your pvp char.

This allows you to gather gear yourself, gather more to crush for runes to mage your gear, do quests etc.

When new content is released, you'll have a good stab at it, maybe beat it and gear for free.

I've done both solo and multi. When i came back from my hiatus i regeared 1 character, idea was to pvp and go solo. But now i have a team of 8. I can still pvp if i want, but this way i can collect gear to sell/mage/use and keep a stock of kama handy. 

2 people like this

You can make kamas for your gear by farming kolossium, treasure hunts or percs, but it might be boring abit and long way. 

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, ReaperSurm said:

Easiest way to break it down is this.

You quit team have 200mk.

You spent 75mk on an abyssal, 70mk on a cloudy, 35-40m on an ochre, you buy latest gear 10-15mk each x8, but all the trophies imaginable.

You're looking in excess of 300mk+ for a good pvp set.

But the real problem lies with what now?

You have 1 char, epic gear, no kama. 

No way of making kama. 

New content released.

You cant kill it without getting leeched from friend.

Have to spend 15-30mk for new items when released.

Don't have kama.

Can't buy.

Repeat.

Repeat.

You have piwi-equivalent gear and everyone with the means of kama making is in sick ass sets.

I'd recommend reducing your team to a core panda/eni/iop+your pvp char.

This allows you to gather gear yourself, gather more to crush for runes to mage your gear, do quests etc.

When new content is released, you'll have a good stab at it, maybe beat it and gear for free.

I've done both solo and multi. When i came back from my hiatus i regeared 1 character, idea was to pvp and go solo. But now i have a team of 8. I can still pvp if i want, but this way i can collect gear to sell/mage/use and keep a stock of kama handy. 

Although i see what you're saying i also have a guild that  has been more than willing to do stuff with me and they are all on at the same time i am.  Hence  not needing a team. as far kamas go i can still make them by doing Kolo/Treasure Hunts/quests.   and or killing perceptors and selling resources i get!

Id also like to add i could get 100mk  more  quite quickly  if i needed too. So would 300mk be the price needed for a set?

Id also like to add it doesn't have to be a pvp feca either. I was  also asking what classes are normally good with pvp. And are also decent if played correctly!  I like uncommon classes  and builds aha

Thanks again!

Edited by Eternallyfe

To be fair, the first sign this is a bad idea is needing to ask the question.

If you're serious about PvP you should be able to create sets for yourself and know the cost associated. Spend some time watching fights (the current Dofus Cup is a good place to start) and analyse the different classes, their gear and playstyle. As Reaper said, sets are quickly outdated with updates so you shouldn't be expecting a one-time investment of 200 - 300m. The items you buy will depreciate in value, so you'll need a strong source of income to maintain a top tier set with new exos. The key difference between a mediocre PvPer like Astrology and the top tier French is their ability to constantly adapt, which is expensive. 

tl;dr: I pretty much agree with Reaper, you're far better off keeping a core team of 4 / 5 and using that to set out one character in the long-run. You'll depreciate the 200m from selling your gear extremely quickly. 

tl;dr;dr: Don't do it. 

4 people like this

Mmm alright! Thanks