• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Announcements

• Rob

Include a selling / offering price   06/11/17

A reminder that all marketplace topics (with exception to Real Estate) should include either selling or offering price. Click Here.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WidowMaker

Moving all multi-account characters with one mouse click on Mac OS

Hey guys, I apologize in advance if this topic has already been covered. I did come across this for PC but have not seen a Mac OS equivalent. I am currently trying to run the same quests on 4 different chars. I am on a Desktop MacPro with duel monitors so all character windows are open at once (two account windows per monitor). Is there a script already around that will help me click once in one character's window, and then all other characters in the other windows will move to the same spot? If not does anyone know how I could create a script like this myself? I am proficient in python and can write some C++.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You could take a look at this answer:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2734117/simulating-mouse-input-programmatically-in-os-x

You could combine that with CGEventPostToPSN to send mouse clicks to another process. Everything is documented on apple's website. It might take some time to read through the reference but should be fairly possible.

It'd probably be easier finding some sort of  a python module which are built on top of these though. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

That'll be hard to do though, seeing as the positions are fixed. What you want is a script that replicates (some of) your input for your other clients. I'm not proficient with it, but I think the solution if at all possible will be with AppleScript.

Edited by bobeur
1 person likes this