• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Announcements

• Rob

Include a selling / offering price   06/11/17

A reminder that all marketplace topics (with exception to Real Estate) should include either selling or offering price. Click Here.
Polymath

Eni's Paralysing Word

Posted (edited)

"Reduces MP for 1 turn. At the end of the caster's turn, heals nearby allies (within 2 cells)."

I do not understand how this spell works. Could someone give me some clarity? I've tried using this spell multiple ways and I have not seen this heal anyone. What am I doing wrong?

Is this suppose to heal allies near the caster?
Is this suppose to heal allies near the target?

Edited by Polymath

Posted (edited)

Okay, so I understand how it works now. The spell will heal your allies after the TARGET'S turn. I think this spell is poorly worded; I think "caster's turn" should be changed to "target's turn".

I hope this helps someone else. Also, this spell cannot be used on allies.

Edited by Polymath

Ok

4 hours ago, Polymath said:

I hope this helps someone else. Also, this spell cannot be used on allies.

Unless that was just changed pretty sure it can. I used it a ton on allies, namely Coney, but haven't really played much since update

It's definitely not changed. I spam Para word all over, on allies or enemies. It's a pretty large heal for 2ap.

Posted (edited)

Yes, it's really op spell when you use it properly. If I remember It's around 12% heal right?

Edited by Salmonella

Posted (edited)

I stand corrected, Paralysing Word DOES indeed work on allies. Thank you for the correction, Piro, Masive, & Salmonella. Now that I know how to correctly use this spell, I would agree that if used correctly this has great potential!

Along with the poorly worded spell description, did they intentionally misspell Paralyzing?

Edited by Polymath

Paralyse is the British spelling of the word, Paralyze is the American / other English spelling, so no, it's correct :)

while ankama has many problems, i do think you're reaching a bit on trying to find problems with the spell.

1 person likes this

Sommanker, I thought that might be the case. Thanks for clearing that up :~)

Super-Beast, I don't think my first point about Paralysing Word is reaching; I honestly believe it needs clarification. Me asking about the spelling of Paralysing is somewhat reaching/ignorance. Another instance of reaching would be when I posted on the official forum that they used "they" instead of "the" within the description of Lifting Word. I would consider THAT reaching. But hey, I'm just trying to make the game better one baby step at a time ;~)

4 people like this

This so much. In fact the description is not clear at all. It should say "At the end of the objective's turn...." because you are the one casting the spell, not the enemie/ally.

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, sebas8181 said:

This so much. In fact the description is not clear at all. It should say "At the end of the target's turn...." because you are the one casting the spell, not the enemies/allies.

*cough*

Edited by Masive