• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Announcements

• Rob

Server Merge and Changes to Imps Village   04/30/17

The old server sections will still be viewable at the bottom of the forum list under Legacy Servers, but read only. If you wish for any thread to be moved to the new sections, please report your own thread to bring it to our attention and tell us where you need it to go.
64 posts in this topic

@Professor 

With your logic every single MOBA tournament out there would be considered unequal :)

I don't think 'equal chance of winning' means what you think it means. It means everybody is given the same tools and it's up to you and your team to make most of it.

6 people like this

What you're calling for is Ankama to completely scrap this and make their e-sports event a raffle. Then you'd have an equal chance of winning. Hell-Angel has got it. 

5 people like this

Anyone want to team up? I'll probably use panda or hupper.

2 people like this

Im up to team up as well

1 person likes this

Good luck to everyone participating but i dont waste my time gearing my chars for nothing

Not only does "no maging" mean no exomaging your own stuff, it also means you can't mage the elements on any neutral-damage weapons, according to Nerodos on the forums. There's quite a few weapons that work considerably better when element maged properly, so it'll be interesting to see if the weapons in the banks will be pre-maged to a specific element or not.

15 minutes ago, Jesternaut said:

Not only does "no maging" mean no exomaging your own stuff, it also means you can't mage the elements on any neutral-damage weapons, according to Nerodos on the forums. There's quite a few weapons that work considerably better when element maged properly, so it'll be interesting to see if the weapons in the banks will be pre-maged to a specific element or not.

I think you will have a chance to choose element damage on weapon or they are going to give you a couple of them with different elements.

I seem to recall that there were some element variant ones given for 1001 griffes tournament

Just now, Extreal said:

I seem to recall that there were some element variant ones given for 1001 griffes tournament

That's good then, hopefully they follow through with that for this tournament.

Also according to Nerodos, once the registration goes live on March 2nd, you'll be able to sign up with anyone from any server/community  "barring an unforeseen issue with the registration system," so that's nice.

Just like as on the Clash of Guilds server, you will have all weapons (150+) in all elements.

So in your bank you will have (for example) a Gilbert R. Rapier in the normal neutral damage varient, but you will also have one in all of the characteristics (agi/cha/str/int),

At least that seems the most logical to me :)

It really sucks for the real server's economy that they will not let us use your own gear.

What is the point of people buying expensive mages and exos if they can not compete with them?

For sure its not for kolo or perceptor fights.

People forget that this is supposed to be an MMORPG as well.

This will hurt the magus community a lot.

Genuinely confused as to how people can complain about this. This is as balanced as the game's pvp can get. Im looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.

6 people like this

Good in terms of balance, but dofus is not a game when all the player have the exact same gear, and player invested a lot of kamas for exomage and over, even the difference beetween 4% res over and 5% res over it's of milions of kamas. So why let the player invest kamas into better gear when they can't use them in tournaments? 

I like the concept of this "balanced" tournament only  if in dofus all the player had the same equipment. 

1 person likes this

This way the tournament is open to more people.

In a way, you could pretend that this tournament is completely separate from the main MMORPG itself - it is a test of 3v3 pvp skill and nothing else.

Ankama have said that there will be 2 tournaments a year - maybe the other one will be different?

6 people like this

8 hours ago, LordAntani said:

Good in terms of balance, but dofus is not a game when all the player have the exact same gear, and player invested a lot of kamas for exomage and over, even the difference beetween 4% res over and 5% res over it's of milions of kamas. So why let the player invest kamas into better gear when they can't use them in tournaments? 

I like the concept of this "balanced" tournament only  if in dofus all the player had the same equipment. 

Because they want to organize a tournament for the "middle class" as well. Personally I find it sad to see everything has to be overmaged with %res to even compete in the higher leagues. 

7 people like this

I find this move by Ankama highly reasonable and refreshing in a world were all too many games prefer the pay-to-win style. And what else is the over-reliance of overmaged items? For once they give us a purely skill-based tournament and yet people complain.

7 people like this

On 23/02/2017 at 10:54 PM, ReaperSurm said:

But people invest time and effort obtaining latest gears, mages etc. 

Whole point is the competitions were elitist. You really think anyone who is lvl160 with shit gear on real server is going miraculously win the tournament? It isn't like an equal chance of winning. 

Why shouldn't the guy spending 100 hours on awesome mages not maintain the advantage over some guy who logs for 5mins a day and zaap sits at astrub zaap in his gobball set begging for kama?

Do you really need an advantage over someone who zaap sit ? Or maybe you want an advantage over the good pvper.

I agree with the fact that player can't get miraculously better all of a sudden but not with  the rest.

I think the only advantage you should have over other players is the time you've spend about practising, testing, etc not the time you spent on dung, profession or irl cash you spent for items. Why someone who spent 100h maging should have an advantage over someone who spent 100h doing kolo but having less kamas in a pvp competition ?

Also let's say you're of one the pro league team, how are you supposed to practice with your team if you must spent inimaginable hours doing new dungs, trying the impossible exo to be at the top ? How do you avoid player who get all their items with no effort (borrow, steal, luck, ...) ?

The only bad part is not having the possibility to personalize your set like exo neutral something that wasn't supposed to but maybe this is what they want like the malus crit res on treadfast that shouldn't be avoided in a competition fight (it makes the set too good).

Edited by Steam-alb
6 people like this

Does anyone know if for registration into the tournament do all three accounts have to have a lvl 150+ or just one of them?
Also when selecting a character does it have to be the character that is lvl 150+?

13 hours ago, skilliop said:

Does anyone know if for registration into the tournament do all three accounts have to have a lvl 150+ or just one of them?
Also when selecting a character does it have to be the character that is lvl 150+?

- Every player must have his own character lvl 150+

- It's not very clear if you must have at least one character lvl 150 or if the character you register must be lvl 150 because of they way the sentence is build you can understand both meaning (in french), I've sent a msg to Kylls and in some forum and i'm waiting for reply :)

- You can still create and lvl up a new character to reach the lvl 150 until 7 march (if the maximum 1500 team is not reached before) but not change class or migrate (apparently it creates problem for them)

I didn't receive any official answer but from the feedback of other players who also participated in TDA and 1001G the characters you register MUST all be lvl 150, reaching at least one char 150 on your team or on your account is NOT enough.

We should figure out who all will be entering this through IV and arrange times to practice with (at least) contactable EN players once the Tournament server opens. And obviously if individuals or whole teams from the other communities want to do that with us, that'd also be cool.

Would people here by interested in that?

1 person likes this

I am

You just write " cherche 3 vs 3 " in any chat in the tournament server and you'll be spammed " nous "

1 person likes this

I've read a-lot of comments regarding the gear(some of them might have been answered), however I am sure it will be like the C-O-G server was (clash of guilds, the guild event that was running in december)
You'll receive some blessing that covers what ever exos, 1 Range, 1 AP, 1MP, to be fair I (think) they're gonna add a summon in this PVP based one. 

They also mentioned you will have a bank full of 180+ stuff, so stuff like class items will not be in the bank, and you wont be able to level proffesions what so ever to make them. All you'll have is a bank full of ALL trophies, ALL dofuses Vulbis, Ohcre, Abyssal etc etc. And what ever item in the category 180+, and ALL items will be maxed. 

I also read a question about weapons, with neutral damage - lets put the gilbert Rapier as the example, you'll get 5 gilbert rapiers, 1 with neutral damage, and 1 with fire damage, water, air, earth - you will receive all elements on the weapons that normally has neutral damage. 

Regarding pets: There wont be no mixed croums like (13 fire / earth) you'll receive croums with 26% in all elements, and have a paddock full of every single seemy, including all drago-turkeys & armoured. you will also receive 1 pet with 90 cha agi int str, 1 with 55% power, 44 PB dmg, so all pets you can think of are covered.

On 28/2/2017 at 0:56 PM, --VU-- said:

I find this move by Ankama highly reasonable and refreshing in a world were all too many games prefer the pay-to-win style. And what else is the over-reliance of overmaged items? For once they give us a purely skill-based tournament and yet people complain.

And I agree!
I dont think you can do ANYTHING to make it more fair than this is, this is as equal as it gets, and litterally EVERYONE can join instead of 2 of each class from each server. Also, this prize you get for winning this event, is much more motivating! :) 

Im really exited to see the winning combo, im sure its gonne be like Xel, Rogue, Masq or some tottally unexpected combo haha, good luck to all who is going to participate! :-)

2 people like this

No its not as balanced as people think, you have to have the class you want to play, so either you have a team or have fun buying class reset potion.

That said it is much more fair pvp than goultarminator even though the 3v3 format is questionable, however people don't seem to realize the effects this will have on the maging economy if all tournaments will end up being like this. PVM players do not need and 99% of the time do not care for very nice exos so if pvp tournaments are going to have this format then there will a big drop in demand for nice items, AvA is basically dead and kolo is already a joke so what would people want top mages for?