• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Extreal

Ouginak Playtest

31 posts in this topic

So the Ouginak class is nearly upon us it seems as there is going to be a playtest held at Ankama on 27 Jan

Technically there's nothing stating that it's for the French only but let's face it, it probably is given that they are going to cover costs (international travel cost more etc etc) and is only on the french site.

Anyway there is the opportunity to win 2 places on it, although I get the feeling there are more who have been invited, but may be wrong.

This thread is to serve as a heads up for this and once we have more info as a place to discuss what we find out.

http://www.dofus.com/fr/mmorpg/actualites/news/622024-playtest-ouginak-invites

Edited by Extreal
2 people like this

It doesn't have to be. I was there with the Elio playtest. Also the same ruled applied. ;)

1 person likes this

Wait, there's an actual Ouginak class? I thought that was a meme.

1 person likes this

Oh goody, another class. Just what the game needed!

2 people like this

Ok so there should be a dofuslive today starting in a few mins and you can watch it here:

https://www.twitch.tv/dofusofficiel

So far we know it's quad-elemental, and dmg dealer/tank role and I believe also it has erosion, gravity and mp red spells

Oh and also it casts a spell that puts a target in the plagued state, which results in other effects. It can also tele from anywhere on the map to adjacent to the plagued target

Edited by Extreal

quad-elemental, dmg dealer/tank... sounds like a sac

sac is tri elemntal tho :^]

Ok so a summary of the stuff from the stream. Names are direct translations of the French or just the French names so may well change

The class comes under the Ecaflip god and is supposed to be relatively simple to play, but still has a few nice mechanics.

The first is the "plague" system, you can cast a spell on a single target that puts it into the plagued state and this changes spells (mostly increases dmg), the attacker is healed 25% of damage dealt to the plagued target.

The second system is the "rage" system. Certain spells boost the level of rage and there are 3 levels. If level 3 is reached, you go into rage mode and transform in to the wolf/dog thing, and it lasts for a certain number of turns. All spells become CC, you are in weakened state, unlockable, gain 3mp, do more damage and get extra vit.

Quad elemental with each one having different focuses:

Earth is your tanking role

Fire is the damage dealer

Water has more ranged damage

Air has erosion

Earth spells: "Molosse" = earth dmg, +1 rage, reduces damage received

"Dog" = life steal earth dmg

"Cerbére" = big earth dmg and applies a dodge malus

Fire spells: "Tétanisation" = Cc spell, heavy fire dam, gravity state, 2 uses per turn and no cooldown, takes mp and increases rage

"Traque" = Fire dmg and advances 5 sq to target if in Plagued state

"Rabattage" Fire dmg and steals 2mp if target is plagued

Water spells: "Tibia" = Circle aoe around target, deals damage and pushes back 3sq at level 6, increases rage

"Os à moelle" = Water damage at 1-14 range (modifiable) and if target is in plagued state, increases the damage over next 3 turns

"Cubitus" = Water damage at 1-15 range (modifiable), if the target is plagued, gain 1mp.

Air spells: "Carcasse" = Air damage, if the target is plagued increases spell damage over 3 turns

"Charogne" = Air damage, 30% erosion, increases rage

"Limier" = Air damage, caster gains %pow if target is plagued

Other spells: "Arcanin" = Increases power but reduces rage

"Aboiement" = target can't be pushed/pulled, if target takes cc dam then any spell effects are removed and it gains rage

"Convergence" = class spell, reduces rage, advances the caster 2 sq towards target and attracts target 2 sq towards caster

"Flair" = teleports caster next to the plagued enemy. 1-63 range

The other main feature of the class is it's summon the "Roquet" (I think english devblog called it Yappy Dog, pls change name ok"

The summon has 45 lock, and each time you hit something in the plagued state it advances 1 cell towards the target.

Spell icons and images can be found at https://twitter.com/gondawa as well as images of the class set

Mb6hEQHl.png
P3isQ2Il.png
LWjqou2l.png

Edited by Extreal
3 people like this

Sound's pretty cool, I like the idea of the plague state.  Seems like it would go well with panda and iop vulns

nice plague state

*cough* draconic *cough*

so ouginaks are just a matter of pick a target, and you're going to make their life a living hell... Fun concept, but doesn't seem like it'll be all that great in group play, which is fine, I'd hate to have another one to find a place for. 

6 hours ago, Jappar said:

sac is tri elemntal tho :^]

Shut your dirty mouth.

7 people like this

Should've named them Puppermages tbh 

10 people like this

19 hours ago, Piro said:

so ouginaks are just a matter of pick a target, and you're going to make their life a living hell... Fun concept, but doesn't seem like it'll be all that great in group play, which is fine, I'd hate to have another one to find a place for. 

Not entirely sure how it won't have a place in group play, the games been crying out for another erosion character, especially a tank that can deal erosion, let alone a character that can deal erosion, tank and deal high amounts of damage, seems like a complete meme imo.

Make a team of int sac, heal wand feca ap/MP red based along side the ouginak class in kolo and you've got yourself a turn 1 rush, blitz team with erosion.

by group play, I meant 5+ char pvm.. they look like they'll rock in kolo. pick the enemy osa, sadi or eni, and just butcher them, or whoever you need. 

honestly, this class would instantly be an acceptable pvm class..................IF GRAVITY DID A DAMN THING IN PVM...

gravi is useful in some pvm cases tho

2 hours ago, Quadro said:

gravi is useful in some pvm cases tho

like what? seems like now everything is immune to gravity.. it really bothers me, too.. there's plenty of low level stuff yeah, but seems like high lvs don' count. I know frig 3 basically ignores it, as does the aquadome barbakles and gabasmaks in deeper sufokia

7 minutes ago, Piro said:

like what? seems like now everything is immune to gravity.. it really bothers me, too.. there's plenty of low level stuff yeah, but seems like high lvs don' count. I know frig 3 basically ignores it, as does the aquadome barbakles and gabasmaks in deeper sufokia

It works on trydes, and in dimension dungs it's also very useful (kamasterisk, and terristocrats for example). But yea some mobs can ignore it for some reason.

1 person likes this

"Flair" = teleports caster next to the plagued enemy. 1-63 range

This seems like it's going to be op. 

Edited by ReaperSurm
1 person likes this

Ankama keep trying to outdo themselves with every revamp/new release. gg wp

Sounds really fun.  Will definitely pvp with it. 

But, wish they would focus on revamps first.

Panda's and Cra's need to be on their goal list at some point.

3 hours ago, Aurah said:

Sounds really fun.  Will definitely pvp with it. 

But, wish they would focus on revamps first.

Pandas are a tiny bit op, yes, but I wouldn't say that's a big deal. And what's wrong with cras? They're a simple class, but they're supposed to be. 

Wheras we have mechanically broken spells on eca (HoT and AoN), and the confusion that is enu, who has some of the most op spells in the game, and then some randomly super underwhelming ones, in the name of balance because of the chest they said they'd remove. 

As far as revamps, honestly the only class outdated mechanically and just overall would be enu if anything. Masq could use a buff, but emerald dofus might be enoguh on that. 

Now's a pretty solid time to introduce the next step of powercreep if you ask me. 

I believe they've said that there will no longer be class specific revamps, however they're still thinking how to revamp all spells with the Prestige update.

13 hours ago, Aurah said:

Pandas aren't really pvpers. But pandas are essential to most pvm achieves. Besides, they had a rework fking ages ago, way back when you could vuln in a specific element and such.

And cras are perfectly fine in pvp, esp if you know how to play them. They're one of the ultimate classes that can abuse cloudy with punis, AND when you look at new dofus abilities, they'll become even more op. 

1 person likes this