• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
101 posts in this topic

Drop.. Spells!? Oo

stationary-gif-conan-face.gif

Leek pie is annoying enough as it is, k thx bb.

1 person likes this

On 1/8/2017 at 11:32 PM, Gravestorm said:

The idea is to launch a special server oriented to the redesign of the spells.
1. This server would be accessible to all our players.
2. Each class would have far more spells than at present.
3. The spells are no longer gained when passing levels but in the form of drops. Each character starts with 4-5 basic spells and has to drop others. The spells would have different rarities.
4. The mechanics of each class are reviewed to be adapted on a "global" system, starting from an "elementary gauge".
It's ultimately the biggest subject, so I'll try to explain it to you correctly. One of my worries about the game is that everything is too complicated. The primary objective of this test was to simplify the reading of fighting in priority, while bringing a more modern "combo" system. We have therefore thought of this system of "elementary gauges".

So I'm trying to understand this a little, does this mean all characters can access many of the same spells? (Not including the 4-5 basic spells you start with) I've never really played Wakfu so I don't know if it is of similar style.

It sounds complicated in writing, but honestly I've tried explaining Dofus to friends before,  and even the most basic things can sound complicated. I haven't fully lost hope yet. 

The point is that I have no idea (as many) what this means. The thing that irritates me is the passive agressiveness all throughout these posts. That's no way to treat a loyal playerbase that's only trying to protect their best interests. Sure. Class revamps are another thing. They need to happen. And balancing will always piss off someone or a group. But people adapt. People will be pissed when Osa's are going to get a big nerf. But we all know they deserve it. Instead of this vague communicating they should make a video with concepts so we can all judge the actual things they are suggesting instead of the lack of information given, which seems to be the biggest annoyance of all. (I mean. Again. I was on board with the secondary spells, as opposed to many others. Because it was too vague. Then they made it clearer and more people were interested in it. Now it seems they scrapped the whole thing which resulted in a great outrage once again. 

The idea of a pre-test server is interesting and a step in the right direction. The thing that makes me scared is that after the effort of making a thing they will actually push it through because, hell, they made it so why waste that time? We will have to see how it goes. I have been through over 10 years of changes and nerfs and buffs and all of that stuff. I just hope they won't break it beyond recognition. 

1 person likes this

rare pic of anyone trying to play this game in 2018

fa5.jpg

also lololololololol wtb board of directors or something so tot cant be in charge anymore

6 people like this

15 hours ago, Youbutsu said:

I know Tot asked us to stop demotivating Ankama. I know he also 'offered' more communication but what I see makes no sense at all. Where in these posts does it show that they're listening to us? To me it's more like this:

We tell you what we're doing and we call this communication. 

We say we're going to listen to you but 1. We're already working on our ideas and 2. If you don't agree, you're demotivating us.

We're known for lack of communication when it comes to anglophone (?) community but since we notice that people are dropping our product, we change the concept of the product. No, we will not learn to listen. 

Yes. Listen. Your focus is off. You need to adress the problem with the customers. You need us. 

Your staff is at place to satisfy us.

We're not here to satisfy you except for our money in your pockets. Im at over 4000 euro in your pockets by now and you have always treated me like crap.

We're the leftovers of a dying community trying to help you, but you're not exactly known to be the easiest company to approach. And to be honest, you even show it in these posts. 

Come on man, how can you not see what your customers in all communities are saying? JoL says it too.

Calm down with your updates overall. Read and learn what your customers has been saying for (when was 1.29 when people started dropping like flies?) a good while. Read and look at your history with us. The fault is not the original game. The problem is >how< you keep changing everything. Look at the original concept versus now. How much originality is left? And you just keep doing it. Learn.

This is the last response from me. Because I AM demotivating. I'll leave you alone with the customers who'll hopefully appreciate your own, personal ideas.

Thank you for providing me with an okay product these 11 years. Without your customers, Echt, Kaoly, Wish, Tso, Shashel, Blueballs and co, who built this community, I would had quit 10 years ago.

Good luck Ankama 🤘!

Well said Dan. I'll make sure others to read it aswell if they haven't yet. In my opinion this is the 2nd worst update of them after 1.29.. -> 2.0.. I can't believe that they think it makes sense to force everyone to grind and pvm all the time "just to obtain their spells". I've heard that they abandoned this unnecessary update. If so, it's perfect. Although if they release it i know too many people that'll quit instantly. 

#stopwithyournonsenseankama

3 people like this

I am probably misunderstanding a lot of the things said in the posts,but it seems to me that dofus is becoming increasingly complicated and unfriendly to solo accounters,people whose friends have all quit and people who are currently not associated with a guild/alliance.

Coming on 12 years of playing and dofus is starting to resemble dofus less and less with each passing year.

I also agree with a couple of the previous posters who say that communication with the playerbase is exceedingly lacking.
We pay to play this game,we know what kind of game we wish to play,and even when we give feedback on things that are currently on the test server, none of it is heeded.

Now, I don't mean to sound disrespectful,but it would be helpful if the devs would actually listen to us instead of just doing things willy nilly.
Also.....

Dropped spells?
Are you freakin insane?
Special spells = Ok.

Class Spells = Not in a million years.

2 people like this

I reposted Tot's comments into the official forums where his original "Letter to the Community" was, since none of his longer posts were in there except for the original.  I'm hoping that the International community can get upset about this because they should.  I doubt anyone wants frigging dropped spells ffs.  Here is the link:  http://forum.dofus.com/en/2-general-discussion/326707-reviewing-2016-previewing-2017

1 person likes this

Dofus is already a struggle for me to gear my characters I don't play enough to drop spells for all of them 

2 people like this

Somewhat comforting, and I got namedropped :D

News from the french forum:

"Good morning, with the server merge, we are going to instantiate houses and paddocks (several owners for the same good). Even if it doesn't really corresponds to the initial demand, this will multiply the number of houses/paddocks by 3 or 4 and will allow you to find one in a easier way"

EDIT:

"We will give you official informations soon about the server merging. The amount of servers heavily depends on the community but we are around 4/5 servers"

Edited by Seyif
More informations
1 person likes this

I was browsing the Dofus forums, and saw Nerodos and Simsoft providing a bunch of feedback to a few server-merger related questions. This one in particular, I thought was interesting.

confirmation.png

"The English speaking community will end up with only one server and not two because we want to be sure you will have a game experience (enough people on the server)." Looks like we're all going to be one big happy family soon!

3 people like this

34 minutes ago, Jesternaut said:

I was browsing the Dofus forums, and saw Nerodos and Simsoft providing a bunch of feedback to a few server-merger related questions. This one in particular, I thought was interesting.

"The English speaking community will end up with only one server and not two because we want to be sure you will have a game experience (enough people on the server)." Looks like we're all going to be one big happy family soon!

The peace and quiet was nice while it lasted.

5 people like this

Most important question: What's the server name gonna be?

4 minutes ago, TheFook said:

Cancer

:^)

12 people like this

3 minutes ago, Super-Beast said:

Cancer

:^)

Wow, us Rushians do not tolerate things like that!

3 people like this

Inb4 kiba tries banning everyone in new server.

2 people like this

4 hours ago, TheFook said:

Pangea

1 person likes this

There will be a vote and it will be something from the Dofus lore, though yeah, Pangea seems a possibility for the English one if Izmar persuades them.

1 person likes this

so now we can see top pvper on rosal vs top pvper on rushu. hope they dont get along making new alliance together xD

33 minutes ago, scrollbusiness said:

so now we can see top pvper on rosal vs top pvper on rushu. hope they dont get along making new alliance together xD

rosal pvp?????

5 people like this

13 hours ago, wot said:

Inb4 kiba tries banning everyone in new server.

Im not changing my name again

Imagine all those new dramas at vill zaap :^]

3 people like this

Looking forward to it!  We keep running out of sparkling pebbles, that shouldn't happen!