• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
105 posts in this topic

I still think that making a new game just to test out a new engine is a waste, but we can't change their minds it seems.  Porting Dofus should start now or sooner than 4 years from now for sure.  They could just have an alpha server where subscribers can test out Dofus a module at a time - start with Incarnum, then add Astrub, then Amakna, etc.  Or, just make some other game that doesn't leech subscribers from Dofus and Wakfu to test out Unity.

3 people like this

Judging by the amount of times the devs have tried to clarify their position to the community, the French don't like the idea behind the game either.

Hopefully Ankama reconsiders their position on Dofus, because to me it sounds like the company wants to abandon the game in favor of a new game.

1 person likes this

Sounds about right would suck to cause dofus was one of the few games I actually enjoyed and loved to play to see it change or it to just go away after playing it as a child kinda sucks 

1 person likes this

Hello everyone,

First of all, before launching into the sequel, I would like to make a small point on the comments of this post.
There are a lot of topics. Many posts are really interesting and join our reflections. Unfortunately, these posts are lost in the midst of others, much less built and above all "demotivating". I ask you the simple question: What is the point of posting 100 times messages like "You are going to stop Dofus 2 in favor of Dofus 3, you have not understood anything blabla" while I have repeated countless times that it was not going to be the case.
What good is it to stir up subjects that absolutely do not advance the debate on a post or the idea is precisely to find solutions all together for the continuation of the game?
It is frankly used and it is often in relation to this kind of messages that it is difficult to come and exchange DEPTH with you. We start well and then we find ourselves in a lot of subjects that have nothing more to do and that destroys the good will of each other.
All this, dear friends, to tell you that if you ask for communication efforts on our part, you must also make your own.
Far be it from me to be condescending or otherwise but it's really tiring on the medium-long term.
In short, I felt the need to make this point with you before going further, I hope you will not take it badly.

We pushed the thinking internally and I take this opportunity to make a point with you.
That is what we would like to propose to you.
At first, to try to stay focused, I will not talk to you anymore about Dofus 3.

Proposal :
As we announced, in April, we will launch the merge of the servers. We would like to take advantage of this to retrieve 1 or 2 servers in order to do the game play test. At first, the idea would be to focus on a new system of spells (thus balancing character classes). The objectives would be multiple:
- Modernize the obtaining of the spells and the evolution of the character.
- Take advantage of this redesign to implement the 200+ level
- Offer more builds for each class
- Have a PvP easier to balance and set up
- And perhaps the most pleasant subject from my point of view: to start from the principle that one does not erase the spells of a class when one makes a recasting.

The idea is to launch a special server oriented to the redesign of the spells.
1. This server would be accessible to all our players.
2. Each class would have far more spells than at present.
3. The spells are no longer gained when passing levels but in the form of drops. Each character starts with 4-5 basic spells and has to drop others. The spells would have different rarities.
4. The mechanics of each class are reviewed to be adapted on a "global" system, starting from an "elementary gauge".
It's ultimately the biggest subject, so I'll try to explain it to you correctly. One of my worries about the game is that everything is too complicated. The primary objective of this test was to simplify the reading of fighting in priority, while bringing a more modern "combo" system. We have therefore thought of this system of "elementary gauges".
In detail, each of the four elements will have its elementary gauge.
- The 4 gauges all work in the same way.
- They have 10 positive "tokens" that we will call "Bô" (for bonus / good)
- They have 10 negative "tokens" that we will call "Mô" (for malus / evils)
- The spells are almost all related to the gauges. The more a player has "Bô" in one of his gauges, the more effective he will be in his attacks. If a player has a lot of "Mô" in one of his gauges, his opponents will apply him more and more constraining effects.
- Support classes can increase the "Bô" of their allies or reduce their "Mô".
- "Bô" and "Mô" can be released to trigger super effects through special spells.
Some examples of Iop spells:
- Short Charge: Inflicts X Damage. Increases your Earth gauge by 1 Bô
- Uppercut: Inflicts X damage. Increases the target's Earth gauge by 1 Mô.
- Shield Rain: Free all your Earth gauge Bô to rain as much shield on a target. Each shield deals X damage.
- Defensive Posture: Free 10 Earth gauge Bô to reduce all attacks received until the next turn by 70%.
- Rage: Inflicts X damage according to the Mô of the target's Earth gauge.
Xelors would have more "accurate"/"readable" spells about AP loss/gain. The number of APs it causes the enemy to lose can depend on the number of "Mô" in the Water gauge of the enemy.

These are only examples to explain a little mechanics. I suspect it's very difficult to visualize and I think the best way to present it to you will be to make a short video.
5. On this test server, we will make sure to prohibit exchanges. Players will "exchange" only through Markets or at the end of the fight, between members of the same group and for a given time. It does not amuse us but I would like to try this to see if it is useful against the bots.
6. I would also like to take advantage of the server to offer a "starting zone" to each player. Everyone would start on an island, with a house, a Market and a zaap. The idea is to make it much easier to travel around the world.

Finally, through this test server, I would like us to launch some new concepts that might be a little too "revolutionary" so that we can integrate them directly into Dofus.

Here, finally, do not pack too much on this post. We have planned to present it to you in a much more concrete way.
I just felt obliged to start the discussion here because I promised you regular responses.

Good Sunday,
Tot

Posted (edited)

Did I read that right? We need to earn our spells via drop and crappy RNG? This does not seem like a very good idea. 

Edited by -Amos-
6 people like this

>drop spells

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

5 people like this

ayyy viva 508

Dropping spells = bankrupcy, nice idea Ankama

Posted (edited)

How did we end up from 'secondary spells based on the standard spells which you cen choose between' to 'you have 5 base spells and the rest you drop' in like a months time?

'6. I would also like to take advantage of the server to offer a "starting zone" to each player. Everyone would start on an island, with a house, a Market and a zaap. The idea is to make it much easier to travel around the world.'

Lakeside palace people gonn' be pissed. 

Edited by Camogie
2 people like this

This seems very confusing, but i guess it will make sense when we play it. It also sounds like how Dofus 3 is going to be, so why change normal Dofus to be the same as Dofus 3 (since they are going to be different games, surely you want some differences? Thats how i read it anyway.

1 person likes this

I'll still give it a try as long as they add more content and good graphics :D if dofus 2 and dofus 3 are seperate might as well try it

In the previous message from Tot, the most recent view of it is that Dofus 3 will act as a testing ground before porting Dofus and Wakfu over to it.

At first, to try to stay focused, I will not talk to you anymore about Dofus 3.

Then what did he talk about then? Pokémon? You choose your starter spells and then go on a quest to catch them all and form your ideal party. The only recognizable words he said are "Xelors", "AP" and "Dofus", he couldn't even use an existing spell to use as an example in the 10-stage system.

2 people like this

how about they just leave our spells alone i still dont understand whats wrong with the current system?

8 people like this

35 minutes ago, Astrology said:

how about they just leave our spells alone i still dont understand whats wrong with the current system?

Guess they're looking for more things to sell for Ogrines? Wrath in sub packs maybe..

your signature is probably the best thing i've ever seen. 

and yeah i'd honestly rather have them put their time and effort into trying to fix stuff that is broken instead of wasting time with a new spell system when there is nothing wrong with the current system ( if anything the new system will be worse than what we have ;-; )

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, Gravestorm said:

3. The spells are no longer gained when passing levels but in the form of drops. Each character starts with 4-5 basic spells and has to drop others. The spells would have different rarities.

No wtf?

Why doesn't this company understand why we play this game. Tweak the game, don't change the basic system we know and love. Don't make up new weird mechanics until the game is no longer the same game we played before. We're still here after so many years because we still want to play Dofus. We don't want to be forced to play some experiment.

Edited by Masive
Wording
6 people like this

Posted (edited)

Spell dropping? More spells and complicated ones for that matter? New token mechanic which I could barely understand from that poor explanation? All sound like a recipe for quitting for real this time.

This isn't the Dofus I've been playing for around 10 years and always coming back to after a while. The more I grow up, the less time I have to try and understand shitty new mechanics which are implemented for god knows what reason. I'm all for change, but I'm starting to think that this will all be too much.

Edited by The_Golden_One
1 person likes this

Spells drops? Oh please no... please...

3 people like this

Are they writing the new "for dummies" book? "How to kill your game's playerbase in one year!"

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

If a major goal is to make the fight system more simple, then why

1) should each class have much more spells than they have now (I'm completely fine with the idea of spell variants and more obtainable spells though)

2) include an additional system that is linked with each and every spell and thus makes them more complicated

This sounds like the complete opposite and makes no sense to me by now. Or I just missunderstand it and it's a conception of a completely new Dofus? oO

I'll give my personal point of view concerning class / spell balancing since it's the main topic in Tot's post:

PvP: Not much to do really except some small adaptions. Any class can perform well there, and completely balacing it is impossible to begin with. If there are different maps, different sets and different classes there's always the rock/paper/scissors problem. A balanced PvP would mean all classes are much more similar (which would be even worse obviously). Rants will always exist since players tend to get emotional when losing...

PvM: Definitely has a huge gap between certain classes. Classes like Elio/Rogue/Osa/Iop are on top, why? Because the potential is very high. It however stays balanced in PvP since players are no retards and can thus "appease" this potential easily. This principe also seems like the easiest solution in general: just give more room upwards for all classes, both in terms of power and versatility. Making all classes more complicated with such a change won't matter as long as you can still play them on a casual level. The spell variants might already be a solution in exactly this direction.

Edited by masik233

19 minutes ago, masik233 said:

This sounds like the complete opposite and makes no sense to me by now. Or I just missunderstand it and it's a conception of a completely new Dofus? oO

It will be a separate server/game, but the intention of doing this is testing stuff for Dofus, Wakfu or dofus 3. The problem with this approach:

1. Using resources to test random stuff Tot wants instead of focusing on the actual game. Their goal also isn't to make dofus better, but to find a way to merge it into some cross platform game together with wakfu and dofus 3.

2. Can't really test what's intended. Lets say they open this server and it becomes really popular even after the initial fad. That still doesn't mean dofus players will welcome the changes, it just means they created a cool concept that is in essence a different game.

3. Tot is treating the playerbase as test subjects for his personal whims.

1 person likes this

What is the point of revamping Osa and Sac and creating a new class though if they are going to undo all of that half a year later?

1 person likes this

I know Tot asked us to stop demotivating Ankama. I know he also 'offered' more communication but what I see makes no sense at all. Where in these posts does it show that they're listening to us? To me it's more like this:

We tell you what we're doing and we call this communication. 

We say we're going to listen to you but 1. We're already working on our ideas and 2. If you don't agree, you're demotivating us.

We're known for lack of communication when it comes to anglophone (?) community but since we notice that people are dropping our product, we change the concept of the product. No, we will not learn to listen. 

Yes. Listen. Your focus is off. You need to adress the problem with the customers. You need us. 

Your staff is at place to satisfy us.

We're not here to satisfy you except for our money in your pockets. Im at over 4000 euro in your pockets by now and you have always treated me like crap.

We're the leftovers of a dying community trying to help you, but you're not exactly known to be the easiest company to approach. And to be honest, you even show it in these posts. 

Come on man, how can you not see what your customers in all communities are saying? JoL says it too.

Calm down with your updates overall. Read and learn what your customers has been saying for (when was 1.29 when people started dropping like flies?) a good while. Read and look at your history with us. The fault is not the original game. The problem is >how< you keep changing everything. Look at the original concept versus now. How much originality is left? And you just keep doing it. Learn.

This is the last response from me. Because I AM demotivating. I'll leave you alone with the customers who'll hopefully appreciate your own, personal ideas.

Thank you for providing me with an okay product these 11 years. Without your customers, Echt, Kaoly, Wish, Tso, Shashel, Blueballs and co, who built this community, I would had quit 10 years ago.

Good luck Ankama 🤘!

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

"We think the spell system is too complicated."  "Let's make it way more complicated!"

I really don't understand their logic sometimes.  Spell variants is one thing, but having to drop spells?  Effects dependent on some elemental meter?   Wtf

Edit:  just have levels over 200 add more spell points and/or give more points pre 100

Edited by Chris Eggroll