• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
moldybagel

HELP: Horrible Lag/Ping

Hey guys I desperately need your help!

I have had unbelievable ping/response time for the past week. I go from about 140 ping to 8,000 randomly. I click....and it takes up to 8 seconds to respond to a command.

***I have high speed internet: speed test was 9ms ping, 49MB/S download/7.16 MB/S upload. I have had NO internet slow downs or issues in 2 years. 

***I have a newer computer: 12 gigs ram/ windows 10 fully updated, AMD A10 Processor

***I have rebooted/unplugged my router, uninstalled dofus/reinstalled, restarted the pc, cleaned my computer, etc.

PLEASE give my any suggestions. The game is literally unplayable when I have a 8 second delay after clicking the mouse.

You might want to check the network traffic on the router/modem/whatever when the slowdowns happen. I have no clue how to do that or how to sift through the information it gives.

What are you doing in addition to playing Dofus? Do you experience issues with loading web pages or buffering videos, even periodically?

Just now, Kiba said:

What are you doing in addition to playing Dofus? Do you experience issues with loading web pages or buffering videos, even periodically?

I have no issues with webpages, downloads, streaming, etc outside of dofus.

When playing dofus, I usually have forums up on my webbrowser and just playing the game. Sometimes on occassion, my girlfriend will be on netflix on my ps4. 

This is literally the only application that shows any trouble.

Just now, moldybagel said:

Sometimes on occassion, my girlfriend will be on netflix on my ps4. 

Any correspondence to Netflix buffering on the PS4 to when you encounter lag spikes? Try it out because I think this is it.

1 minute ago, Kiba said:

Any correspondence to Netflix buffering on the PS4 to when you encounter lag spikes? Try it out because I think this is it.

I wish...

I am the only one home on a secured network. My pc is the only device connected and dofus is the only running application. 

Lag so bad that I cannot finish my turns

Thank you for suggesting. I really hope i can figure this out

Moldy are you having problems with anything else while playing Dofus? Like maybe you're the victim of a DOS attack while playing? Try running Dofus then see if you have problems with other sites/watching videos. You might also run a tracert to see if there is a problem along the route to the servers.