• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Masive

B> Dofus Wiki guides

26 posts in this topic

I didn't notice it until I made a new character with the Steam release and played with some legitimately new players, but the guides on Dofus wiki are almost all very outdated. With all the class reworks and characteristic revamps, being able to delevel spells, and a large number of new or revamped equips have made all the guides either missleading or useless.

I know the wiki guides probably don't matter to any the elite 200s on Imps, but it needs whatever attention it can get. If you have any spare time at all, please consider helping the wiki with its class guides. Add a few lines to the page on what spells to level. Delete outdated spells from it. Recently revamped classes need the most attention.

I'll do my part. I'll be on the wiki later, editing a bunch of guides (mostly Feca),  but I don't know enough about a lot of the classes to even consider writing a guide for Sadi or something. That's why I'm here, ranting for help.

A guide on how to format a wiki guide, as well as a list of every guide, can be found here. Don't think someone else will do it. If everyone thinks that someone else will do it, it will never get done.

TLDeR: Instead of watching YouTube while zaapsitting, please consider helping out with the wiki guides.

Edited by Masive
Lol I HAVE THE tlder edit
6 people like this

me be like

SVtwbR5.png

16 people like this

Can I do it on my phone? I guess I have few minutes at work each day. Though I would prolly work on 200 area mobs/dungs, not sure if I could do a class guide :>

11 hours ago, Quadro said:

me be like

SVtwbR5.png

WAWAWAWAWAWAWAW mens i knew sac got buff but hell your sac is on fkin roids men look at dat physique! god bless ankama and their revamps :D

1 person likes this

No one has even attempted to update a guide.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVgIm3x4gPbjN0LbghLXq

3 people like this

This is specially true for mid tier content, its almost non-existant on the wiki.

Guess I'll help... I'm assuming just about every single guide needs to be done, right? Is there any that people want specifically so I don't mess them up?

I tried adding a image info box on wiki, by copying the css from a much older quest. Although it seemed to of been incompatible with the newer format. Either that or I had forgotten how I did it two years ago.

I ended up leaving it, until a passer by who knew exactly how it worked came along and fixed it. I added the location and quest text on one of the new sufokia quests; The Less We Have, the More We Spread.

There have been many zone updates, new content and profession changes over the last year it must be hard to keep up. XD

I updated the Lord Crow Library page to the new dung a couple of months ago

Edited by Sommanker

Still no updates, but at least some people have shown interest. So let's try something new. I'll post a link to a guide that needs updating every other day and you guys go to town on it. Check how outdated the guide is (cry a little with nostalgic tears) and then update it to the best of your ability. Even small updates help.

Today's class guide is: Intelligence Osamodas (wiki link). The most common type of Osamodas currently has no guide at all. Instead, it wants Osas to aim for the "heavenly Stringsecticide Set." Try and update it, even if you have no idea how to. Anything is better than telling new Osas to level Summoning of Prespic.

Edited by Masive

Holiday break is over, time to get back to work! 

We finally got an edit on the Intelligence Osamodas (wiki link) guide! Thanks Hyrule-Defense! However, it's sadly still unfinished. If anyone feels like taking a stab at it, I won't be stopping you. Regardless, it's time to take a look at another outdated guide.

I've never touched a Sac in my life (heh), but surely others have! So it's time to draw attention to another guide from our recently revamped Sacrier. I have no idea which element is most common, so I'll pick one at random.

Probably Intelligence or Agility...

Hmm...

Hell, let's put both! I haven't posted in a while so I have to try and make up for lost time.

Today's class guides are:

Intelligence Sacrier (wiki link). It looks horribly empty right now and even the little tidbit of information that is in the clickable link is beyond outdated. You may want to add the Template (wiki link) and take a look at the Build Guide (wiki link) before you take on this difficult edit.

Alternatively, the Agility Sacrier (wiki link), is a much more complete guide. Probably because it was a popular build. Aside from the tables (even I suck at editing those), this guide is much easier to update. Just take a look at the spells and equips and change them as you see fit. Leave the tables to someone who knows what they're doing with them, because every time I touch them they turn into gibberish. If you know what you're doing with those tables then please teach me.

Also, the entire class page is horribly outdated because of the revamp. Take a look (wiki link) and maybe throw in an edit if you feel like it.

Thanks for bothering to read this post! I'll keep posting outdated guides here until someone tells me to stop spamming the forums.

Edited by Masive
Changed template link to new template from Gravestorm.

Should we even bother with the Spells sections of these guides considering that when spell variants are out, spell levelling will no longer exist?

sac's gonna be tough, i see even main page is outdated, it gonna be changed from its core which is a huge work, and not that there's a best build now, bruh

but tbh i feel the problem lies deeper than it seems, the current wiki build guides are awkward af

the thing is: long time ago before spell adjustment and softcaps shit, when the sets were worse and less diverse, when it was harder to scroll a char, it was clear like for example str iop was easier than int iop, it was clear which was a good build and which was more lame or harder

now all elements are the same, if u want to go cha, it should be obvious for u to lvl up cha spells? i mean, what's the point of suggesting which spells to lvl if in the end it's clear an agi sram would like to lvl con/poison? or an mp red cra would like to have lashing/para arrow?? also in the end one would still like to lvl up all spells, it's 2k16 now not 2k8 when a spell scroll was impossibru to count on

i don't mean we should stop making guides but instead revamp the guide system: no longer create a separate guide for 1 element, especially when nowadays so many different element combinations possible (imagine creating all possible guides with all hybrid or tri-element or omni or hybrid with mp or ap red or support roles as tank or map manip and all those combonations);

what i'd feel better for 2k16 is to create an overall guide for all elements, and since all builds are now equal, we just mention overall pros and cons for each main build and let the n00bs think for themselves and combine builds depending on their own creativity;

in the end all guides are gonn be pretty much the same for any class: "fire build tuto = put points into int then vit, lvl up fire spells, get leek pie/lightning strike, use ur main class spells, get int pet, kwak set then feudala then some other int shit like hard ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) oak" YYLtl9l.png

same for int sacs, lvl up all fire spells, then utility spells, put stats into int, gg??

would rather see x1 template for all classes

also, about sets, as i said nowadays the equips are more diverse even at low lvls than abck in 2k8, so waht do we suggest now? well, assuming we write guides for complete n00bs lurking steams or shit, we can advise the cheapest setup like blue kwak/scara sets, some gelano if they can even afford this, then later they be like "hi i'm 80 lvl and have 500 vit 7 ap 4 mp how dafuq those lvl 60 run around w/ 2k vit and 12/6 and hit like chuck moggis"

did i also mention the brumen set for lvl 40 from traesure hunt, top int/cha stats 9/11 would recommend but gl a random n0b getting it hhmdrggwp

and again, whatever class u are, suppose u have chosen a str build = all the sets advices would be pretty much the same; then why create separate guides for each class and each build if u create x1 for every1, imo that's the current problem with that part of wiki today

-----------

tldr yes i'm not lazy to write a huge wall of text but 2 lazy to edit wiki merci pour comprehend :')

2 people like this

Yes because spell variants are supposed to be for endgame. Guides don't typically go to 200. The spells from 1-200 will be the same as before.

My reading comprehension level is level 67. Please leech.

Edited by Masive

4 minutes ago, Masive said:

Yes because spell variants are supposed to be for endgame. Guides don't typically go to 200. The spells from 1-200 will be the same as before

No, that isn't what I meant

I think that Ankama mentioned in an article about the next update and spell revamp that spell levelling will no longer be possible at all, and that as you level up your spells will automatically level up with you.

1 minute ago, Sommanker said:

I think that Ankama mentioned in an article about the next update and spell revamp that spell levelling will no longer be possible at all, and that as you level up your spells will automatically level up with you.

They did, and it was my main gripe with the idea. It also irritated a lot of other people, so maybe Ankama changes their mind.

Who am I kidding...

1 person likes this

23 minutes ago, Quadro said:

Long post

Let's see if we can get a response from the wiki guy himself. I shall attempt to summon him.

@Gravestorm We need you, mighty wiki moderator.

Edited by Masive

A nice page to update would be the Leveling guide. And here's the base Build template that should be used, feel free to copy paste equipment for similar Element Builds if you want, it's still nice to have several pages as people tend to search for them. The most up to date guide (in terms of the page template) is the Chance Sacrier one, it's only 3 years old!

1 person likes this

The profession guides are also all out of date.

Although I'm no where near experienced to touch these wikis I thought I'd mention it, in the hopes that some white knight profession God will spare his precious time to help

Crafting the highest level Item possible is usually the best way to level, or doing some math depending on several factors.

29 minutes ago, Gravestorm said:

Crafting the highest level Item possible is usually the best way to level, or doing some math depending on several factors.

I mean more for good gathering spots and efficient ways of leveling (ie right now LJ at 180 is not cost efficient at all to craft for levels)

Fishing, Mining etc 

Edited by JasperSnail

51 minutes ago, JasperSnail said:

I mean more for good gathering spots and efficient ways of leveling (ie right now LJ at 180 is not cost efficient at all to craft for levels)

Fishing, Mining etc 

While slightly off topic, it's worth noting @Mavvo has a really nice interactive map which shows all the resource locations and their quantities. You could look through that and find the best circular map routes for levelling gathering professions.

His thread is here.

2 people like this

Then I guess just gather the highest level Resource while looking at either Mavvo's or Wikia's maps. Routes could be added to guides, but I don't think it'll help much.

1 person likes this

Yeah basically for gathering professions, you collect whatever you need to collect for the highest XP-yielding craft that only requires harvestable resources. Like, whatever flour or whatever alloy. Use the map to find the best spots for resources. There is nothing to guide there.

The crafting professions could use some guidance for maximum efficiency, though.

With the merge of the farmer and baker professions the entire category of flour has been removed from the game. Farmers now use alchemist harvestable resources and those dropped by monsters in containers to make higher lvl bread. So even if you lvl an alchemist along with the farmer you need to do PvM to drop the containers.