• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scour

Tal Kasha

39 posts in this topic

I haven't seen a single goddamn post about this new boss on these forums. Does anyone know ANYTHING about her??? Please do post!!! xD

nvm

Edited by Otto-Lpzig

You need to wait for frenchies to discover le tuto autowin osa solotage

generally it is similar to vortex in some way, mobs keep respawning after death, boss is invuln and need to be placed on different glyphes and he hits each turn like fucking truck

inb4 2 rogue strat

Edited by Jappar

There's a guy on Rushu called ''She-Devil''. Not sure if he's trolling or not, but on /b chat he said he's selling these hairs for 5mk each. Bit of overpriced, I'd say, but I guess he did it. Don't think you need to wait for Frenchies after all.

Rushu's market:

d0e2eeaaa7c547e7a926cad0702be991.png

I guess he either did it, or he killed a Perc in boss room and got this hair from it. Means someone did it anyway. I'm pretty sure you'll find a strategy eventually.

Edited by EUPHORIA

Now is actually the only suspenseful/interesting phase.

In no longer than some weeks, 90% of runs will be done with similar classes/strategy and "without class X and Y, it's impossible" (thanks YT).

but then we have you to prove us wrong :D

Oh, She-Devil finally cleared it, congrats to him. His group was the standard Iop/Enu/Eni/Panda. Another thing of note is that Tal Kasha will swap with you once per round if you try to take her MP.

Even though I don't pvm, I've managed to ''acquire'' some information which i saw in a dream last night, Which Izmar has blessed upon me, I'm pretty much the modern day Jesus.

First of all
 When hitting any monster. Say it's monster X, the closest monster to X will become invulnerable for a turn, The invuln state can't be unbewitched and doesn't disappear if the monster X is killed, A whole turn, so if your Iop hits x, monster Y will become vulnerable only on Iop's turn, Except for Tal Kasha, the boss, that isn't effected by this in any way.

The monsters don't get completely invulnerable, however They can be hit in close combat, Which isn't highly advised since the mobs hit a ton in close combat

Say if you hit monster X and monster Y gains the invulnerability state, Monster Y will receive a -2mp penalty, Just once a turn. Hitting twice won't make it a -4

Bandjid

If you push Bandjid, you get a very very powerful Neutral Damage mp poison

Bandjid hits in close combat, is nearly harmless from range

Jackalnubis

Has base 0 MP but gains 10 MP if you hit him with anything

* has infinite range, hits in Air
* Also rapes up to 4 ap and 3 mp
* Hits three times a turn

* Hits more in close combat than he does from range. Range doesn't hit anything all too powerful, preferably blitzed

Mumystic

Hits mid-range, linear
Hits quite a lot, can apply - resistance

Sneerena

Mainly hits in close combat but has a large range jumping spell

Looks something like up to 10 range or something along those lines

Enutrof works very nicely for keeping Sneerena and Mumystic away since they are strongest in close combat and very easy to keep back

If you want to keep 2 monsters back, it's best to place them together to abuse the -2mp effect

Accessibility 

You need four characters, each character must have 1k+ in one of the four builds

have each character stand on their corresponding tiles + pull both levels, When enetering the pyramid, Earth and Water go to the left side, Fire and Air to the right, After pulling both levers, doors will open to advance to the next rooms.

To open the 2nd door, you must kill a mob with [Thrashtaba] in it, It can be found on the 'same floor' as the 2nd door you must open.

As for the boss room
 All monsters have their base hp boosted by 3300 for an infinite amount of time, which then puts all monsters (except boss) to 9900 hp.

When killing any of the monsters, a glyph will be placed under them, after passing, the monster will be revived on the same cell he was killed on with full hp (erosion lowers the hp after revive). If you stand on the cell, the monster will be revive to the closest cell possible, clockwise rotation.

Causing MP reduction to Tal Kasha will make you swap her once a whole turn, That counts any spells like Duel or Pull Out. To vuln Tal Kasha, you must swap Tal Kasha onto the glyphs placed by its dead allies; You need to do that three times, onto three different glyphs set by 3 different dead monsters, Tal Kasha has to start its turn on the glyph, when a monster is revived, it will skip a turn. 

please note Tal Kasha attracts in linear, does about 600-700 damage, but will hit a ton more in close combat Has mid-range, about 6-7 cells, can't remember the exact value from my dream. Tal Kasha can not only attract to itself, but also ''work with its allies'', If you're linear to a Bandkid, for example, Tal Kasha can and most likely will make Bandjid attract you to itself and do high close combat damage, despite the fact Bandjid's turn may as well been cancelled since it's not Bandjid's doing, but is Tal Kasha's. By linear, we're only talking about the short to mid-range linearity, Not infinite range

Stratergy  

1. Slowly, but surely. Applying erosion to each monster and getting each monster to 1 hp;  It may sound like a hassle but it actually takes a few turns if you have a good erosion character like Eca or preferbably Iop (Sworf of Fate helps a lot, obviously) That way you can effectively, without problem apply vuln to Tal Kasha.

2. Playing A Rogue Team; Definitely something I'd recommend. Since the monsters get revived right after you finish your turn, bomb lines are ridiculously effective, not to mention rogues huge AoE erosion capabilities. If you manage to place all 4 monsters in the bomb line and erosion them, they would just keep dying every turn without you having to worry about them, Or however many monsters you're fighting.

Send cute pics of animals & nudes for such hard work and dedication.

If any of the information above is wrong, please notify me and i'll update it, senks.

Edited by Tezar
10 people like this

You don't need 1000 of a stat for standing on the tiles, anything works.

I wasn't in the dungeon yet, but I'll supplement details from some test fights which might help

Bandjid

The poison applies 40% erosion on top.

He can attract himself (6 range) while hitting fire and hits also earth in an AoE around him.

Mumystic

Two damage spells, both hit neutral, the 1st CC range 4 linear AoE (a bit like Pandatak), 2nd 3-10 range modifiable up to twice per turn

Her passive effect (infinite) affects both her spells and damage taken: when hit in any element, any further hits of the same element for a whole round are halved (only once to 50%, not down to 25%, 12.5% etc). It's the same for every element and the the only way to deactivate the bisection of damage is to hit her in all 4 elements. So let's say you hit her with Atcham Sabres, then Lethal Attack: any further hits on her will not be halved for one round. 

Affection of spells: both her neutral spells will have additional damage components based on which elements you hit her with. Let's say you hit her with fire and earth, then her spells will deal neutral, fire and earth damage. If you indeed hit her with all 4 elements, her damage will be quite ridiculous due to 5 components (2-3k?) so it's advisable to blitz her if you do so. One of her 2 spells (forgot which) even lowers 20% resistance of the target in each element she hits with.

Jackalnubis

Air spell hits about 300-500, no LoS, his CC water spell ~1000-1500, applies Pacifist state on top

It's to be noted that he can only use one of the 2 spells per turn, either the air spell or water spell, depending on whether you "activated" him or not, meaning whether you hit him at least one time. That being said, you can basically pick your poison, but personally I find it much easier to leave him with 10 MP each turn. Even though he has 10 MP he can only hit CC so if you keep him far enough he does nothing (like Bworker). 

Another thing: if he has his initial state and thus hits air, his AI prefers summons over characters. Spamming high vit/res summons might be an option as well there.

Otherwise, thank you a lot for the info on the dungeon! 

Just one issue, you said "swap Tal Kasha" onto the glyphs": does that mean the dungeon is impossible to pass without an MP reduction character? Or did you simply mean place him onto a glyph with throwing, puhsing or whatever?

3 people like this

23 minutes ago, masik233 said:

Just one issue, you said "swap Tal Kasha" onto the glyphs": does that mean the dungeon is impossible to pass without an MP reduction character? Or did you simply mean place him onto a glyph with throwing, puhsing or whatever?

I've personally never run the dungeon, but i'd assume it means you need to mp rape one way or another to swap tal kasha in place, I'm not entirely sure if hitting X monster to trigger mp rape on Y monster (y monster being tal kasha in this instance) for -2mp (granted it's the closest monster to X) if it'd then trigger a swap between monster Y & the player who activated the -2mp. *shrugs*

Edit: News just in - pushing her onto the glyph works just as fine

Edited by Tezar

Invulnerability can be unbewitched by applying pushback damage to the invulnerable mob

Edited by Mystic-Water
2 people like this

You need to let the boss start on the glyph, can just push him on there

Some notes from watching She-Devil win yesterday after 50+ tries:

Iop died before he even damaged boss (18k hp?) but he still won despite the calls in spec mode that he was wasting his time.

Iop- catseye bow

Eni- eternal wand

Panda was full cha

Enu had ~160 mp red

He put the boss on the right side of the map, along a wall ,which requires some map manipulation with acceleration/pandinuras on enu. Boss has 6 mp so it would just run down to panda (1 cell away) who would then throw + terror while iop/eni damaged an eroded monster. Repeat til all three are down to 1hp. He worked on one at a time, keeping the other two away, in this kill order:

Jackanubis > Bandjid > Mumystic

Iop died but he easily managed to win with 3 chars in around 30-40 turns. He thus couldn't erode  the mage but that's fine as reducing key/clumsi deletes it. 

Once boss is vuln, it lasts the rest of the fight.

Im gonna try with an added cra to this comp. Distant shooting for across the map eni/enu nukes and puni/atone chunks.

PS- Video will be up on YouTube soon

Edited by Juse
3 people like this

Did the dungeon with 5 chars yesterday (Panda, Sram, Enu, Osa, Cra (not my Cra)). Took 5-6 tries due to some severe fails in the beginning, but the compo was far from optimal (2 lock chars, Cra full dmg rather than MP red).

The final try still took 80 minutes (about 20-25 turns), we killed 3 of the monsters once each and then moved the boss onto the glyphs while keeping the monsters out of range (more or less untouchable as the goal). The strategy was to take control over the fight. In the end we messed up again due to being tired. Cra and Sram were dead but luckily, Osa killed boss in two turns single-handedly. 

I'm very satisfied with the dungeon by now, but it would need two adjustments (but that's not more than my opinion):

Nerf: Reducing or removing the final damage buff for mobs (in the last room, all mobs gain 50% final damage). This way it might also enable to do something in close combat, because despite the fact that we had 2 partially tank chars locking was completely unplayable especially with the boss using a monster to attack. 

Buff: Adding invulnerable state for 1 turn on revived monsters on top of skipping their turn (a bit like Corruption). It seems that the unique difficulty is supposed to be that you cannot simplify the fight (meaning by clearing up more and more monsters). However, a Rogue gets quite overpowered since he can indeed kill the monsters forever without that they ever play again. @Juse I see that the technique is apparently possible with other classes^^ But I just have the impression that the dungeon isn't supposed to be done this way.

Btw, when I used Spiritual Leash on a character a glyph (such as for the monsters) was generated underneath him and he had to skip his first turn just like the zombies, apparently an accidental bug.

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, masik233 said:

Btw, when I used Spiritual Leash on a character a glyph (such as for the monsters) was generated underneath him and he had to skip his first turn just like the zombies, apparently an accidental bug.

does the revived char also get invuln state? and can that glyph be used to vuln boss as well?

Invuln state was only my suggestion, they are not invulnerable when they get revived xD

But I didn't try out that glyph for the boss (didn't want to take risks as the fight was already very long).

//hint that I forgot to mention: Sneerena's jump spell is very specific, it has a diagonal range of 5 (like Krossflire) and needs to target a char/summon in order to jump, so if you avoid to be diagonal with him he can't jump.

She-Devil has posted a video on YT btw:

2 people like this

today: SNYLER has unlocked the achievement Tal Kasha (Score 230).
today: SNYLER has unlocked the achievement Tal Kasha (Score 300).
yesterday: SNYLER has unlocked the achievement Tal Kasha (Focus).

not bad

11 people like this

So just tried this dungeon for several hours. Gonna try again soon.

We tried first with 5 chars (Enu, Eni, Panda, Cra, Eca), sadly the extra mob his very hard to control. He jumps around a lot and putting him into gravity state doesn't prevent that. 

We tried after with 4 chars (Enu, Eni, Panda, Eca) and it seemed way more doable to control the various mobs. At some point we got the same setup as She-Devil with the panda taking care of the boss down the map. Sadly we made one mistake and Bandjid was able to kill us. 

The +50% final damage is atrocious, one small mistake and you're dead.

Edit : 

Found this from the french players, 8-man team and finished in 28 mins.

1481232761-865938dofus20161208174701illi

Edited by Seyif
2 people like this

Some Spanish guy just uploaded a video. That'd be one more way of doing it.

Edited by EUPHORIA
2 people like this

It's spanish xD

Not too bad ! 

Right. Thought so, wasn't sure and yet bit of lazy to translate. Didn't sound so French to me. Changed it.

Well tbh [focus] doesn't look that bad comparing to whole dun mechanics, with this spanish rogu tactic they could make focus (dunno if they did or didn't). All you have to pay attention to is using only clums with enu, no SoJ and not push/dmg spells like alc breath and turbulent word. basically blitzing any mob one by one including boss with only bombs make it completely doable achiv. 

Now let's wait for some french statue. I'm really curious how to do this crap

Focus can be done with the same team comp She-Devil was using. Here's a video for it:

Edited by EUPHORIA