• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Gravestorm

Dofus 3.0

64 posts in this topic

dofus 3.0? just another game i get to be the best at

On 28.11.2016 at 3:22 AM, ReaperSurm said:

Product cannibalization at its finest ;) 

^this.

Aiming the same customers with two competitive products of the same company :D :D :D

W H Y ? :O 

They'd probably be okay with dropping Dofus 2, though the playerbase wouldn't really like that, as well as Dofus 3 being different enough to keep it separate.

Some new artwork as seen in the Letter to the Community.

cra-sagitaire-v02-copie.jpg
dofus-doodles-feca-v03.jpg
ecatte-1.jpg
necromachin-1.jpg
osa-dodles-v07.jpg
sacri-1.jpg
xelor.jpg
1 person likes this

That Eca :)

Edited by Fives

looks meh will probably just die

1 person likes this

Firstly, they can't drop Dofus 2. It wouldn't make any sense (though, wouldn't put it past ankama). 

To drop Dofus 2 and open a Dofus 3 is illogical, might as well just call it something different (like Wakfu was from Dofus). The second the decide to drop dofus 2 for dofus 3 with no compensation or transferability (like in dofus 1 --> 2), they'll be a sinking ship.

1. You just dropped dofus 2, pissed off thousands of people.

--> goes a great deal into showing how much you care about your players = great deterrent for major investments. 

2. Those people you pissed off will have better marketing skills that Ankama (proven by point 3) and will shit on any attempts they make.

3. They have tried to introduce mechanics to make leveling up easier (for newbs), improving lower level phases blah blah, and made a real effort in introducing new regular players, that can join the ranks of us pros in a year or so (or quicker if they aren't shit). So to destroy dofus (2), is admitting failure on basically all their attempts to keep the game running (they might as well say "Hi im ankama im bad businessman")

4. Games follow a pattern. New game, hype, mass players, games dies off. Just look at basically every xbox/ps game all hugely popular then you get those kids that sit in their basement for the next 15 years playing CoD just cuz. Look at WoW biggest mmrpg (i think?) or runescape etc huge amount of players, then they die down and eventually settle at a steadyish number. Like fuck, people are still playing pacman. 

--> This is why ankama likes the prospect of dofus 3 (it may look appealing on paper at first glance) but it'll end up just like dofus, but again, you'd die down and have a small amount of regular players. Only difference is, instead of making 2 games and having 2 sets of regulars (with some product cannibalization)  you'd lose one set entirely + all the regulars from dofus 2 (who would have also played dofus 3) give the birdy to ankama.

So. 

Dofus 2 = 100% regulars.

Dofus 3 (but different name) = 100% regulars

Cannibalization (Cross over) = let's say like 20%. 

So overall two products with different names = 180%  of people. 

vs.

Dofus 2 = 100%

Dofus 3 = 100%

Cannibalization (even higher because same name = exact same target) = 50%

So overall dofus 2 + 3 = 150% of regulars.

In the grander scheme of things, 1st option is the only viable one. 

I normally don't even give a shit about changes, cuz w/e. But this bad business is triggering me on a whole new level. 

Edited by ReaperSurm
3 people like this

I like some of the character designs but some don't make sense either I'm just really use to dofus 2 I would like graphics like these but a horse with a cra head is just silly xd and to differtent from me to go from dofus 2 to dofus 3 with a differtent combat system

1 person likes this

You don't go from Dofus 2 to Dofus 3

From what I understand, you're not supposed to "migrate" to the new game

They are completely different, separate games

That's like saying that you don't like Wakfu since its different to Dofus and you don't want to have to move :p

1 person likes this

Thing is though this game looks like wakfu to me I kind of like wakfu but they don't care to fix bugs or the classes or the pvp system and lack of anything to do late game so I stick with dofus 2 or simply just 1.29

i dont like wakfu this looks to me like wakfu 2 more than dofus 3

I think wakfu has beautiful graphics and classes look unique some spells are nice but Idk really how I feel about dofus 3 design on if you use a certain spell changes how your character looks 

Some of that concept Artwork is incredible.

1 person likes this

still news about dofus 3? :( im hyped af