• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Gravestorm

Dofus 3.0

64 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, Gravestorm said:

As long as the game covers the costs of servers, it's good. Don't think the English community has that big of an impact to them, it's just a nice bonus.

They want to tackle the market with something new, Dofus Touch was a nice way to test the mobile market, so now they have a direction. The new audience/generation does not have much time, but has technology, so as Tot said in the conference, people will be able to do the quick Mini-Dungeons to get the key for the normal Dungeon via mobile, then when they're back at home, they can do the normal Dungeon on PC. Adding personal bots shows this as well.

It's like Dofus 1 to Dofus 2, just on a bigger scale, usually the easiest way to revamp the engine is to write it from scratch. And as people don't like change, they can't just remove the old game that easily anymore. The name might change if something good comes up though.

The English speaking community sure has a smaller impact on them than the French speaking one but it's still an impact (+ French speaking subscribers are quitting too).

Plus covering the costs of servers alone should not be enough, even if Dofus 2 isn't their main goal anymore they should at least aim to go for break-even on it. Otherwise their profit margins will drop since afaik Dofus is still their main franchise. 

Also like I said, it's an interesting idea combining Mobile and PC-gaming but I don't know if that's the route they should go. I may not be from 'the new generation' (what letter did they give it again?) but shouldn't Ankama aim to get people hooked/addicted? I mean mobile games quite often have a short life(/hype)span because of their 'mobility'. (e.g. Pokemon Go) 

Imo you'd want people to get so hooked that they don't mind playing for 12+h a day and I don't think the mobile aspect will help for this. Nor will naming it Dofus 3.0 since it'll help to get people interested in it at first (since they play(ed) the game or heard of it) but they'll also directly start comparing it to Dofus 1.0 and Dofus 2.0.

Dofus 3.0 could quite possibly become a success but not the way it's marketed right now. 

Well they're pretty determined, we'll see. You gave a good example of Pokemon GO, though it didn't die, but it got stale after 4 months (I guess some people would say that it's the same thing). Dofus also got stale, after 7 years, at least looking at reasons from people who quit. I'm not sure of any suggestion that would get people, especially new people, addicted to Dofus. But I do  think this is the way to tackle the market, especially a dying MMORPG market.

I actually like the simple design aesthetic. What I'm not so convinced about is everything else.

The fact it's going to be F2P is a massive concern.

1 person likes this

I'd like it if the in-game character design would be closer to the mature drawings. That I'd play no questions asked. I'm not a fan of chibi. (I actually want the whole chibi design to die in a big fire with all their fans - not just for Dofus but for everything)

8 people like this

Lmao just merge with Wakfu already

2 people like this

10 minutes ago, Bloodhound said:

Lmao just merge with Wakfu already

It's going to happen folks, I swear on it.

1 person likes this

Those graphics look like something you can find from a mobilephone game :/

They already making Dofus more and more unlikable to me seriously? first making us have to choose which spells we wanna take into combat now redoing the game visually again? from what i read i am not liking this at all. I dont want dofus to be "Wakfu but 100 years predating" i want dofus to be Dofus keep the 2 fucking games separate! 

Adding the spell variation is a neat idea but this is only cool because of the new visuals. i hope this is actually just a completely seperate game than dofus itself

9 minutes ago, Cartograph said:

They already making Dofus more and more unlikable to me seriously? first making us have to choose which spells we wanna take into combat now redoing the game visually again? from what i read i am not liking this at all. I dont want dofus to be "Wakfu but 100 years predating" i want dofus to be Dofus keep the 2 fucking games separate! 

Adding the spell variation is a neat idea but this is only cool because of the new visuals. i hope this is actually just a completely seperate game than dofus itself

It is a separate game...

1 person likes this

Just now, Kiba said:

It is a separate game...

thank god

1 person likes this

*cough* This game as a whole *cough cough* looks so bad *cough*, it brought on my Asthma

1 person likes this

Why is one company developing 3 turn based MMOs that will all compete with one another, dividing their resources between the 3??? kill 1 or 2 and focus on one game plz, nobody ever has a successful business model doing the same thing 3 ways and marketing them all to the same audience.

15 people like this

Product cannibalization at its finest ;) 

3 people like this

This seems like a horrible ideal to me.  Doing another engine update for Dofus would be great but having a separate game called Dofus 3 is confusing and unnecessary.  

2 people like this

9 hours ago, Bloodhound said:

Those graphics look like something you can find from a mobilephone game :/

It kinda is :s

18 hours ago, Gravestorm said:

Will be playable on several devices, PC, Mac, tablet, mobile, servers will be the same.

this is surreal, a company that actively wants to destroy itself. luv the anti capitalistic spirit ankama but i would like to continue to play your game if possible

No.

This is a great news. We been waiting for something like this for awhile after release of Wakfu. This is still in WIP so nothing will like what they have now. Remember when they had First Wakfu beta out everything looked so dwarfy and cute. Anywho, I'm looking  forward to this. Ya all need to stop whining and appreciate. It's going to be a great game by the looks of it so far. 

5 minutes ago, Ice-Diamond said:

This is a great news. We been waiting for something like this for awhile after release of Wakfu. This is still in WIP so nothing will like what they have now. Remember when they had First Wakfu beta out everything looked so dwarfy and cute. Anywho, I'm looking  forward to this. Ya all need to stop whining and appreciate. It's going to be a great game by the looks of it so far. 

lmao first and second wakfu beta was fucking gold, I wish the game kept elements from them in the final product

1 person likes this

I think they are going in the right direction with this, but I'm hoping they do similar things to Dofus Touch (hero system is ez money for them, why the hell didn't they implement this before touch release?). Also, if all the characters in a fight belong to 1 account, remove the fucking turn timer! WHY HAVE YOU NOT DONE THIS IN DOFUS TOUCH???

lets see....

1. Some of that artwork looks like bleach crap
  2. Spell decks is actually an interesting idea and allows them to throw shit at the wall for spells
  3. 6 elements is going to be a pain in the ass. I hope their characteristics system is improved because this is going to spread viable spells and equipment even thinner (guessing light/dark aren't going to be based on a characteristic, but something else....)
  4. Separation of drops from professions means a lot of profs can be leveled purely from gatherables?
  5. Separate instances instead of servers = cost saving?

Lastly,

They say multi account is base of dofus 3, but shouldn't it be multi characters? It looks like they are trying to cripple multi-account interactions so that players are stuck running a single account that manages multiple chars (which they have to pay to do!). This is great, but given how the game is skewed towards larger party sizes, it would be a good idea for them to make max hero slot = max party size or max party size / 2 and if they going max party size route, make the 1st hero slot permanently unlockable via in game quest or something.

Along these lines, I feel like they should fuse things like profession levels, inventory, quests, and achievements to the account so that the character you pick is mostly for cosmetic purposes (it will obviously still be the 'main' char to enter a fight though). If they do the above, they will need to limit quest, achieve rewards to cosmetics and dofuses and make them perma account linked where it can be used by full team (that would provide a huge incentive for single account + multiple hero slots vs multi account).

Edited by Archangel-xx

3 hours ago, Archangel-xx said:

I think they are going in the right direction with this, but I'm hoping they do similar things to Dofus Touch (hero system is ez money for them, why the hell didn't they implement this before touch release?). Also, if all the characters in a fight belong to 1 account, remove the fucking turn timer! WHY HAVE YOU NOT DONE THIS IN DOFUS TOUCH???

They say multi account is base of dofus 3, but shouldn't it be multi characters? It looks like they are trying to cripple multi-account interactions so that players are stuck running a single account that manages multiple chars (which they have to pay to do!). This is great, but given how the game is skewed towards larger party sizes, it would be a good idea for them to make max hero slot = max party size or max party size / 2 and if they going max party size route, make the 1st hero slot permanently unlockable via in game quest or something.

Because Dofus Touch was just a test, a quite successful test. And they couldn't implement it into Dofus as there's some technical problems.

Yeah, maybe it's multi character and they've just worded it differently, maybe I mistranslated it, but people will be self sufficient if they want to play solo, with the Hero system.

Not going to lie I'm actually a little excited sense it's a separate game no worries really :D

Well, I guess this wouldnt be bad at all if Ankama kept Dofus2 and made Dofus3 a different game, just like MapleStory2 lol(it looks quite similliar to it)
also I dont think bringing this game to tablets and smartphones is just enough, would prefer to see the game on consoles as well - Nintendo Switch, PS4 & Xbox One

hah, consoles

lol

2 minutes ago, Sommanker said:

hah, consoles

lol

well, there are too many MMO rivals Dofus these days(for PC), and the game would be really cool on ps4 :-)

Edited by Goku
1 person likes this