• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Announcements

• Rob

Include a selling / offering price   06/11/17

A reminder that all marketplace topics (with exception to Real Estate) should include either selling or offering price. Click Here.
Gravestorm

Dofus 3.0

69 posts in this topic

These are only the goals/ideas and they might and will probably change.
Release is planned for next year.

The name might change.

Live feed of Dofus 3.0 news from the conference.

CyQiR55XUAEdbj2.jpg

Core Game

The production has started 1 month ago.

It is still being worked on to not be as childish as some people say.

January, February or April, the release of a demo showing the game.

The lore is related to Wakfu Season 3, takes place several decades after Dofus 2.

Dofus 3 will be made by a new team of developers, Dofus 2 and Dofus Touch will still exist with the same team of developers.

Change in payment model, will follow something like Dofus Touch. (F2P)

Will be playable on several devices, PC, Mac, tablet, mobile, servers will be the same.

The game will be focused on combat, combat will be similar to Final Fantasy Tactics.

PvM and PvP will be separated/balanced, will let players advance in either one.
Most content will be level based, adapting to the character's level.

Fewer servers, rather the populated areas (like the Haven Dimensions, Dungeons, maybe even the whole world if there are a lot of players) will be managed by instances (like Incarnam in Dofus 2).

Creation of "bots" in-game to farm resources, craft, etc. for the player (no fighting bots).

Separate the Drops from Professions.

Exchanging between players will be limited to some daily quota or between guild members.
Hero System from Wakfu will exist (multi accounting with 1 character, like Sidekicks), multi accounting will be the base of Dofus 3.

Esports.

Objectives:
CyRAaNbXAAAO-aD.jpg

CyQ_hbkW8AAv7ln.jpg

Characters

Unique characters, will have lots of customization for role players (even height).

Characters will have lots of spells, but they will need to choose which ones they want to fight with (spell decks, something similar to the upcoming Spell Variants in Dofus 2).

Characters will change appearance depending on which spells they use.

Unsure about the groups of characters yet, thinking about 6, 8, or even more.

Two more elements are added, Light and Dark.

Iop visuals:
CyRLPjkWEAAniCn.jpg

CyRLm4vXUAAFkXN.jpg

Iop transformation to the Dark element with certain spells:

CyRL8SCXEAA66YU.jpg

Different types of Iop, depending on the spells used:
CyRMhtqXgAAgPjW.jpg

CyRMY5wWQAA4WN6.jpg

CyROhUdWEAA2FgC.jpg

Research on different templates of the characters, especially the customization aspect:
CyRMOUsXgAAxVe0.jpg

CyRObhnWIAQUxce.jpg

CyRO0bAWEAALOZM.jpg

The World

Regular maps and the maps the character fights in will be different (not fixed maps, but random maps).

Haven Bag dimension where players will start the game in, they will have houses to evolve and a zaap.

Haven Bag Dimension:

CyRFMkgXAAEBNam.jpg

Haven Bag evolutions:

CyRFWMaWgAAdkLx.jpg

Reduction of the size of the world, but an increase in Dungeons, each area will have one of the 6 bosses.

Reduction of the size of the combat maps.

Before entering a Dungeon, an estimated time of doing it will be shown.

+-6 Mini-Dungeons per area, they will have 1 room, completing all Dungeons will yield a key to the normal Dungeon with 5 rooms, where one of the 6 end game bosses will be present, depending on the area.

The maps will be interactive (items to break, traps).

Areas of the game:
CyRGY2bWEAAbgYv.jpg

Mini-Dungeons:

CyRG4EiWgAAbn97.jpg

6 end game bosses to fight:

CyRGAB_WIAAHA06.jpg

CyRGM3gWIAAdaBR.jpg

CyRGDClWEAAWenJ.jpg

CyRGi5yW8AAG41m.jpg

CyRLYGzWQAA-orl.jpg

CyRLYE3XcAQN5NA.jpg

Monsters:

CyRHilHWEAErfFZ.jpg

Human Arachnee Tower Dungeon:

CyRIhNzXEAAachU.jpg

Dungeon visuals:

CyRIzmoXAAABnEt.jpg

Combat in the Dungeon:

CyRJNCCWIAAWEFr.jpg

Something:

CyRIw0QXgAAKX0g.jpg

Visuals
Visual preference is minimalism and animations, rather than a static world.

Some visuals:
CyRJcFqWIAA7Q3l.jpg

CyRJ4h-XgAAXtKr.jpg

Bonta:
CyRKuJaWQAAoVGK.jpg

Combat:
CyRK4P6XEAE4aYl.jpg

Tot:

CyQ9ooHWIAANAQD.jpg

Some new artwork as seen in the Letter to the Community:

cra-sagitaire-v02-copie.jpg
dofus-doodles-feca-v03.jpg
ecatte-1.jpg
necromachin-1.jpg
osa-dodles-v07.jpg
sacri-1.jpg
xelor.jpg
Edited by Gravestorm
10 people like this

Dofus 3.0 great, let them fix sac on beta first (assault = sword,    vital punisment = transposition etc etc) together with everything else thats fucked.

I don't think I really understand this. Reduction of the size of the world? Are they just gonna scrap what looks like a good 60% of their already existing game? No Frigost? No Otomai? This is kinda crazy. :0

Super fucking psyched about the f2p model though. And Heroes. Been wanting this for years.

EDIT #1: Okay so it looks like they're just making Dofus into Wakfu then. xD 

Edited by Scour

Inb4 it dies like dofus arena 

1 person likes this

I was expecting different graphic designs. If I were 7 years old I'd have liked all those big head puppet characters. With every update Dofus becomes Wakfu but this time that's too much Wakfu for me :/

1 person likes this

Wtf is this?

3 people like this

New Dofus game that seems like the forbidden lovechild of Wakfu and Dofus Arena? Free to play? Hero system? Final Fantasy Tactics combat?!

Sign me the hell up.

3 people like this

Dofus: New and Improved.

A bit sad 2.0 wont be automatically converted into 3.0, like they did with 1.29. It'll be a bit jarring alternating between the two games.

Edit: However, I can see the reason as to why. It'll be fun starting again(?)/anew from level 1.

Edited by Yehart

As long as this doesn't make Dofus 2 obselete, I'm happy, especially if it's good

Then I can play two Dofus's at once

2 people like this

Too bad it is not an upgrade from Dofus 2.0

I really like the graphics from 3.0 but the Dofus combat is just too superior to give up.

They should just stick to dofus gameplay and they got another golden game :(

3 people like this

2 hours ago, TheFook said:

Dofus 3.0 great, let them fix sac on beta first (assault = sword,    vital punisment = transposition etc etc) together with everything else thats fucked.

"Dofus 3 will be made by a new team of developers, Dofus 2 and Dofus Touch will still exist with the same team of developers."

wanna read before you start crying

4 people like this

The engine will be reworked as well of course, that's what's letting them implement all these things. Could try importing the current database I guess, though I prefer a fresh game with a fresh system.

26 minutes ago, bobeur said:

"Dofus 3 will be made by a new team of developers, Dofus 2 and Dofus Touch will still exist with the same team of developers."

wanna read before you start crying

well idk who are "new developers" but for example the krosmaga game is made by 99,9% of ex-krosmaster developers who left the latter with tons of bugs and unbalanced figures and nobody to fix anything until krosmaga is "finished", literally showing every1 that ankama's resources are limited af :')

not that i care about krosmaster now but inb4 rip dofus 2.0 (':

don't take me wrong it looks cool at 1st glance but everything "awesome" ankama doing is either done shitty half-assed like isk or delayed for several years like dofus film :')

A huge success with Dofus Touch could do something with that. Krosmaster was not that successful, and they saw that, don't think it's even a part of the Krosmoz. After Krosmaga is finished, which is quite soon, some developers from it will move to the development of Dofus 3.

It's interesting to say the least but I also wonder, was this necessary? Does it fit the current demographic that's playing Dofus or is this targeted at a new audience?

Imo it'd make more sense if they'd put more resources into stopping the outflow of people and decrease in revenue*. Rather than splitting their resources into 4? different games.

*I'm only guessing their revenue is going down at about the same rate as people stop playing/subscribing 

2 people like this

Neat.

I'm not really understanding this much. Is there much of a market for this type of game? Why is it called dofus 3? It feels confusing if it's a separate game from dofus 2.

Ankama seems to have lots of grans ideas but i really do question them on why i lot of the time.

2 people like this

But why? Ankama keeps targeting new products towards people that wouldn't like any of their existing products. And aside from Dofus and Dofus Touch (and Wakfu kinda), all of the other products are okay at best, and they all seem to have relatively little in terms of a playerbase and support and development from Ankama's end.

So it results in new people being brought in and then walking right back out the door because they're not looking for traditional MMO's, and the thing they're interested isn't good enough to keep them in (and spending).

I appreciate that they're able to grow and try out all sorts of different things in terms of video games, but they keep trying to reinvent the wheel here which results in a series of underplayed/dead games like Kwaan being left in their wake.

It does look like they're trying to grab people from Dofus and Wakfu too this time, with a much more similar rehash of their IP than usual. But that's definitely not going to work because not all, but most Dofus and Wakfu players are looking for a traditional MMO experience and Dofus 3 is certainly not going to meet that need.

Tbh their only other true success was Fly'N, which isn't the type of game that receives regular content updates...

5 people like this

36 minutes ago, Handz said:

It's interesting to say the least but I also wonder, was this necessary? Does it fit the current demographic that's playing Dofus or is this targeted at a new audience?

Imo it'd make more sense if they'd put more resources into stopping the outflow of people and decrease in revenue*. Rather than splitting their resources into 4? different games.

*I'm only guessing their revenue is going down at about the same rate as people stop playing/subscribing

As long as the game covers the costs of servers, it's good. Don't think the English community has that big of an impact to them, it's just a nice bonus.

They want to tackle the market with something new, Dofus Touch was a nice way to test the mobile market, so now they have a direction. The new audience/generation does not have much time, but has technology, so as Tot said in the conference, people will be able to do the quick Mini-Dungeons to get the key for the normal Dungeon via mobile, then when they're back at home, they can do the normal Dungeon on PC. Adding personal bots shows this as well.

6 minutes ago, happyman said:

I'm not really understanding this much. Is there much of a market for this type of game? Why is it called dofus 3? It feels confusing if it's a separate game from dofus 2.

It's like Dofus 1 to Dofus 2, just on a bigger scale, usually the easiest way to revamp the engine is to write it from scratch. And as people don't like change, they can't just remove the old game that easily anymore. The name might change if something good comes up though.

2 people like this

This will be the final nail in the coffin for dofus.

5 people like this

As long as it wont replace Dofus 2.0 which has like 90% more content I don't care really.

I prefer current 2.0 "visuals". Call it Dokfu if it's separate and won't replace Dofus.

And if merge will happen in future (2-3 years?) I hope I can master current game because I love it.

I feel like Ankama is trying to recapture all the player base that has quit, seperate pvm and pvp, F2P??, hero system, and we get bots :O...

However, I fear this update will end dofus 2.0, I mean with a name like Dofus 3.0 (luckily it is also a WIP) I wouldn't be surprised if a year or two down the road they stop all development for 2.0(which I would honestly be fine with if they didn't leave the game in the crippled state that it currently seems to be in). I also imagine that 3.0 will basically be a test for what 2.0 spell variants will become, and maybe I've just been playing 2.0 for too long but all these different spell "decks" seems overly complicated I mean from just above it can be said iop has 6? potential decks and that just seems overwhelming, but then again I know nothing about Wakfu and maybe this won't be as terrible as it sounds in my head.

Perhaps I'm just over Ankama and their bullshit, but for me the only saving grace Dofus has ever had was the current fight system, I mean honestly why would I want to play a game with similar fight tactics as FF when I can just go play FFXV? I suppose  I can't say this is a waste of time since some people seem to be interested in it but for me personally I don't see myself ever playing this. 

Also can we really call this a MMO? Limited trading quotas... I feel like ankama is trying their hardest to combat bots in every single way except the right way... before we know it dofus will just be a single player game.

13 minutes ago, Bob-skittle said:

Perhaps I'm just over Ankama and their bullshit, but for me the only saving grace Dofus has ever had was the current fight system, I mean honestly why would I want to play a game with similar fight tactics as FF when I can just go play FFXV? I suppose  I can't say this is a waste of time since some people seem to be interested in it but for me personally I don't see myself ever playing this. 

actually they stated its similar to final fantasy tactics, not final fantasy, and thats a huge difference. final fantasy tactics is what drew me to dofus in the first place, that and the availability on mac.

I don't even know how they expect success like that, I mean it's cool and all but it's bound to rip and will totally be not worth the effort Imo, but on the bright side...atleast Ankama has something other than the current Dofus to go ham at p2w content hueheuhe

1 person likes this

Looking forward to dofus 3.0 :)