• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Snarkles

RE: "Hate speech and symbolism"

Just putting this out there: you can disagree, be critical about, or joke about something, anything, without it constituting hate, or "posting hate".

Spoiler

imps.PNG

4 people like this

Ok well if you do those things while also not posting hate then it's not an issue is it.

no you're not allowed to do anything that hurts other peoples very delicate feelings how dare you go against the mods will snark ur getting banned for life now, straight to the gulag for u /s

Edited by Tamamo-no-Mae
7 people like this

rip snark 2016 another victim of the imps regiment

1 person likes this

I'm glad you're all able to live your happy lives while many people throughout the world literally can't peacefully exist without being threatened, attacked, or even killed. Hateful words and imagery online can and do manifest themselves into real life actions

1 person likes this

I agree there shouldn't be posts provoking or encouraging hate speech towards anyone, but seriously if you're offended/hurt by a joke not directed to you on the internet about a subject you don't like you should not be on the internet. Period.

The "muh safe space" environment people are so desperately trying to create is honestly way over the top. 

6 people like this

6 minutes ago, Kiba said:

I'm glad you're all able to live your happy lives while many people throughout the world literally can't peacefully exist without being threatened, attacked, or even killed.

Thanks!

Hateful words and imagery online can and do manifest themselves into real life actions

Oh no, words! Or maybe people do bad things because they're bad.  Also, you forgot a period at the end of your sentence... I can be such a punctuation Nazi. How lame of me.

Really though, just sharing my opinion. The Imps rules can be w/e they are, I just personally think it's too much, and if anything is a detriment to exchanging ideas for the better. :)

1 person likes this

33 minutes ago, Tamamo-no-Mae said:

no you're not allowed to do anything that hurts other peoples very delicate feelings how dare you go against the mods will snark ur getting banned for life now, straight to the gulag for u /s

Wow it seems like our rules hurt your feelings

thinking-face.png

hmm really makes you think

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Garne said:

thinking-face.png

You're right! you got me, im so triggered right now that I want to make a thread addressing all the things that make me sad on this forum! Wait someone already beat me to it! 

thinking-face.png

obligatory /s because it seems people don't realise that it is in fact sarcasm, as if that weren't obvious based on the tone of literally my last 2000 posts lol gr8 b8 m8 id rate it a 0/8 though

Edited by Tamamo-no-Mae

Just now, Tamamo-no-Mae said:

You're right! you got me, im so triggered right now that I want to make a post addressing all the things that make me sad on this forum! 

You realise that's actually what you're doing though, right?

2 people like this

For fuck's sake. Stop being so goddamn obtuse. 

Do not post Nazi/racist/sexist/bigoted memes. Do not make those sorts of jokes. They aren't funny and they aren't acceptable. Regardless of what you think, these types of things actually *do* impact marginalized people negatively, so we don't really care if you think we are being overly sensitive. Maybe dig deep down and see if you can find some decency and empathy for the people you apparently desperately need to offend. If you can't help yourself because your Hitler meme is just SO LULZ, save those shitty posts for Reddit. They will be deleted here and there will be consequences (yes, scary internet consequences). 

This is not open to debate. Therefore, this thread is locked.  

6 people like this