• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Extreal

Dofus 2.39 Changelog

121 posts in this topic

The changelogs really need to have a better format for class revamps. There is no point in comparing completely new spells to unrelated stuff that happened to be learned at the same level. The sacrier stuff is almost unreadable, but it seems they got nerfed hard.

They lose AP by using transposition and atraction. I'm mentally figuring 5000-5500 HP sacriers (like masqueraiders) losing 500 HP for map manipulation at their highest, with the "benefit" of dealing 250 damage and triggering random effects. Or the new class spell, lose 1000 HP to deal 500 damage in AoE, really? Level 120 sacriers leeching at mastogobs reach those numbers and get healed instead.

This looks so bad, I'd prefer if they reduced the current sacriers' punishments to 2 AP, gave them a bit more range and left it like that until there's a more reasonable option.

3 people like this

Sorry the Sac stuff does look aids as there is no formatting, I will tidy it up at some point when I get a chance.

1 person likes this

I wasn't saying it's your fault, it's on Ankama. The fr version is awful too because it compares old punishments to new attacks and such, which makes no sense: the first punishment "no longer has a stack limit" because sacrier's foot had one and it doesn't apply now, for example. Some spells have changed completely but the AP cost is the same, so they don't comment on it, forcing you to remember what it used to be like.

2 people like this

25 minutes ago, Super-Beast said:

whats the base damage now on explosive and slowdown arrow?

So as I just found out beta is still heroic ~_~. The base dmg is something like 43-47 for explosive non crit and 43-45 for slowdown

1 person likes this

There's two Beta servers, Beta 1 is normal, Beta 2 is Heroic.

1 person likes this

Most of these changes just piss me off.

4 people like this

2 hours ago, Piro said:

the primary way this hurts cras is when you use multiple. for those, no sympathy. 

the fact that it's +13/+16 base dmg is something to keep in mind. yeah you're limited to one per turn, but that one is going to be much much bigger, on top of the fact that you can cast another spell, so your dmg with 8ap might very well go up. 

Something tells me those few int/cha cras might actually be pretty happy... 10ap for AoE 90 base dmg is...terrifying

For starters the 10ap AoE stuff will be pretty circumstantial I mean Slowdown is still linear and has 2AoE vs 3AoE of explosive, The Dmg increase will hardly be worth it once you factor in the fact that almost everyone is 11/6 meaning you'd still be better off using 4 ap spells twice and a 3 ap spell add the fact that neither the cha or int builds have a decent low ap spell. Ice arrow has the 11-13 base dmg and paralyzing has 10-11 base dmg meaning in the current set ups 2 explosive or 2 slow down will still be better dmg for the ap cost compared to the 5ap versions and a low ap spell.

While I agree that that +15ish base damage is something, you also have to take into account that cras naturally have low base damage spells. While 90 base dmg for AoE sounds terrifying, you have to remember AoE damage decrease 10% every cell away from the epicenter. 

In the current meta of cras 5ap spells really just don't fit or flow well for cras.  Now matter how i look at this this nerf seems far to extreme. 1 cast per turn is already pretty harsh, then to make it 5 ap makes it just insane. The dmg increase is reasonable for a 4ap to 5 ap spell but you'd still do more AoE dmg with 4ap x2 WHICH in my opinion is the only reason you're ever casting explosive or slowdown.Additionally,  5ap spells just do not fit or flow with cra builds the only time i ever see myself using a 5ap explosive is when one mob has lost fire res and I can get LoS for 2x tormenting as well. I really hope ankama just takes a step back and decides to just make it have a 2 cast global cool down. To nerf an entire spell to combat one aspect of the game is just preposterous. 

3 people like this

It's hard to test when you don't have any spells points, so yeah..

You know, what with map manipulation spells like assault, transposition, attraction, and that new bling like attack all dealing damage to targets, sacs are worse off than before at endgame. Addressing endgame dungeons which have trigger effects and punishing melee attacks was the entire point of this stupid revamp (because otherwise sacs were amazing) and I feel this is backwards if not as bad. On top of that, it's just worse before endgame too, as you can't take on mobs like you used to. :(

So altogether, if you set aside that this doesn't feel like a sac anymore, it's just a worse class.

5 people like this

Shit game.

4 people like this

I haven't had much time to test the changes but nerf to explosive is pretty catastrophic.

Changing explosive to 5 ap AND 1 cast a turn is overdoing it. 2x cast global cd would have been a much more balanced fix.

As for sacs, I can only shake my head. It's just not the same class anymore.

But atcham sacs ayyy. The dmg can be insane but requires so much risk to pull off. It just comes across to me as gimmicky.

Hope they fix this before release.

1 person likes this

One of the many problems with the Cra change for 508 idols is that you can still do the same damn thing with a few int Xelors.

Edited by Masive
5 people like this

Upside: I look great as an Osa.

b9a84cf18bfebbf6c2344332f8f3d87e.png

1 person likes this

Nooo, I told all the Sacs to go Hupper!~

1 person likes this

Logged onto my nub account, only to find my lv 60 has only 10 spell points.

Someone tell me this isn't the future. RIP Low lvl PvP...

Ankama has finally lost the last of their marbles...

2 people like this

25 minutes ago, Aurah said:

Logged onto my nub account, only to find my lv 60 has only 10 spell points.

Someone tell me this isn't the future. RIP Low lvl PvP...

Ankama has finally lost the last of their marbles...

No, sacs are just bugged on beta. I had to log a different account, change the character to a sacrier, in order to test out the spells. :P

1 person likes this

Oh ok. I nearly freaked out thinking they did the removal of sp's already.

1 person likes this

Yeah I did too for a moment.

That said.. I played around for a bit. Lots of little extra effects, damage is both too high and too low.. there are glaring problems like.. not being able to steal enough hp, but at the same time, you have a healing spell.. which is just anti-sacrier and stupid. With having more range, you could just give those spells hp steal, and not have a self-healing spell, for instance.

edit: I'm just going to take a break from testing and this bullshit, wait until they fix some of the spells, and play pokemon in the meantime. >: I

Edited by Snarkles
2 people like this

Full Tal Kasha (hat, cape, boots) + Full bearb + tf ammy/belt 12/6

https://www.dofusplanner.com/ei7LX/edit/

Edited by Juse
2 people like this

~ Translation: CRAs of the twelve world, you are not satisfied with this change? Until December 29, a change of class is offered!

Is this for real :3

----------------------------------------------------------

It's a fake account someone made :3 trolling everyone :c i was certainly fooled

Edited by Pokiii
3 people like this

I see 2 r's in that fr. You can't trick me! D;

-pls don't be too good to be tru for once-

Edit: Official twitter is @DOFUSfr

Edited by Masive
5 people like this

Free?!?

2 people like this

Well R.I.P cra's.

I wish this was April 1rst -.-

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Aurah said:

Well R.I.P cra's.

I wish this was April 1rst -.-

same, i was looking forward to this but now.. this is just a bad joke lol nerfing the only decent cra build :/

1 person likes this

So anyone tried this new 200 lvl dungeon on beta yet? I heard invulnerable mechanism there is terrible, some messy stuff with glyphs.

1 person likes this

so far the only public screen of the dung

1 person likes this