• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Gravestorm

Spell Variants

220 posts in this topic
20 minutes ago, Junnsim said:

rip perception

Sure, I also think that "Heal 4% max HP per enemy in AoE" and "Buff by 150% Power per enemy in AoE" are bad as well. xD

2 hours ago, Decker said:

ya spells aintdst changing if ya dont want um too

21 hours ago, Gravestorm said:

Sacrier and Ecaflip spell revamp.

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Quadro said:

absolutely nothing

1) you cant make sweeping judgements like that about a class revamp that you have not played

2) literally everything they said rip to is functionally exactly the same when in context of the other spells

oh no, rip wheel of fortune because it gives -50% crits, except a) critting as an ecaflip is now a choice, b) you can counterbalance it with clover which gives +50% crits. rip healing mode, because now you're just getting healing spells. give me a break.

it's 2017, if you're still revamp doomsaying get a hobby like collecting newspapers or sitting as still as possible for as long as you can and letting the world revolve without you

1 person likes this

i never said "revamp" was a bad thing, neither in 1k945 nor in 2k19

instead i was referring to u claiming that "ya spells aintdst changing if ya dont want um too" aka claiming an eca can still use old spells which isn't the definition of "revamp"

obvsly we cant judge spells before actual update cuz more changes may happen but, bruh one of us needs haz engrish

i never said you said anything, i thought you were pointing something out by quoting two things adjacently like that and responded to that.

literally in my post i quoted you and said you said "absolutely nothing". bruh me again.

nice language barrier h

anyway peace

Iv'e stumbled upon the spell variation (in french) on the Millenium website.

you can look at them from this link

http://www.millenium.org/dofus/accueil/actualites/dofus-variantes-de-sorts-variante-sorts-classes-guide-200-pvp-pvm-changement-dopeul-160791 

5 people like this

1 hour ago, Wolverstar said:

Iv'e stumbled upon the spell variation (in french) on the Millenium website.

you can look at them from this link

http://www.millenium.org/dofus/accueil/actualites/dofus-variantes-de-sorts-variante-sorts-classes-guide-200-pvp-pvm-changement-dopeul-160791 

I've started (shoddily) translating all of the Enutrof spell modifications listed here, since those were the ones I've cared about the most.

First, the changes to the base spells:

Bribery - No longer skips a player's turn, ally or enemy. Heals allies for 40% of their max HP and applies the pacifist state, applies the pacifist and invulnerable state for enemies. A pretty big change, this might actually convince me to cast this on an ally though.

Now for the spell varients:

Coins throwing - 3 ap, 1-8 range (non-modifiable), linear. Deals 19-23 (22-26) water damage, castable twice per target per turn, three times per turn. Basically a beefed up coins throwing with less range, more AP and more damage.

Shovel of Judgement - 5 AP, 3-8 range (modifiable), 2-size Cross AoE, requires a target.  Deals 38-42 (46-50) Air damage, castable once per target per turn, twice per turn around the target and causes...something else? I think it's healing for allies if they're the actual target of the spell but it's vague. 

Slaughtering Shovel - 4 AP, 1-6 range (non-modifiable). A debuff that lets the enutrof steal health in the water element if the target is healed, no damage or healing values given.

Ghostly Shovel - 4 AP, 1-5 range (non-modifiable). deals 30-34 (26-30??? Crit deals less damage than normal hit, may be switched around) air damage, castable twice per target per turn three times per turn.  Also applies a debuff that heals whoever attacks the target for 25% of whatever damage they deal.

Unsummoning - 5 AP, 1-5 range (non-modifiable). Deals 48-52 (58-62)  fire damage in a 2 x 2 square? Some sort of square. Castable once per turn.

Shovel kiss - 3 AP, 1-4 range (non-modifiable). A debuff castable once per target per turn, twice per turn.  Causes the target to take fire damage each time they lose MP, no damage values given.

Shovel throwing - 4 AP, 1-5 range (non-modifiable), linear. Deals 26-30 (30-34) earth damage in a cone-sized AoE (like blunderbuss), castable twice per turn.

Mound - 5 ap, 1-7 range (modifiable).  Deals 48-52 (58-62) earth damage in a 3-line AoE. Has qualities similar to Pulsar (you lose damage the lower the % of your max MP you have left when you start your turn).

Prime of life - 4 AP, 1-6 range (modifiable), linear, requires a target.  Deals 30-34 (33-37) earth damage, and gives the caster 1 mp. Castable once per target, twice per turn.

Greed - 5 AP, 0-3 range (non-modifiable). Removes 3 MP and gives 3 AP for one turn  (does not specify enemies or allies, probably everyone) in a 3-size circle AoE. Three-turn cooldown.

Mass clumsiness - 3 AP, 1-7 range (modifiable).  Deals 22-26 (25-29) air damage, and removes up to 3 AP from the target (non-stackable).  Castable twice per target per turn, three times per turn.

Pandora's Box - 2 AP, 1-4 range (non-modifiable), does not require line of sight.  Gives an ally 3 AP and 3 MP, but also puts them in the pacified state for a turn. Two turn cooldown.

Reducing key - 2 AP, 1-5 range (non-modifiable).  Heals an ally for 15% of their max hp, but removes 1 mp (non-dodgeable).

Acceleration - 3 AP, 0-4 range (modifiable), linear.  Exchanges positions with your living bag or your living shovel summon, 2-turn cooldown.

Bribery - 3 AP, 1-6 range (modifiable).  Gives the target 3 AP and 3 MP for a turn (non-stackable), but they lose 3 AP and 3 MP during their next turn.

Fortune - 2 AP, 1-5 range (non-modifiable).  Deals 11-13 (12-14) air damage, and gives the enutrof 50 power for 2 turns. Castable twice per target per turn, 3 times per turn.

Clumsiness - 4 AP, 1 range (non-modifiable).  Swaps positions with the target and heals the target for 15% of their max health if it's an ally. Castable 1 per target per turn, twice per turn.

Living Shovel - 3 AP, 1-5 range, 3-turn cooldown. Summons a shovel that deals air damage to enemies. If an ally attacks the shovel, the enutrof is healed.

Living Bag - 3 AP, 1-3 range, 4-turn cooldown. Summons a bag that will share damage with any ally in it's summoning AoE. Dies after two turns. If an ally attacks the bag, the ally is healed.

Living chest - 4 AP- 1-3 range, 4-turn cooldown. Summons a chest that heals nearby allies. If an ally attacks the chest, they are healed. If an enemy kills the chest, the entire enemy team gets healed (unlisted amounts of healing).

Pull out - 3 AP, 0-6 range (modifiable), target necessary, 2-turn cooldown. No text.

10 people like this

Intelligence sadis got nothing. The only spell variant that has anything to do with int is a mid range bush fire that applies a fire poison if the target loses PM, but then int sadis are long range and you lose base bush fire. The more interesting variants come from losing int spells.

Cha xelors won the lottery with a long range spammable attack that gives AP the next turn (for free! in exchange of the useless hand).

Str masqueraiders also got nothing specifically for them. A weak, 1 range spell in exchange for map manipulation is useless. The new masks (damage at the end of turn scaling with HP, damage x 90% and +10% ranged damage) go from interesting to great. No new shields is a disappointment.

Osas got way too many changes and the texts are confusing, but basically fire osas got no appeal now. Nothing really caught my attention, except for the high energy shot variant being so bad.

1 person likes this

I used to hate it, when Dofus-casual people (like me today) asked this:

Any given release date of this patch? :D 

(at least on beta servers?)

Edited by winged-one

2 hours ago, ElMatematico said:

No new shields is a disappointment.

no new shields is untrue

beta on wednesday

sauce pls

all i know is that nerodos said 'soon'

Edited by white cat 22

oh everyone else was saying it so i assumed it's true cause i'm a dumbass

beta never. update postponed to summer 2018

2 people like this

Yeah, didn't remember bling variant is a 2-range tortoruga.

I find it funny that iops get  a spell that should be a sadida thing....

I mean, put a voodoo doll and stuff

Conquete_-_Deferlement.png

1 person likes this

What the hell is that x.x?

they really ran out of ideas for iop lol

"there's more than one way to skin a cat" tot says to console himself while designing spells for the completely themeless super saiyan knockoff vanilla baseline punchy-do-damage class

On 11/11/2017 at 3:28 PM, ElMatematico said:

Intelligence sadis got nothing. The only spell variant that has anything to do with int is a mid range bush fire that applies a fire poison if the target loses PM, but then int sadis are long range and you lose base bush fire. The more interesting variants come from losing int spells.

Yeah, even one more fire damage or int-based healing spell for Sadida would be nice. Also, the idea for the the doll variants (4AP to summon the same thing without a tree) is lazy. They could just make any doll spell costs 4AP but refunds 2AP if cast on a tree, and add new spells as their variants...

Edited by Happida

so when's the beta? xD

7 hours ago, Up Dharma Down said:

so when's the beta? xD

GKp18fb.png

So probably in 2 weeks

2 people like this