• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Gravestorm

Spell Variants

220 posts in this topic

pls i still miss old 2.0 interface ok no salterino on wounds pls

2 people like this

I've been reading this thread and the one on the dofus forum, and I still can't understand why people think this is worth quitting over? Not in any way saying you're wrong or not entitled to your opinions but could anyone just dumb down for me why people are angry? 

I understand if you've spent hours upon hours getting scrolls to max your characters spell points, but anyone else? I don't get what's not to like? 

1 person likes this

I'm not gonna quit over pretty much anything, but I'm complaining about Ankama simplifying spell levelling with automatic distribution, and meaning that we can't choose to leave spells at lower levels anymore - making it less interesting for newer players in the process.

New players won't know any different though, and certain classes losing access to release level 5 isn't exactly hard to get over.

1 hour ago, Scour said:

i have literally never seen a thread in this whole fucking forum that wasn't people just moaning and complaining about ankama's latest change (kolo being the only exception i can think of)

god damn, people, you're going to play for two or three days, get adjusted, and then fucking get over it anyway, just chill out

i for one am excited as fuck for spell variants anything that can make my characters shittier and more niche is a-o-fucking kay in my book

What you're not realizing is that what they are saying is "we are going to add spell variants starting at level 200+ after we remove the spell variants that currently exist from 1-200 through spell levels".

This IS in essence what they are doing. Every char of a class will be exactly the same for a given level up till level 200. 

13 minutes ago, Hyrules-Defence said:

I've been reading this thread and the one on the dofus forum, and I still can't understand why people think this is worth quitting over? Not in any way saying you're wrong or not entitled to your opinions but could anyone just dumb down for me why people are angry? 

I understand if you've spent hours upon hours getting scrolls to max your characters spell points, but anyone else? I don't get what's not to like? 

While I probably won't be quitting, the reason I'm so annoyed is because while spell variants are probably going to be very useful, I'm just annoyed how ankama did things, lvl 200+ was originally mentioned as a cosmetic update for the players who enjoyed grinding or wanted achievements. Now however, 200+ is going to be offering Radically different and game changing mechanics, while they are hiding it under some "prestige" system, the simple fact is that max level has been increases and odds are that there will be spell variants for all classes that are considerably better than the current version of the spells available. Meaning that what was once mentioned as a "cosmetic" update is now an update that is nothing more than increased max level and spell buffs.  

And what is even more annoying is that they are making all these major changes to the game in one go like kicking me while I'm down crying about having to xp again and then they steal all the sp scrolls I had to get.

My main reason for even thinking of quitting is that you honestly cannot trust anything Ankama says these days and its just so frustrating to play a game where updates are changed after one week making them harder every fucking update

Edited by Bob-skittle
4 people like this

27 minutes ago, Shre said:

What you're not realizing is that what they are saying is "we are going to add spell variants starting at level 200+ after we remove the spell variants that currently exist from 1-200 through spell levels".

This IS in essence what they are doing. Every char of a class will be exactly the same for a given level up till level 200. 

given that 95% of the people who play this game are level 190+ i don't see how it makes a huge difference. plus, i would have loved to have constantly upgrading spells back in my noob days, which is to say the period of time from when i started playing the game up to the current present moment and also including all of the known future

1 person likes this

29 minutes ago, Sommanker said:

I'm not gonna quit over pretty much anything, but I'm complaining about Ankama simplifying spell levelling with automatic distribution, and meaning that we can't choose to leave spells at lower levels anymore - making it less interesting for newer players in the process.

New players won't know any different though, and certain classes losing access to release level 5 isn't exactly hard to get over.

ca3913f294584b25b6fa1825ffaeff7d.png

1 person likes this

Ladies and gentlemen: 2.39 wont be in beta this week, they announced it on twitter. My guess is they changed their mind on something seeing they got so many critics 

Edited by Topmaster

thx god, postpone shitload coming af c:

anyone feel like ankama is having a lot of derp moments the past couple months? I mean more than usual which is saying a lot :/

1 person likes this

On 11/17/2016 at 3:16 PM, Super-Beast said:

anyone feel like ankama is having a lot of derp moments the past couple months? I mean more than usual which is saying a lot :/

It's 2016, the whole year has been one big derpfest.

2 people like this

On 11/17/2016 at 0:28 PM, Scour said:

given that 95% of the people who play this game are level 190+ i don't see how it makes a huge difference. plus, i would have loved to have constantly upgrading spells back in my noob days, which is to say the period of time from when i started playing the game up to the current present moment and also including all of the known future

You're still missing the point. Less diversity is a complaint that comes up in games quite often right? If you really want to bring new players into the game, which is probably what you need to save it, then having zero diversity through the leveling process is not a good idea. Players do like, at least I and the people I've played most often with, do like to be able to have some choices in how they build their characters and spells are a big part of that. Having spell levels and having to make choices based on give and take adds strategy to the game.

They obviously do not get this by their comments on these changes and PVP calling it a "problem" that people will not know before hand what a player will be coming into battle with. How is that a problem and not an interesting strategy twist that could make the game more unique and fun? If you as a wandering wizard came across another person in your travels would you know what their abilities are going to be? Would you know how they are going to fight you? And if you had heard of their legend or had battled them before would you expect them to do exactly the same things they did last time? 

1 person likes this

I thought i would just post it here since its the most popular topic about 2.39.

There is a livestream at 15:00 DUT about 2.39 and after that stream, the beta should be open for testing.

https://m.twitch.tv/dofusofficiel

Hopefully we get a TLDW for the stream from someone here, cuz I've never been able to speak french, and it's on during my-bed time-

*hinthint*

Normally someone over at JoL will type it up, I'll might translate that or just stick the wall of text up with a link to google translate for a diy version

Currently accepting bribes for translation, starting offer 1mk

Did they scrap the idea for prestige levels? 

no, not exactly, they just postponed it to the end of this year.

they're probs gonna just scrape it off , and replace "Summoning of Dopple" with an option to level one of your spells to level 7 an Ex Version perhaps? xD

7 people like this

2 people like this

I hope we get more info on spell variants before mid-November, because so far these just seem pretty and shiny. Nothing wrong with that, but I'm hoping we can get some genuine variance that alters gameplay, esp. compared to different level brackets...

...Man, I sound crotchety. But a lack of info just bothers me! :P I get it, they think releasing these videos on social media is enticing... Zzz...

I'm sure a devblog will be released somewhere late November or early December.

2 hours ago, bobeur said:

I'm sure a devblog will be released somewhere late November or early December.

Dearest Community,

We are still having no idea.

Please enjoy these GIF's in the meantime.

May all your caches be cleared,

Sato.

5 people like this

Please Ankama has never ever (since 2.0 at least) posted a major devblog around 2 months before the actual update. Mostly because they're probably still developing, testing and changing the new spells. It's not like they have an update ready and just wait 2 months to implement it.

2 people like this

Well, late November / early December isn't too unreasonable since they've stated in Gamakna that it will be in the December update.

"We are currently working on this major game update, which will give you variants for all class spells. They're planned for the December update. As a reminder, we will also take advantage of their introduction to review the spell points system. This system will be replaced with an automatic upgrade system based on character level. Players who have invested in spell scrolls will receive their value in Kolossokens when the change is implemented."