• Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
SamTheKing

Does it make sense to come back?

I was thinking of coming back and playing the game nearly 4 years after quitting for good. 

 

Would it make sense to just play on one account or is solo-accounting ridiculous and unheard of? I don't have the money to sub more than one character, so I can't sub all 6 of mine. 

 

Should I try Rushu or is Rosal not that dead yet? 

 

Lastly, are Sadidas shit? What are some of the best characters for PvM?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now, if you can, is probably one of the best times to come back with new quests, 200+, ISK being released earlier, sac reworks coming up etc. etc.

Rushu & Rosal are still the most populated with the highest economy, but Rushu (not so much Rosal) is also the most toxic, to my knowledge.

Furthermore, Dofus is being released on Steam very soon too.

 

Solo-accounting is not unheard of nor ridiculous, I am one myself and very much enjoy the game, and know various others, however, it can be very difficult without a strong and helpful guild/alliance/community, and money-making can be particularly painful - but, then again, you also need less money as you need less items.

 

I would say, try it, give it a couple of months, and if you don't find yourself having any fun, leave it.

 

Hf :)

Edited by Sommanker
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sommanker said:

Right now, if you can, is probably one of the best times to come back with new quests, 200+, ISK being released earlier, sac reworks coming up etc. etc.

Rushu & Rosal are still the most populated with the highest economy, but are also the most toxic, to my knowledge.

Furthermore, Dofus is being released on Steam very soon too.

 

Solo-accounting is not unheard of nor ridiculous, I am one myself and very much enjoy the game, and know various others, however, it can be very difficult without a strong and helpful guild/alliance/community, and money-making can be particularly painful - but, then again, you also need less money as you need less items.

 

I would say, try it, give it a couple of months, and if you don't find yourself having any fun, leave it.

 

Hf :)

 

What do you mean by toxic? 

 

Is class change still available? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, playing solo account is better choice but sadis and osas are too weak and boring classes atm i mean people are mostly picking sac or cra for 1v1 so you can take those instead of sadi and osa. Besides that rushu is dead and everyone moved to rosal so stay there

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Class change is still available, and I'm not entirely sure. I've heard people that play on Rushu in particular describe it that way, and, in addition, I play on Shika, and a few months ago made a character on Rushu. After playing for just a few days, I felt there was a different atmosphere, and instead of getting replies like 'Sure, I can help, inv me' upon asking for help, I'd get noses turned up at me, with a response feeling more like 'I don't have time for you, I have 8 accounts and am superior'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maiar said:

Well, playing solo account is better choice but sadis and osas are too weak and boring classes atm i mean people are mostly picking sac or cra for 1v1 so you can take those instead of sadi and osa. Besides that rushu is dead and everyone moved to rosal so stay there

Osas are pretty powerful since rework, actually, and sadis are still strong in kollo.

Rushu is not 'dead', it is still very highly populated, unless everything changed and everyone moved in the last two months lol

Edited by Sommanker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You want drama - pick Rushu.

You want nice people - pick Rosal.

You want Sommanker - pick Shika.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not the only one on Shika.

If you want a tight-knit, village like community, go Shika and join an alliance, although money making and stuff like that will be harder here.

Otherwise, go Rosal, I'd say - it's probably the best of both worlds unless you particularly want want I just described.

Edited by Sommanker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if there's one toxic player/100, populated servers would naturally have more of those simply because there are more people playing there, but if toxicity = when people aren't excited about your existence, that's a different.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll probably end up staying in Rosal and not waste my money for a server change then. However, I think I'll still change my class from Sadida to something else; Sadi's were always weak when I used to play. 

 

7 minutes ago, Sommanker said:

Class change is still available, and I'm not entirely sure. I've heard people that play on Rushu in particular describe it that way, and, in addition, I play on Shika, and a few months ago made a character on Rushu. After playing for just a few days, I felt there was a different atmosphere, and instead of getting replies like 'Sure, I can help, inv me' upon asking for help, I'd get noses turned up at me, with a response feeling more like 'I don't have time for you, I have 8 accounts and am superior'

 

Yeah that whole "i'm superior to you" attitude is what I'm trying to avoid if I want to solo account. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chrollo said:

if there's one toxic player/100, populated servers would naturally have more of those simply because there are more people playing there, but if toxicity = when people aren't excited about your existence, that's a different.

 

I don't think that's toxicity, however it's obviously something I'd like to avoid. It can be called whatever you want to call it. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sommanker said:

Osas are pretty powerful since rework, actually, and sadis are still strong in kollo.

Rushu is not 'dead', it is still very highly populated, unless everything changed and everyone moved in the last two months lol

Wait.. Really??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Maiar said:

Wait.. Really??

People were raging about osas in kollo for a few weeks, even ragequitting when they came up against them because we're so good :P We're certainly alot better after rework.

And from what I hear, a lot of people fear sadis in kollo too - although, from what I understand, they aren't exactly top tier in pvm.

Rushu still seemed pretty damn not-dead last time I checked, and I haven't heard anything about mass transfers from there to Rushu personally, but I can't speak with too much authority on that one.

Edited by Sommanker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooh nice then i'll be back to game aswell, didn't know people were still playing in Rushu, thought it was quiet dead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Sam,

 

Many people solo-account - it's not unheard of. You'll need to make good friends, but that should be true of everyone. :)

Rosal is definitely smaller than it used to me, but I wouldn't say it's dead. People have been saying it for many years though. xP
(we need to keep in mind that we won't know what will happen when Dofus goes on Steam in the US next week)

 

Sadidas are definitely not shit. They went through an interesting revamp this past year and get stronger and better as the fight goes on.

Classes that are good in pvm are.. the usual, sram, iop, cra, panda, enu, eni(also revamped and really strong now).. that is to say, most any class. :P You can't really go wrong, so just pick your favourite and go with it.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok am solo-accounter but i feel superior than most of rushu scrubs cuz quad iz god huehuehue :^) (^:

 

#quadthebest #voteforpvmdro #diksoutforquad #veryhumble #nolies

 

p.s. yes rushu is dead no1 playing there evry1 transferred to rosal dis is not sarcasm and shingun legit didnt jk to troll the OP and sommanker c:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should totally come back! it has changed a lot and I believe rushu would be a nice place for you to start (just try avoid toxicity) I'm sure there's many people who will help you.

 

I personally don't solo-account as I have 4 noobs right now but having a single account can defintely work now there's side-kicks etc. I'm sure you'll have fun whatever you do!!

 

 

Ps..

 

quad lies.

 

#savethekids #dontdiksoutquad #helies #nothumble

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Snarkles said:

Hey Sam,

 

Many people solo-account - it's not unheard of. You'll need to make good friends, but that should be true of everyone. :)

Rosal is definitely smaller than it used to me, but I wouldn't say it's dead. People have been saying it for many years though. xP
(we need to keep in mind that we won't know what will happen when Dofus goes on Steam in the US next week)

 

Sadidas are definitely not shit. They went through an interesting revamp this past year and get stronger and better as the fight goes on.

Classes that are good in pvm are.. the usual, sram, iop, cra, panda, enu, eni(also revamped and really strong now).. that is to say, most any class. :P You can't really go wrong, so just pick your favourite and go with it.

 

Hey thanks for the reply. I remember I used to be in Heaven Knights for a while before I quit. Nice people.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SamTheKing said:

I'll probably end up staying in Rosal and not waste my money for a server change then. However, I think I'll still change my class from Sadida to something else; Sadi's were always weak when I used to play. 

 

 

Yeah that whole "i'm superior to you" attitude is what I'm trying to avoid if I want to solo account. 

hi yes dofus is ok

sadis are strong post rework, arguably better than they used to be depending on how you played (if you played like a cheeky little bitch and spammed dolls you're gonna get really excited because they buffed that role, if you actually used sadi for damage they kinda sorta improved that too I guess)

 

population wise, rosal is ok, its pretty low afaik, I havent played there for like 2 and a half years but its certainly taken a big hit since then. Rushu has a higher population by far so it stands to reason that subsequently theres more people = more of those people are toxic. Its easy to avoid those people so the server is otherwise pretty good. Those two servers are the only real choices nowadays unless you like having literally 5 people online during the offpeak hours.

 

EDIT: on the topic of toxicity, those that say it exists clearly havent played games where the community is /actually/ toxic. Dofus drama/toxicity isn't even on the same scale in comparison when its generally confined to one map for about an 8 hour window when all the brits are active, so saying that "rushu is bad because its toxic stay away!!!!!1" is laughable when the other 99% of the server is more or less fine. I could argue that the entirety of the solar/shika servers were a cancerous cesspool during their peak but thats a moot point.

Edited by Tamamo-no-Mae
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps 'toxicity' was too strong of a word to use, apologies.

Rushu certainly does have a different feel and atmosphere to it than Shika, though, and, although I've never played on Rosal, from what you guys say it has a nice community too, so it stands to reason, imo, that a player will indeed have a very different experience based on which server you choose, which was my main point - and you should decide based on what experience you are looking for. From what he says, it also sounds like Rushu is not what he is looking for.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sommanker said:

People were raging about osas in kollo for a few weeks, even ragequitting when they came up against them because we're so good :P We're certainly alot better after rework.

And from what I hear, a lot of people fear sadis in kollo too - although, from what I understand, they aren't exactly top tier in pvm.

Rushu still seemed pretty damn not-dead last time I checked, and I haven't heard anything about mass transfers from there to Rushu personally, but I can't speak with too much authority on that one.

Fairly sure maiar is being sarcastic bro. 😂

 

As for servers Sam, if we're being truly realistic, rushus population is 1000% more populated than Rosal, Rosal is quite literally 10 people with teams sitting at -2,0 and then occasionally running a dungeon/moving to rushu to buy things and then moving back. 

 

Rushu isnt exactly toxic, it's just a lot of shit talking from weebs who think their 11/5 sets made up from every ap item possible without any exos are relevant. Then you have people like persona, evulhealer, qax, goku and mova who you may as well add straight to your enemies list unless you want to spend your whole gaming experience being poorly trolled. Rushu is a lot more entertaining PvP wise and has multiple alliances fighting over areas, in which unless you're in iron you won't have any, or thc if you're willing to pick up the scraps that irons not interested in. 

 

So just to recap Sam, Rosal may have its up sides, but unless you don't want to be transferring to a relevant server every time a new update is released then I'd suggest sticking to rushu, the same for if you want more PvP than just isk.

 

granted, Ankama have said in their most recent patch that they're looking to merge a lot of the international servers anyway. 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be 100% honest with you, if you're planning to play DOFUS with one account then you'll definitely not enjoy the game as much as before. Times have changed sadly, and as much as I'd like to say you can really 'progress in the game' with only one account, that would probably be the biggest lie of the century lel. Probably the biggest demotivating factor as of right now is the fact that when I transferred to Rushu, I only took my Sacrier with me and left all of my other characters behind on Shika (which was a very very big mistake). You honestly, can't do much on your own and as much as I'd like to say "oh people are always there to help you with whatever you need dungeon wise etc...", that's not really the case since many people are just doing their own sort of things with their own little teams (moreover, I just don't like bothering people with my own agenda tbf'ed). It's just that the game is very tailored towards multi-accounters now, like to the point where you genuinely can't even make kamas properly, p2p yourself every week and progress through the game at the same time, without actually grinding for hours upon hours every single day. So yeah, I haven't really played much recently because I've felt like as a solo accounter, the game's turned more into a chore than an enjoyable game that I can sit down and play at my own leisure. I've had a lot of trouble trying to get new gear (I'm still stuck with tf and fuji items tbf'ed) because I p2p myself every week with kamas (which is like 800kk-900kk ish as of right now) and can't really save up kamas to buy the newer end game items that are around atm. Consequently, I'm in this position right now where I'm just STUCK in the game. I'm not moving forward and honestly do not have the ability to do anything else in the game other than p2p myself every single week (due to time constraints because I don't play much to begin with and just being a general solo accounting scrublord v2.0).

 

So yeah, if you ever do decide to come back then definitely try to multi-account, because you'll struggle a lot as a solo accounter, trust me. If you're going to solo account then you should consider possibly p2ping yourself with a credit card so that you can save up kamas and start using the kamas on gear.

 

Rushu's really cool, people over there have been very welcoming. I've only been here for approximately like 10 months now, but everyone on there's been really kind, you also get a daily dosage of drama to laugh at, every now and  then of course. ;)

 

I can't really say much about Rosal since I've never played on there, but if you want a populated server to play on, with a fuckload of people, then Rushu's the way to go.

 

Good luck with whatever you choose~

 

Edited by Ultimate-Sensation
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.