• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
wot

WE'RE BUILDING UP STEAM!

88 posts in this topic

As you may have heard, DOFUS and the DOFUS movie will be coming to the Steam platform on November 3, 2016! We're looking forward to introducing the World of Twelve to a whole new group of friends, and we have a big welcoming party planned!

586567.jpg

Now let's be clear right from the start. This initial Steam release on Nov 3 will only be for players in the United States of America*. While this is the first step on a journey to world Steam domination, it is a big first step for DOFUS, particularly because we're not just offering the MMO on Steam, but also our action-packed feature-length animated film, DOFUS - Book 1: Julith!

We're telling you all of this now because we're going to need your help to make sure the new players feel at home when they join DOFUS! You surely remember how it felt to be a newbie wandering around in Incarnam for the first time, and now, you have the chance to act as the experienced guide for someone else's adventure! Finding lots of friends is the perfect start to playing an MMO, and we know you're all excited to meet new people, too!

Not to mention that it's great opportunity to use our referral system to invite your Steam friends to join Dofus and get rewards for it!

There will also be a treat for those hardcore Steam achievement collectors, as over 1400 DOFUS-related achievements can be unlocked on your Steam profile! We can tell some of you are already revved up to tackle that mountain of unlockables, good luck completing them all!

More news about this Steam release is coming soon, including more Steam-related items that you can discover after the release on November 3!

*Don't worry, we haven't forgotten the rest of our Pangea players. If all goes well with this initial Steam release, we plan to open it up to more countries from the Pangea community! We apologize in advance for the upcoming Steam-related news and thank you in advance for your patience.

Will it be like Wakfu where people can't really multiaccount if they log in through steam?

Also, will these 1400 achievements unlock retroactively? I doubt it, and that kinda sucks for those of us who have already done a lot of the stuff.

@Izmar,

what about that Multiaccount - Avatar thing you mentioned some days ago?

This is a really short timeline, all things considered. I just want to remind everyone to treat new players well - that doesn't mean leeching them, because they need to be able to enjoy and explore the game just as we have - but it does mean giving advice and being supportive. :P

6 people like this

Inb4 no new players  ⊂◉‿◉つ

5 people like this

Steam is going to heal that toxic community slowly.

1 person likes this

But there never was a toxic community on shika ;)

Edited by Sommanker

12 hours ago, Sommanker said:

Will it be like Wakfu where people can't really multiaccount if they log in through steam?

Also, will these 1400 achievements unlock retroactively? I doubt it, and that kinda sucks for those of us who have already done a lot of the stuff.

They will unlock.

1 person likes this

Phew :D

33 minutes ago, Sommanker said:

But there never was a toxic community on shika ;)

It is probably because you've been the only one who plays on Shika since 80s

This should boost dofus numbers a bit

http://forum.dofus.com/en/2-general-discussion/325604-we-re-building-up-steam?poid=1321832

Ok everyone, I have some bad news, and some slightly good news.

The bad news is that a technical issue arose today that is forcing us to push back the Steam release to Monday, November 7.

The slightly better news is that if all goes well, we might be able to activate the Community Hub for the game before the weekend. If we can, it will allow you to share the game with your friends, and add it to your Steam wishlist so you receive a notification the moment that it's available!

We deeply apologize for this delay. I know it's a bit of a bummer, but this should be the final bump in the road before we reach the end of this long journey!

Just one final FYI, we are planning to release the game on Steam in the morning, California time. This means that it will be released in the evening, Paris time. I mention that so you don't have to spend Monday reloading the website!

4 people like this

Thanks, Grave! And i cri

2 people like this

On 11/3/2016 at 2:01 PM, Izmar said:

Thanks, Grave! And i cri

@Izmar Please share crow emote =[

8 minutes ago, wot said:

@Izmar Please share crow emote =[

Y'know... you make a good point, wot. You've reminded me that I wanted to talk to someone about that...

2 people like this

Just now, Izmar said:

Y'know... you make a good point, wot. You've reminded me that I wanted to talk to someone about that...

Hope that 'someone' can make that emote available to the INT community :')

2 people like this

Let the hype begin anew.

(oh dang, kaitah's art isn't showing in my sig :<)

Edited by Snarkles

On 11/4/2016 at 3:56 PM, Izmar said:

plez golden hisps for eng community eventz

Possibly a 'Make International Servers Great Again' Hat or shield?

anyone noticed the option is only for windows, theres no linux or mac option?

Trying to tell your friends who quit dofus about dofus on steam be like:

im-telling-you-kp5iro.jpg

9 hours ago, greninja said:

plez golden hisps for eng community eventz

pls no

Went from 1hr left to: ff07b7653ad0de404d17c6673b0e2cae.png

Where you from?

Can't even see it listed in the store in UK