• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Announcements

• Rob

Include a selling / offering price   06/11/17

A reminder that all marketplace topics (with exception to Real Estate) should include either selling or offering price. Click Here.
240 posts in this topic

This is unexpected and great.

I still refuse to believe that Rushu has more active players than Eratz though.

9 hours ago, Tezar said:

You're maybe thinking of/heard of private servers such as Abrak etc

Nope, I was remembering this from 3 weeks ago. When there are double xp weekends for every server (like in new year) 1.29 servers also get it.

They got kwismas in 2015, too.

I've heard of Eratz getting kwistmas, but I was too busy last December to check for myself. I hope Izmar is wrong on this one.

They might have opened the servers with the condition that no more fun events would be allowed. Thinking about it, the servers were previously there as a necessity so having occasional events was the right thing to do. They're now just a luxury.

1 person likes this

Maybe I should start playing again got to 120 and gave it a break if English community comes back that is :D

Waw such nostalgia,

By the way if you guys experience any kind of glitches, bugs, lags, lack of music, undefined names, inaccessible servers, broken relationships, natural disasters, stds and/or similiar stuff just remember to...

Spoiler

1136979c13.png

Please excuse me while I subscribe and my hands get a bit sticky....

In other news, can someone please extract all audio files from this version and put them in a dropbox for us? Please

Edited by CAFATT

All the audio is encoded into flash files iirc. Most tools to extract it are not free, unfortunately.

Maybe someone has the experience to handle that request though.

Has anyone else had issues getting the Linux version installed on Ubuntu 16.10?

alright 1.29 is back, where are my old friends though :((

1 person likes this

priv me here if anyone is in english guild ;-;

Hey guys if anybody wants to lvl with me or need help I'm makin new account and can help with old one just pm me in game Azmorea :D

i have no idea what server I am on, but my character name is same name as my forum name here so add me....or don't.

set ur thingy in Spanish and it'll show u what it is go on Eratz and add me (: Azmorea 

The laggs must be taken care of. They are gamebreaking.

3 people like this

Ankama's response to that has been "deal with it."

Well they've already mentioned that there will be no mods and fixes for those 1.29 servers so seriously, deal with it

Ankama are the worst if they don't care about the stability of their servers, though I'm still not convinced that the lag is caused by players. If it is, it's an outright DDoS, because it was WORSE than this about a month ago, and then became fine again. Even before then, there were the same number of bots running around as there are real players right now, and bots cause far more network traffic than real players. If it was caused by players, it would not be spiking like it is. It would just be consistently delayed. It may even be a drive failure because of how long backups have been taking recently.

There's also the fact that Ankama clearly did put some kind of maintenance into effect on these servers, as they routinely banned proxy servers. I know this for a fact, because HMA went from full availability, down to 1 working server by the end of my year sub.

There's also the lie(?) about seasonal events not happening on 1.29, because just earlier this year I received the valentines gift that you have to assign to a specific character, and yet they make it sound like that doesn't happen on these servers. There have also been Kwismas presents floating around, but I can't personally verify whether or not that happened last december or whether someone had just been hoarding them.

Overall, it's amazing that they have actually opened these up for people to enjoy again, but it pisses me off that they're so pessimistic and uncaring, just because they think 2.0 is the bees knees, and refuse to accept that maybe they their updates DON'T actually go over well with their customer base. It's insulting to be told what you like and don't like as a customer.

Sincerely, someone who has already been playing on Eratz for a year and 2 months.

1 person likes this

In all the letters to the community and stuff they say how they just wanna create a universe that people will love as much as they do, and they literally have it there. I get how much time etc has gone into upgrading to Dofus 2, but you'd think they'd just be happy people were playing their game.

I think I read somewhere a few months ago that Jagex were a bit salty because old school runescape had more players than runescape 3...

3 people like this

Izmar said that the servers aren't even at the half capacity. They just don't care.

Seriously, Ankama is probably the most disrespectful company to their customers, that I have ever seen. Feeding their ego with 2.0 (which I even tolerated before the UI change, I don't know what it is anymore) is more important to them than the money. They just won't listen to their customers, no matter what. A company ran by egomaniacs, with minds of 12 year-olds.

omg how hard is it to understand you're an outdated server not a special snowflake ankama literally does not and will not give a fuck about how this server runs

On 25/10/2016 at 11:02 PM, Gravestorm said:

A trip back in time...

... that has no future!
In fact, this retro version of DOFUS is a bit like trying to revive a Pandawa the morning after Saint Potrick's, so don't expect too much! Since this version is frozen in time, there are certain services it doesn't offer: 

• No support (except in very specific cases)
  • No updates
  • No services (like color changes, server transfers, etc)
  • No recurring in-game events like Kwismas, Vulkania, and Al Howin (and therefore no special events either)
  • Error messages and bugs that are still there and will stay there forever, perserved like a Moskito in amber.
  • Subscription gifts cannot be sent to the 1.29 server (but they can still be sent to the current version of the game)

To be brief, this internet re-release is simply a small token for our more nostalgic members who want to wander misty-eyed through the World of Twelve of their younger days. But that's it! So, if you want to have an enjoyable game experience on these servers, it's up to you to take care of them.

Edited by Coopers
6 people like this

3 minutes ago, Coopers said:

omg how hard is it to understand you're an outdated server not a special snowflake ankama literally does not and will not give a fuck about how this server runs

Except that in order to access the server you need to pay them a subscription that goes towards... I wonder.

Edited by InsertNameHere

Not saying they -should- care, just that I don't understand why they don't :P

edit: For the record, I do not, and probably will not, play on this server. For those that want to though, I understand their frustrations ^^

Edited by Hyrules-Defence