• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Announcements

• Rob

Include a selling / offering price   06/11/17

A reminder that all marketplace topics (with exception to Real Estate) should include either selling or offering price. Click Here.
240 posts in this topic

You wanted it? Well, here it is! The old version of DOFUS, the infamous Version 1.29, as specially requested by some of our more nostalgic players, is now available to all subscribers.

587789.jpg

As you may know, there are already two 1.29 servers, Eratz and Henual, that, until now, have been reserved for the Hispanic community.

Historically, we kept them so we wouldn't be unfairly disadvantaging our Latin American players, whose computers may not necessarily have been able to keep up with the performances required to enjoy DOFUS 2.0 to the fullest.

Now, we have decided to open these servers to all our communities, on one condition: you must be subscribed.

But... why?

The desperate pleas of our more nostalgic players got the better of us! If we were going to bring back Version 1.29, we decided we might as put it face to face with our new update, which represents one of the biggest changes in the game's interface and design to be seen in many years: Update 2.36!

We hope this will show our most dedicated players that we have really, REALLY improved over the years. We understand this desire to return to a simpler time, to once again get caught up in this blast from the past... but you may be deeply disappointed to discover that you've been looking at the past through rose-tinted glasses.

In fact, this release will prove definitively to anyone having doubts that it wasn't better before, but that... it was good at the time.

This decision was also taken in the best interest of our communities, both in terms of equality and security. As some countries still need to access these servers, we've decided to offer the same opportunity to all our players, without them having to resort to using a VPN and, in doing so, risking the security of their account.

01-login-v1.jpg01-login-v2.jpg

02-arrivee-incarnam-v1.jpg02-arrivee-incarnam-v2.jpg

04-sortie-incarnam-v1.jpg04-sortie-incarnam-v2.jpg

08-foret-abraknydes-v1.jpg08-foret-abraknydes-v2.jpg

A trip back in time...

... that has no future!
In fact, this retro version of DOFUS is a bit like trying to revive a Pandawa the morning after Saint Potrick's, so don't expect too much! Since this version is frozen in time, there are certain services it doesn't offer: 

• No support (except in very specific cases)
  • No updates
  • No services (like color changes, server transfers, etc)
  • No recurring in-game events like Kwismas, Vulkania, and Al Howin (and therefore no special events either)
  • Error messages and bugs that are still there and will stay there forever, perserved like a Moskito in amber.
  • Subscription gifts cannot be sent to the 1.29 server (but they can still be sent to the current version of the game)

To be brief, this internet re-release is simply a small token for our more nostalgic members who want to wander misty-eyed through the World of Twelve of their younger days. But that's it! So, if you want to have an enjoyable game experience on these servers, it's up to you to take care of them.

How do you access them?

If you run into problems or have any questions, please read the FAQ on the DOFUS forum.

Click here to download the game.

Edited by Gravestorm
6 people like this

YES, tldr BUT FINALLY

edit:

7drHiqr.gif

edit2:

B> hammer skill

Edited by Horxy
4 people like this

The important thing to know is that it's a time capsule server, no moderation, no updates, no bug fixes, no services, everything stays just as it was.

3 people like this

lmao damn wheres that quote that Ankama have spammed on the OF every time someone asked for 1.29 servers for the past 6-7 years

Edited by Tamamo-no-Mae
2 people like this

I love that 1.29 is back, but it would be nice if the client worked and we could play :P I can understand it takes time though; so I shall wait.

15 minutes ago, Tamamo-no-Mae said:

lmao damn wheres that quote that Ankama have spammed on the OF every time someone asked for 1.29 servers for the past 6-7 years

Ah yes, thanks for the reminder, I need to update that thread! We've taken care of quite a few things on that list of FAQs...

3 people like this

Just now, Izmar said:

Ah yes, thanks for the reminder, I need to update that thread! We've taken care of quite a few things on that list of FAQs...

I believe there are a few others in other subforums but that's the first that comes to mind.

1 person likes this

I was under the impression that 1.29 servers did get kwismas. They also get double xp bonuses, but not profession xp bonuses.

4 minutes ago, ElMatematico said:

I was under the impression that 1.29 servers did get kwismas. They also get double xp bonuses, but not profession xp bonuses.

Even if the content is technically available, events will not be activated on the 1.29 servers. That's part of the downside of living in a time capsule.

Is it actually playable as of now? it seems to not like me.

9426dd5cd789549572e3b239a8256f9c.png

That's another down side. If the servers are full, they're full. Today, they're full... of hype. ^^'

5 people like this

Yeah, I made an account on "Undefined" server but it looks like it was Eratz or something (because you dont sell x36 dagger skill after 1h of opening ;-;). It has 5-10x more people than Rosal ^^

Edited by Horxy
1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Izmar said:

That's another down side. If the servers are full, they're full. Today, they're full... of hype. ^^'

That seems quite discouraging if we can't even log in :[

Give it a little time. These servers have been open for years with a relatively small population, but today, they have the full attention of several communities, including two that are double or quadrupedal the size of Pangea. Everyone wants to take a peek at the past.

But this is part of the experience. The servers have not been unlocked to the rest of the communities to provide a smooth and polished gameplay session. They were unlocked because so many of you asked for a chance to try the old version again, to relieve happy memories of the past. It's a bit like a museum in that way. If the Louvre is full, all you can do is decide if you want to stand in that line, or do something else that day.

1 person likes this

A playable Mac version would be great, too. Or a link to one that works.

That's completely true, and I wouldn't mind waiting another day (or few) to walk through the Louvre, as long as I could see it :P. The hype for 1.29 must be unreal over all of the communities so I hope that everyone can have their turn in their own time. I'm so happy you guys have decided to release it again. I miss hunting for Dofuses through dungeons! :P

time to come back

3 people like this

5 minutes ago, KingSedona said:

time to come back

Plz no, 1 ginger is enough

1 person likes this

It's good to see that Ankama's been showing some interest in what the players want lately.

And no more people complaining about the new interface hurray!

1 person likes this

Donde esta international server

18 minutes ago, wot said:

Plz no, 1 ginger is enough

don't think banned players can talk on behalf of the community ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 person likes this

I'm like: totally hard right now.

2 people like this

45 minutes ago, Goatee said:

A playable Mac version would be great, too. Or a link to one that works.

http://download.dofus.com/dofus1/mac/ (the last / is important, the link doesn't work without it)

So which server is which? Mine don't have names.

I just picked the top one tbh