• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kiba

Digimon Adventure Tri anyone?

For those that didn't know, a third season of the original Digimon Adventure (with Tai, Agumon, and the rest) has been coming out slowly over the past months. They're being released as feature-length movies in Japan and being brought subbed to Crunchyroll right after. It's targeting the demographic of kids that were watching Digimon at ages like 6-9 or so way back when (so early-mid twenties folks today), so the tone of the series is way more serious and dramatic and a departure from the (mostly) fun and spirited old series but done very well.  This new series also features all new, really great digivolution sequences (which are in *glorious* HD) and gorgeous fight sequences.

A dub is on the way but not available for streaming yet, unless you can find a movie theatre bootleg in that part of the internet.

Please watch this if you haven't and discuss because I have so many feelings and things to say.

The plot is also whoa and what the fuck and WHAT THE FUCK, and crying sometimes.

I watched the first four episodes and even though the art is great, I can't get over how bad the episodes have been. I couldn't get hooked on it at all, maybe I should try to watch a little bit more. It felt like a generic anime to me, with annoying characters and fan service. But the theme song is top tier. 

Tbh the characters are a lil bit weird because you're supposed to have your nostalgia goggles cranked to 11.

It's really assuming you've watched at least the original Digimon Adventure at least somewhat recently, and the second series of it for added context.

I suspect some of the generic behavior is kinda on purpose too because there's certainly an element of characters rediscovering their unique characteristics as they had to in the original series

I used to like Digimon when I was a kid and I still enjoy playing the RPGs on ps1/ps2... they're decent. Oh and I can still jam to this this too.  

I heard about it and have my reservations because one, I want to keep the memory of the show/game that a grew up with untarnished and two, I don't like Anime and hear it was more like an Anime this time around so I'll wait until everything finishes coming out and read what the critics say before making the dive into it but overall I'm pretty excited for the reboot? Look forward to hear what y'all think of it so far.

Edited by anthonyclark
grammer/spelling

I saw it, thought of watching but idk, I watched Digimon Tamers, Frontier, Adventure Zero, the normal Digimon like 6 years ago lol, been more into Pokémons since then but might give it a try