• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Announcements

• Rob

Server Merge and Changes to Imps Village   04/30/17

The old server sections will still be viewable at the bottom of the forum list under Legacy Servers, but read only. If you wish for any thread to be moved to the new sections, please report your own thread to bring it to our attention and tell us where you need it to go.
ellabella

Issues with the new update

As the official forum doesn't allow me to post anything (the text box contains a message that a webpage cannot be loaded and that's it), I will write my thoughts here.

First of all, by far the most importantly, Ankama needs to give players back the option of switching to the beige theme. My eyes are not the best and the black/neon green combination really hurts them, as in I see loads worse after just half an hour of Dofus. Besides, and it's a scientifically proven fact, black text on white background is far more easily read than the other way round. When I have Impsvillage open on the side, I can read it just fine while I have to lean in to see the chat on Dofus, and the shrift is smaller on Imps. We don't want Dofus to be accused of deliberately compromising its players' eyesight, do we?

Secondly, the tooltip system is driving me insane. I raise pets, and feeding them has become a nightmare. Before update you would click on something in your inventory and it stayed clicked - there remained a marker around the cell in your inventory, so you didn't lose count which pet had already been fed and which hadn't. Also, any item in the inventory that you clicked on was shown in the space below your equipment layout, which helped a lot with keeping count of whether a pet had gained a stat with the latest feeding or not. Now I have to repeatedly hover above the pets to see if there is any change or not. That is if I have memorised the stat beforehand. EACH AND EVERY TIME. Feeding my zoo has gone from five minutes to twenty minutes. I am beyond frustrated.

Thirdly, I was trying to put one of my maxed pets up for sale today and nearly decided to NPC all the pets I'm raising right now. Tooltips are crowding my screen even when I'm only hovering over the prices. It's not helping me, honestly. It's quite the reverse.

Last but not least by a long shot, the option of rearranging the interfaces made me clear the game cache FULLY after only maybe half an hour of playing. The boxes started jumping around on my screen. Literally. And either the chat box has become smaller or letter size has become bigger but text seems to be rolling by without giving me a chance of reading it. And no, I do not want to drag it bigger upwards, it covers the map that way.

I do like that there are new quests and mobs and things to do in the otherwise half-empty Cania areas. But if aforementioned issues impair that gaming experience, it barely balances out.

2 people like this

They already said that new themes are in the works. Not just beige, but you'd have the option of choosing any coloured theme you like. So I guess we just have to be patient about that! 

They also said they're aware of the smaller text issues and are working on it. 

In the FAQ they said that they'll reintroduce the information tool tip thing for items (the box is already there, it's just empty). 

Don't know about the rest of your problems, but just figured I'd share what I knew. :)

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, ellabella said:

I raise pets, and feeding them has become a nightmare. Before update you would click on something in your inventory and it stayed clicked - there remained a marker around the cell in your inventory, so you didn't lose count which pet had already been fed and which hadn't. Also, any item in the inventory that you clicked on was shown in the space below your equipment layout, which helped a lot with keeping count of whether a pet had gained a stat with the latest feeding or not. Now I have to repeatedly hover above the pets to see if there is any change or not. That is if I have memorised the stat beforehand.

The tooltip that appears when you hover over the pet (or any item) can be kept there by pressing shift while hovering over the pet (or any item), in case that helps until they fix stuff.

1 person likes this

Thank you for your kind answes :) Really hope things get fixed soon.

nah its fine, i didnt really want to be able to pass my turn sfpPVYE.png?1

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, Tezar said:

dofus is trying to tell you something

1 person likes this

loljk i dont have a spell bar now either

CJ6j2go.png?1

1 person likes this

its been a while and my memory's a tad foggy but this lag is nearly as bad as the days of 1.19 when people would do ratting in sewers.

Okay, and now my spell bar is stuck at the top of the page, i can move it from side to side but not back to the bottom, send help ^_^

Reset interface in options x-D

3 minutes ago, Jappar said:

Reset interface in options x-D

What an absolute nightmare ^_^

That's exactly what happened to me yesterday. Also, starting cells wouldn't appear, the pass button disappears, spells show I can't use them but next turn they show I've cast them and they are on cooldown, mobs stay put after being long dead, fight line-up stays on my screen after fight is over... That's all from tonight's session of playing. Again clear cache. Luckily only a partial clear this time.

imagine if ankama actually tested an update before putting it into the game ^___________________________^ the amount of times after a fight i had to relog because my entire interface was suddenly at the top of my screen and my char wouldnt load on the map is to damn high

Edited by Astrology

Turns out shift + double clicking the spell bar moves it back down

Someones probably already posted that somewhere but oh well ^_^

1 person likes this

On 9/22/2016 at 8:47 PM, Tezar said:

Similliar thing happened to me during yesterday's koth, i entered a spect and I couldnt leave it so I had to wait like 10 minutes till the fight finishes :D

As of yesterday I discovered that it's hazardous to join a spec of any fight. Namely, there is no option of leaving spec. I thought it would be fixed in today's update, but no. So right now I'm stuck in a Count Harebourg fight spec. The

Also, none of the abovementioned issues (except the jumping boxes on the screen) have been fixed in any way. Not the black theme, not the infuriating tooltips.

12 minutes ago, ellabella said:

As of yesterday I discovered that it's hazardous to join a spec of any fight. Namely, there is no option of leaving spec. I thought it would be fixed in today's update, but no. So right now I'm stuck in a Count Harebourg fight spec. The

Also, none of the abovementioned issues (except the jumping boxes on the screen) have been fixed in any way. Not the black theme, not the infuriating tooltips.

69bdb43caabdb82ca404a5368f50b70e.png

it's in a weird place

2 people like this

Good god.

Thanks for the reply :)

Well, as a matter of fact, the fights that i've spectated after reading this reply have shown no presence of a cross anywhere like the one you showed. So no, there still isn't one. Weird.

19 minutes ago, ellabella said:

Well, as a matter of fact, the fights that i've spectated after reading this reply have shown no presence of a cross anywhere like the one you showed. So no, there still isn't one. Weird.

Mines exactly the same, i find it impossible to pay attention to a fight if I can't activate tactical mode which is when I realised I didn't have that box either; I don't have the box rob has shown above with the teams total hp & tactical mode/leave spec mode, so you're not the only one! 

it's a toggleable option in settings, do you even play this game Adam?

- yes it's a stupid place to put it, but at least it's there.

If you have the option to atomatically see whoever's turn stats enabled, then you can't access the button, or the other 3 for that matter. You need to disable this option (at least it can be done via right click instead of being forced to do it from the options menu).

I cant find the option to turn off those final blows animataion, where is it? xD

in da spells tab

*ankama logic*

2 people like this

On ‎8‎.‎12‎.‎2016 at 6:26 PM, ElMatematico said:

If you have the option to atomatically see whoever's turn stats enabled, then you can't access the button, or the other 3 for that matter. You need to disable this option (at least it can be done via right click instead of being forced to do it from the options menu).

As Rob already mentioned, this is INCREDIBLY stupid. Why the hell would I spec a fight if it isn't to really see what is happening? And that includes knowing people's current stats instead of how long the game has lasted. Stupid stupid stupid.

And the tooltip nightmare hasn't been fixed either.

I feel a rant coming on soon.

1 person likes this