• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
rokitur

World of warcraft question

I played for about 6 months back in 2009, and wanted to dabble a bit.  As far as subscription is concerned, are tokens similar to ogrines? 

If so,  Dofus economy makes it easy to sub for kamas.  Would I have a hard time buying these tokens with gold?  I believe one month sub is about 38k gold. 

Go Dofus or go home!

If you are max level, then it is not that hard to gather the gold to pay for the subscription. You have  a lot of options to get gold, and just by leveling from  100-110 on the latest expansion, you get around 10k. Dungeons, gathering, class hall missions, professions etc all give you gold. You can also solo older raids, they have a weekly lockout but you can do it on several characters, and get around 5k gold if you run the ones which give you the best gold (and they are extremely easy to solo).

The only thing is, as I mentioned, this is easy if you are max level. If you will start fresh, or with a lower level character, chances are you will be paying for the first couple of months until you reach 110.

On EU it's about 70k gold for this token... Also since they increased the gold cap to 10mil, I believe it might be easier to make gold now then before. For example, my friend made over 200k in 2-3 days just from mining.

btw. Anyone playing on EU?

Edited by SlutOfAstrub

On 9/16/2016 at 11:01 AM, SlutOfAstrub said:

On EU it's about 70k gold for this token... Also since they increased the gold cap to 10mil, I believe it might be easier to make gold now then before. For example, my friend made over 200k in 2-3 days just from mining.

btw. Anyone playing on EU?

To be fair it's the start of the expac and Raid Relevant gathering professions in uncharted territory will always make a premium. I for instance deposited about old goldcap worth of Leystone and Felslate to my Guilds bank for Prospecting (Gotta get the Raiders them Gems son).
I then sold about 500k worth of Felslate literally just mining 2 small caves and using Serverhop to reset the nodes lol .

Both of which were done in under  10 hours.

That was week 1.

This week the same felslate that was selling for 100g each low ball, is now selling 50g each at the higher end to give perspective.

Another factor regarding the economy is that we are coming off of a Garrison bloated economy. I for one was printing money in my garrison on 7 alts literally just playing facebook games (Follower Missions). When I wasn't doing that I was doing the Primal Shuffle to circumvent daily cooldowns on crafts to mass produce Hexweave Essence and other similar item upgrades and selling them for a profit in bulk daily. Mind you each one sold for 10-25k dependent on which stage it was  (Greater etc.) And I wasn't a lone in doing this. These were all accepted simple, cookie cutter money making methods in Warlords of Draenor. If you didn't get out of WoD with atleast 1 gold cap you were doing it wrong. Like really really really wrong.

Then theres the stuff Excudo mentioned like running Heroic 25 man Cata Raids every week. Back then they were worth 7-8k for doing all of them weekly per toon (they got nerfed to 5k in Legion). I did those every week on all of my capped toons (10 at the time,I just had garrison set up for only 7 due to diminishing returns on Missions). So that was an extra 70-80k a week for literally walking to a dungeon and 1 shotting everything.

This is all before we even get into the subject of playing the Auction House, Selling Heroic/Mythic Raid runs (mounts, gear etc.). So long story short everyone is and should be rich af right now. 

Roki. As Excudo pointing out if you get to level cap It's really not that hard to make money. WoW sort of just throws it at you. 
Depending on how you want to experience the game you can actually get to 85-90 in about 14-16 hours of grinding if you have a friends and Heirlooms. I can post my dungeon list for where to go to get power leveled.

If you never have played a toon from 1-110 though I honestly suggest you give it a shot. It is actually pretty fun and it doesn't take that long (like 2-3 days tops if you are really into it).
There is also the Refer a Friend option which will give you bonus experience and other rewards if you want to expedite the process with a friend etc.