• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
CAFATT

Osamodas Revamp

179 posts in this topic

We've known for awhile that this is happening, with announcements and such. But Ankama just posted a video on youtube about how they're going about it and showing very early stages of gameplay.

Looks pretty cool. But doesn't make me want to come back to the game 

Sorry, i no longer know how to use these forums as the format has changed and its a pain in the a** to learn

Edited by CAFATT
1 person likes this

it actually looks like we have 4 elements instead? with prespic being fire and wyrm being water?

NVM, video said they decided to go to 3 afterward

Edited by Super-Beast

That was only what they were originally going to make. He says in the video that they scrapped the prespic elemental path to focus on more summon based spells. 

apparently summons don't disappear when you transform into that kind of creature

Sad that whip is in fact linear. No LoS nonlinear pushing with air whip would have been so good. The fire build seems completely uninteresting, unbewitch is still in the red wyrmling so its an exaggeration to say that heals and unbewitch are the focus of int osas. Whip heals allies but is linear, the rest of the heals are indirect (attacking enemies, through wyrmling when it attacks, killing wyrmlings).

At least in one development stage, becoming a tofu master reduces your HP. In the version Briss tested in the end, his HP didn't go down. Pretty sure they'll put the HP and lock malus in the beta.

the 3 branches

For Tofu

All Tofus next to him gain mp

Damage of Tofu depends on osa air damage

And vit on osa vit

When he transforms osa gains MPs

And dodge

But when he becomes normal again he loses vit and lock a %

Whip - pushes X places around tofu and causes X damage

Summoning of tofu - gains damage every turn and removes lock from enemy

High mp

Low vit

Black tofu - pushes enemies increases damage per turn

Less mp then normal but more resi

Flying with wings ?- change place with tofu which dies causes damage around an area depending on caster Agi

Plum able - causes X damage depending on how many summoned tofu u have and reduces resi max 5

?- on ally gives mp on enemy reduces lock and causes damage

So this transformation can be used as a fake panda and buff mp and push 

For Gobball

All summons gain an hp buff

Gobs gain vit and damage depending on caster stats

Caster gains vit and lock but looses 1mp And dodge

Whip - causes X damage and attracts enemies around gob

Summoning of gob is he same still applies grav

Black gob - same as white but reduces dodge and doesn't apply grav

Spell on the bottom left corner without name - all gobs or u cast it on one gob (not too sure) become unmovable and invulnerable but they don't live more then 1 turn

Crackler punch - area damage and reduces power

Doesn't damage gobs

Last spell - reduces damage of enemy and causes damage

On ally boosts lock and vit

According to what I understand it cannot be used on gobs

Wyrmling/Dragon branch

heal bonus, damage/power penalty

while in dragon mode

wyrmlings get a int fire dmg bonus bonus while dragon mode

Whip hits enemies in fire and heal allies

whip splash heal around dragon when targeting the wyrm

wyrm summon appears the same

new summon is black dragon which hits enemies and heal allies nearby, maybe like how chance eniripsas heal?

unknown spell(looks like boowolf image)- sacrifice the dragon to heal allies in proximity

unknown spell(looks like kwak beak image)- fire damage is inflicted on target if black dragon also splash heal while hitting that target (similar to maybe how chakra concentration works?

last spell( no image)- does fire damage to enemies and apparently put the target in a state that gives heals to allies who attack the target as well.

on target, it gives AP?

Edited by Super-Beast
2 people like this

They based this so much on Wakfu that they even use the Wakfu osa spell icons in the video...

wow

I mean, I know they are placeholders, but still.

*prays that int is still good*

Edited by Sommanker

oh for bloomings heck sake. i just relearned how to play my enirispa. now they changing my osa.

Bout freaking time, hopefully Beta goes live next week..

I was hoping that we'd get more info about the summons. It seems like they didn't improve their dmg or didn't change it yet.

does that mean that no more full hp/ress osa fag build? pls

1 person likes this

u still have fegca/saids ^_____^

jk top classes c:

https://www.twitch.tv/dofusofficiel/v/85606245

some interesting spells, but whats pretty awesome is how much hp these summons have.

red wyrmling when buffed and linked, does like 900 dmg o.o

omg big tofu when buffed did 1700 dmg o.OOOO

Edited by Super-Beast
1 person likes this

inb4 "pls nerf osas" xd

that's some rediculous changes :o the only thing i missed, did that guy have like +7 or +8 summons to be able to spam that many tofuses?

yes

Looks decent, hopefully I didn't lvl my osa to 200 just to abondon her.

Even for a player who has completely lost interest in this game, the Osa revamp peaks my interest after watching that twitch stream. Sadly my highest osa is like 125 and im not changing my eca.

I can't wait to see Fog/Osa Kolo teams. The new High-Energy Shot on the Harpooner is gonna be nasty.

6 hours ago, CAFATT said:

Even for a player who has completely lost interest in this game, the Osa revamp peaks my interest after watching that twitch stream. Sadly my highest osa is like 125 and im not changing my eca.

I would think anything over 100 is ideal because you have access to every skill, not includeing the dopple summon.

EDIT: Just remembered why not just class switch during the beta with your eca, it's practically free.

Edited by anthonyclark
n/a

After watching all that stream, I'm a bit concerned.

Except for High energy shot, all spells have short to medium non-boostable range.

The support role is strongly nerfed. There are no ways to increase allies' damage or decrease damage taken. Bear cry, fangs, the wyrmling's side effect, toad and the crackler's side effect are gone and didn't translate to any new spell. There's -150 power in AoE from Crackler punch, but it's not comparable. High energy shot, feline movement and natural defense now exist as attacks that cost 3 AP. Duration of the AP bonus is decreased to 2 turns.

It seems they scrapped the mechanics where wipping a tofu/gobball/wyrm would push/pull/heal around them.

From their previous description, I thought air build would be the best, but it's too gimmicky. There's only one "normal" spell, 2 if you count whip in air mode.

Whip is disappoinging. Damage comparable to leek pie, linear, 8 range, some of the proposed side effects are apparently gone, requires line of sight in air mode unlike in the spoilers.

On the plus side:

Summons seem more useful/viable now. They took a more "disposable" approach to them with, lower AP costs, low cooldowns, bad resistances and 5 spells that kill them for effects.

There's a fire spell that basically changes any attack over the affected enemy into a life steal.

Summoning a tofu for 3 AP, killing it for 2 AP and healing 60 HP in AoE is way better than 4 AP single target animal healing.

Better than the current nonexistant map manipulation. Controlling the fat tofu seems really useful if boosted.

The dodge and lock bonuses/penalties are very significative.

Did the video say when beta would come out?

Anyone got info about the Air build ? It looks like this build has a charged spell but not exactly sure how it works :/

And the video didn't say about Betas date but in two days I hope :(((

There is a 4 AP spell that has as many damage lines as tofus you've summoned (up to 5 damage lines). The guy in the stream did 1300 damage with it. The base damage is 9-10 at level 6, the range is 3-6 non-boostable linear, one cast per target per turn. It's nothing special. They only showed it with 6 tofus (which capped at 5 damage lines), but I hope it at least has the base 9-10 damage if there aren't any tofus.

The other air spells are the one that lets you kill a summon to swap places with it (3 AP, 20 damage around the starting and ending positions, 6 range non-boostable, 2 turn CD) and the one that gives 2 MP to allies and reduces 3 MP from enemies (4 AP, 1-5 range no LoS, 2 casts per target).

1 person likes this

Thank you very much.

Yeah,nothing so special about it. Might not revive my old Osa then,just gonna keep one I think.

But I REALLY hope they change spiritual leash. Current spell is so meh,I'd rather if they gave us a completely different spell..

Keep in mind that the beta server isnt even up so the spells might get more boosts (or nerfs) as soon as people play with them and give their feedback during the beta time.