• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Kyffles

Pokemon Go

87 posts in this topic

No bob, everytime you catch a pidgey you get 3 candies.

Edited by Veldin
1 person likes this

omg free candy ^____^

1 person likes this

Also it's 75,000 exp from 21 to 22... Who the hell knows why the exp is jumping by 25,000 per level post-20, soooo you're going to need a lot of evolution material ;)

I pretty much gave up playing for 4 days. It's so boring seeing the same 30 pokemon, I travel 20 miles in any direction and never see anything new. 

1 person likes this

I was sick so set it up on my computer. FakeGPS'd around Central Park for about 6 hours and got level 16. Playing legit in my city since release and I'm only 18.

mdr yesterday I pulled up on a random parking at 4AM with 4 friends (2 of my friends were vaping so it looked like we were hotboxing)

The police showed up, I put my window down and they're like: what are you doing here?

I replied with 'just catching some pokémon', she said ok and left hahaha

still not over this XD

PS: managed to collect 100 pokécoins, took down 14 gyms

4 people like this

How come all the impressive Pokemon appear when I'm at work and can't leave the office?

Yesterday a Blastoise and like 3 Magmars appeared, today an Onyx, Magmar, Scyther, Kicklee and a Lapras. And when I leave the office in the evening and actually hunt Pokemon nothing ever shows up. -.-

23 minutes ago, Goatee said:

Kicklee

That's a nice localization name lol

12 minutes ago, Sugared said:

God damnit. I keep saying the English names on the Pokemon because that's how I learned them and here in Germany people keep correcting me with the German localization. Of course I meant Hitmonlee.

Fuck this country :/

1 person likes this

31 minutes ago, Sugared said:

hey man kickmonlee is a good pokemon

2 hours ago, Veldin said:

mdr yesterday I pulled up on a random parking at 4AM with 4 friends (2 of my friends were vaping so it looked like we were hotboxing)

The police showed up, I put my window down and they're like: what are you doing here?

I replied with 'just catching some pokémon', she said ok and left hahaha

still not over this XD

PS: managed to collect 100 pokécoins, took down 14 gyms

#vapenation

9599886.jpg

3 people like this

:/ all i can find is rats and birds!

and the occasional pedo bears

everything else i got is via eggs

you know what..fuck you all.. i will create a 6 man team of 2000 CP pidgeys

will summon all 6 and take a fking dump on everyone .... literally.

EDIT:

2yobibk.png

hueheuhe, slowly but surely my army will be ready.

Edit2: Mommy when i grow up, i wanna become bird keeper bob...

FUCKKKK YEEEEE PIdggggegegeyyy

Edited by RadioactivePoison
1 person likes this

Man how does this shit game decide if I'm walking or not.Most of the time it's not even counting the distance I've walked. I try to hatch eggs but it's not really working :^)

1 person likes this

Found a Slowbro on my way to work. It ran away. It had 1033 CP.

But I found a Marowak and Hitmonchan on the train and hatched an egg with a Machop which I was able to evolve into a Machoke. And yesterday I found a Scyther and a Tentacool and an Electabuzz and found a Vulpix nest.

And I'm almost lvl 22 with 91 caught Pokemon.

Still, the Onyx from earlier this week and today's Slowbro will be missed. :(

52 minutes ago, bobeur said:

Man how does this shit game decide if I'm walking or not.Most of the time it's not even counting the distance I've walked. I try to hatch eggs but it's not really working :^)

Beats me, sometimes I only get like 4km registered when I walk 8km. And many times I've hatched eggs just by opening the game and browsing my collection or something, while standing still. I know that it doesn't measure actual steps but distance based on GPS. But it's point to point, not the actual route you took, so you get cheated a bit there. But 50%? I dunno. 

And the length traveled updates on eggs only every now and then. You may be stuck at 8,33km for a while and then it just randomly hatches.

Well I cycle to work everyday which is like 4km, to test I cycle a different speed (between 10km/h-25km/h) every km but nothing gets measured. Except yesterday a short 400m, but after that it stopped even though I kept the exact same speed for another 5 minutes or so.

Also, when I walked to the supermarket and back, it didn't count anything at all (it's like 400m both ways), I feel like I'm getting scammed here ^____^

Edited by bobeur
2 people like this

What my brother and I have realised is anything over 7MPH Won't be counted, if you lack GPS signal it'll either catch up your mileage at a later time which is why your eggs hatch at weird times, or it just won't be counted at all.  We very often sit at a pub which has two PokeStop's within range, which both get lured most of the day..which is where i caught this disappointment...IMG_0550.PNG

Yeah it's crazy how slow you have to travel for it to count your KMs. Sometimes I'll drive through the park on the way to/from work, hit the 8 pokestops there and leave. Usually do 10mph the entire way. Sometimes I'll get 0KMs, sometimes I'll get 1.5KMs towards my eggs... It's all how the server feels like functioning at that moment in time :(

Getting mostly birds, rats and weedles as well but on rare occasions i get something else ... right before my batery died i got me this guy today ... another cute looking 1

https://gyazo.com/1c071eeb5072454ad61872d902ad70ca

and yeah even on a bicycle you have to ride really, really slow to let some of the km count. So slow that u almost fall :)

It should record anything sub-20MPH. They're promoting walking, but walking is a TERRIBLE exercise. Cycling is so much better, and I cycle at over 15mph. It's just irritating :(

Tbh they're really promoting exploration of new areas and appreciating landmarks more than anything. Plus lures and Pokestop clusters aim for you to sit around the same place for awhile and hopefully socialize.

From what I've read, travel distance is calculated every 30 seconds or so in a straight line from your origin point to where you currently are. So if you do a lap around the block in the time it takes to do a distance calculation, you won't have moved at all.

To bad this game is made by a terrible company. Cant fix it? Delete it. pfff
Game had so much potential.

It's only a matter of time before the outrage either makes them up their game and put it back in, allowing it to function without crushing their servers, or people are just going to give up on it. Either way is fine with me. The game concept is so solid, and it could go so far if made/done correctly, but it's just as well if it dies out quick. I'm not emotionally invested in it yet lol

One update ruining your guys' opinions of a game??? It's one thing for Reddit, but we're all battle hardened MMO players here that have years of experience to be jaded when it comes to updates!

Anyway I'll be over here enjoying the fact that all of the animations smoothed out with that update too so I feel like I'm not playing on a toaster.