• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Announcements

• Rob

Include a selling / offering price   06/11/17

A reminder that all marketplace topics (with exception to Real Estate) should include either selling or offering price. Click Here.
Kyffles

Pokemon Go

87 posts in this topic

There's also a Pokemon GO Discord server if anyone's interested: https://discord.gg/0mLmyebI76YIzVP4

2 people like this

It became available in the US a few hours ago. I caught a bulbasaur in the tutorial, but I haven't caught anything else since that involves moving and I am fat and lazy. I'm excited about going into work tomorrow. My work office borders 5 or so landmarks that could be pokestops or gyms! Driving is going to be great. I'm definitely busting out my phone at stops, but I'll need to be very careful since, well, it is dangerous-ish and I'm sure there will be a spike in accidents tomorrow.

On a side note, there are some hilarious Pokemon Go pictures out there.

2 people like this

It looks like if you keep the app open, random Pokemon will start appearing near you, so you'll only need to travel to Pokestops to get balls, maybe it depends on the region though.

Team Valor!

Edited by Gravestorm

6 hours ago, Gravestorm said:

It looks like if you keep the app open, random Pokemon will start appearing near you, so you'll only need to travel to Pokestops to get balls, maybe it depends on the region though.

Team Valor!

I have been keeping it open unfortunately. They are nearby, but it shows 3 footprints, which means I have to walk or something. I'm using Android N, so it is possible that the battery "optimization" crap they threw in there are affecting it.

I've caught a Drowzee and Pidgey sitting here at my desk. It was rainy yesterday, so didn't go out. I'll hit 3 Pokestops near my house and a gym later when I walk my dog.

On 7/7/2016 at 0:35 PM, Lord-Tunder said:

I'll hit 3 Pokestops near my house and a gym later when I walk my dog.

I ended up walking my dog too! Unfortunately, she didn't want to go in the direction of the golem and arcanine :(

Saw ~10 people walking around with their phones and stopping at the pokestops haha

IMG_20160710_175554.JPG

1 person likes this

TEAM BLUE!!!!

this game is great lol

went out hunting 2 nights in a row, it's great meeting random people at 4AM lol

Clocked in at 26KMs yesterday, imma be able to run a marathon soon

TEAM BLUE!!

7 people like this

so far i got only 3[since yesterday] since i had to work around it to get it because its still not officially available in my country. Atleast not many people play it here haha. Tho worst thing about it people look at you like you are from Pluto when you run around the village with mobile in the hands [since nbdy even knows what are you doing]

2 minutes ago, Latakia said:

so far i got only 3[since yesterday] since i had to work around it to get it because its still not officially available in my country. Atleast not many people play it here haha. Tho worst thing about it people look at you like you are from Pluto when you run around the village with mobile in the hands [since nbdy even knows what are you doing]. Also my friend saw a mewtwo so i think ill go check it today if it is still there XD

It took a while for me to get it running on my old iPhone 4S but it's been "working" for the past 2 days. It keeps crashing way too often, I have to sign in over and over again if I'm unlucky and I get the message that the app was unable to get user data from the server.

But it's fun and I keep learning new things about it whenever I talk to friends about it.

It'd work way better if they had an oldschool Gameboy style mode. My iPhone can't handle all the 3D animations. AR is right out.

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, Goatee said:

It took a while for me to get it running on my old iPhone 4S but it's been "working" for the past 2 days. It keeps crashing way too often, I have to sign in over and over again if I'm unlucky and I get the message that the app was unable to get user data from the server.

But it's fun and I keep learning new things about it whenever I talk to friends about it.

It'd work way better if they had an oldschool Gameboy style mode. My iPhone can't handle all the 3D animations. AR is right out.

Maybe it's time for a new phone Cap???

Oh, it definitely is. But there's no money for a new phone.

pretty sure the company said you need a minimum of iphone 5 to play this, pat.

I'm aware that my phone isn't compatible. I wasn't so much complaining as reporting my experience with Pokemon Go so far.

I enjoy it. I wish it would work better on my phone or that I had a better phone.

It's a fun game all the same. :)

Started this morning, played a little bit @ work on my breaks. Just hit level 5. Found a Beedrill walking around, I was so excited.... 18 combat points. Why so weak :'( My fucking Weedles have more CP than that when I catch them!!!

you can "transfer" your weedles to professor in exchange for candies, in this case, u can exchange weedles for weedle candies which you can use to power up ur beedrill.

Would a Beedrill power up at a faster rate than say, a Psyduck? Psyduck I powered up 4 times for the hell of it, and he barely got any stronger. From 96 to 110. Would it be most time/cost effective to just evolve a strong Weedle (50+ CP) twice into a Beedrill, or spend 20k+ Stardust & 50 Weedle Candy just to power up the 18 CP Beedrill I just caught? Hmm

well frankly i wouldnt bother with beedrill unless they introduce mega beedrill to pokemon go.

But he's a classic! Super low health and high damage :D Granted I have no idea how battles function on Pokemon Go, as I haven't fought anything yet, I figure he would function similarly to that of the original games.

Just caught a 71 CP Rattata :D That made me happy! Tough little bugger

just walking casually home and i met this guy lTEd8vL.jpg

9 people like this