• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Announcements

• Rob

Include a selling / offering price   06/11/17

A reminder that all marketplace topics (with exception to Real Estate) should include either selling or offering price. Click Here.
Mikefield

How dead is Shika?

54 posts in this topic

After a 3-year hiatus I have been considering coming back for some time now. When I logged in, though, I found out that there are very few people around/online. Hence the question, how dead our server currently is? Which faction is more active nowadays (which sellrooms to use)?

Edited by Mikefield

Factions don't really matter anymore as you can freely enter both cities with potions and such, also sell rooms are now shared between the whole server so it doesn't matter which one you access.

Shika is dead for the most part and is not as active anymore.

Most of the people who used to be in Shika moved to Rushu

It's kind of annoying when people keep saying Shika is "dead". In my experience, it's not dead at all. It's very active. The difference is that it's now a smaller community, and in my opinion a lot nicer one too. Most of the drama queens left for Rushu long ago.

The reality is, it's harder to make kamas. Although some people still seem to be doing very well for themselves,. I can still sub a team of 8 using kamas/ogrines for 7 of them and only paying real money for one account.

Kolo only happens when people organise and motivate others to participate, because I think majority of people left on Shika aren't into PvP. Most of those who do like PvP are kinda waiting for the inter-server kolo to arrive in July.

I like Shika the way it is now, but understand some people don't like such a small community. If that's the case, then it's not for you. But, I wish people would stop calling it "dead", because it is not.

4 people like this

By the OP's standards he'll definitely see it as 'dead' though...

He hasn't played in 3 years, the population back then is incomparable to the population that's around now adays

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, Ultimate-Sensation said:

By the OP's standards he'll definitely see it as 'dead' though...

He hasn't played in 3 years, the population back then is incomparable to the population that's around now adays

I understand what you are saying. It's just a little insulting for people to keep saying it's "dead", when it clearly is not. It's quieter, that's the reality :)

1 person likes this

Personally I prefer how Shika is now compared to how it used to be, there's a lot less drama but still enough banter to keep things lively. Most of the server are in Cygni alliance though so unless you're part of Cygni you won't find many people to talk to unless you're hanging around Astrub Zaap.

Shika's population is definitely less than it was several years ago, but I'd say it's now more active than it was about a year ago when a large amount of players moved to Rushu, but it seems stupid to compare Rushu's population to Shika because it was always massively more populated, and with Shikan players moving to Rushu this just creates a bigger gap. Shika works nicely just the way it is, but the constant claims everywhere of it being dead just makes it more difficult for its population to grow.

If it helps to put things into perspective though, I've sold over 650mk of gear on Shika in under 2 months, so whilst everyone is claiming that Shika is dead and nothing sells, it clearly does if you put things up for sale at competitive enough rates.

2 people like this

i agree..shika is not DEAD

but rather a bit smaller.

I suggest you join Cygni, id say majority of the players are in this alliance, we have alot of active guilds here (confirm starbound no.1)

server is alot smaller, and there may be some new faces, but i think its quite a nice server.

you have more 10 stars and such.. making pvm alot easier

although kamas wise, might take longer to sell stuff, but it does sell at the end.

2 people like this

18 hours ago, Calix said:

It's kind of annoying when people keep saying Shika is "dead". In my experience, it's not dead at all. It's very active. The difference is that it's now a smaller community, and in my opinion a lot nicer one too. Most of the drama queens left for Rushu long ago.

The reality is, it's harder to make kamas. Although some people still seem to be doing very well for themselves,. I can still sub a team of 8 using kamas/ogrines for 7 of them and only paying real money for one account.

Kolo only happens when people organise and motivate others to participate, because I think majority of people left on Shika aren't into PvP. Most of those who do like PvP are kinda waiting for the inter-server kolo to arrive in July.

I like Shika the way it is now, but understand some people don't like such a small community. If that's the case, then it's not for you. But, I wish people would stop calling it "dead", because it is not.

To rate what is dead and what is not you have to move to another server and then compare them. Besides that, community is pretty bad. People that are left on Shika are people that already have own team and can do stuff on their own, as they used to do. If you wanna start playing again I'd recommend you to go to Rushu. It's more friendly server and way more populated. If you are looking for old people with no sense of humor, that got nothing better than being ''adult'' in an online game I'd recommend you going to Shika.

Edited by International-Stuff

18 hours ago, Calix said:

I understand what you are saying. It's just a little insulting for people to keep saying it's "dead", when it clearly is not. It's quieter, that's the reality :)

It is not insulting. If you have seen, the thread name is ''How dead is Shika?'' so according to thread name we gave an answer. Also you have to be blind to say it's insulting calling that server dead and saying it's clearly not dead. I guess you have a different definition for ''dead server''. These are two things you're checking on every server before you rate is it dead or not:
- Population
- Economy
Shika's current status is that it has very low population, and as I said before people aren't friendly and they are not willing to help some solo player. About economy... I won't even say anything on that theme because I think I'd get warning point for ''insulting''. But seriously, do you know what Catseye Die is even? Maybe Vortex Wing? Queen of Thieves Embroidery?

1 person likes this

how is shika active when I went there and I only found 4 afk ppl at astrub zaap? went to bonta to look thro market and there weren't even any qot items etc.

I understand that you can't accept the fact that the golden days of Shika over...but seriously.

1 person likes this

Why hello.

@Xentra hi Mark

1 person likes this

As an ex-Shikan, I'm sorry to break it to you but the server that we loved so much a few years ago is gone. No people at all at -2,0 at any given time, markets which are practically empty compared to other real servers, zero kolossium battles, merchant maps which are completely barren, no trade/recruit messages at all except for the usual bot; these are some reasons why Shika is dead and it will never return to its good days in which it used to flourish.

Having said that, the community there is better than that of Rushu and I'll tell you why. Since so many people moved to Rushu, Shika was left with a handful of players and because of this, the community is very sociable, accepting and friendly. Whenever people cross paths with each other on Shika, they both say hello and most of the time become friends. On Rushu, people don't even flinch at the sight of another player. The point being is that the population of Shika has dwindled so much to the point that it's actually a rare occurrence to see another player, which is inherently, a good thing as people are more close to one another.

@Mikefield You have to evaluate what you want from your return to this game. If you want to chill out and run the occasional dungeon with old friends (if they haven't quit or moved like most have done), then Shika offers the most laid-back option (although providing p2p to alts is almost impossible since the markets are almost useless). But if you'd like a challenge, be it PvP or PvM, I'd suggest you to join Rushu, where you'll have access to the best-of-the-best gear and obviously a greater chance to mix with people. If you do join Rushu, make sure to drop a pm my way and I'll be glad to welcome you. :) 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Bukkakeisbackbaby said:

That damn Cooper's and his retched trannymovement killed Shika

sue him

i will see all you fuckers in space court

8 people like this

3 hours ago, Coopers said:

sue him

i will see all you fuckers in space court

I should do, pretty sure there was a 1bk bet to see how much of ST would come to rushu.

On 6/29/2016 at 2:40 AM, International-Stuff said:

To rate what is dead and what is not you have to move to another server and then compare them. Besides that, community is pretty bad. People that are left on Shika are people that already have own team and can do stuff on their own, as they used to do. If you wanna start playing again I'd recommend you to go to Rushu. It's more friendly server and way more populated. If you are looking for old people with no sense of humor, that got nothing better than being ''adult'' in an online game I'd recommend you going to Shika.

Wow... I think I know whether it is dead or not. I log in every day. There is always people on, and Alliance chat is very active. People are often group up to do things, and we opened Kralove just a few days ago and it took mere minutes compare to how long it used to take when it was more populated.

Why do you think the "community it pretty bad"? I don't understand what you mean by this, can you clarify? We've already discussed the differences between Shika and busier servers. Such as a lack of pvp, but I don't think this makes the community bad. Infact, the community is closer now that we don't have so much pvp, which in my opinion was tearing the community apart. 

There are still solo players on Shika, many of them find groups to join and have no trouble getting help with harder quests. 

I don't even know how to respond to your comment about Shika being for "old people with no sense of humor". That's clearly just a troll comment. And I guess that's why you posted here. And that is why our community is nicer, we have less trolls.. and the one's we do don't last, because they're not tolerated.

I'm not going to bother to respond to anymore of your comments, you're just trolling and that's boring.

1 person likes this

We don't have AvA or dimension gear and I'm pretty sure Grozilla and Grasmera will never be opened again. We do have good people - it'll just be hard to do something if you're solo. 

2 people like this

tbh no one wants to open grozilla and grasmera cause apart from some silly achievements, noting else to  gain xD

kralove we did it so fast cause people want that ochre haha

i agree on dimension gear tho, theres some players in starbound who can beat those dungeons, but they often use the gear for themselves.

Thank you for all the answers people! I didn't mean to start any drama but well, that's what Shika lives for though, right? (Just noticed that we have more posts than any other server subforum).

I am back and playing with my team of 5. It's been really fun so far, people are nice, agreeable and very interactive considering the numbers. I guess I will stay on Shika. See you in game!

3 people like this

Part of Shikas charm is the lack of people in the server.

Enjoy it Mike.

Xentra, you're still around?

"Shika. Hey, atleast it's not Zatoishwan."