• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Announcements

• Rob

Include a selling / offering price   06/11/17

A reminder that all marketplace topics (with exception to Real Estate) should include either selling or offering price. Click Here.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Otto-Lpzig

Sorry but having to log in everytime I get on Imps is stressing me out

I don't even play dofus anymore but Imps has been part of my procrastination cycle. The new layout is cool, but everytime after closing the browser it asks me to log in again and I'm tired of typing my login/pass pls help.

Also, after I enter my password, it says both login and password are wrong, then I enter again so it goes to a 403 error page, and then I must go to impsvillage.com again to finally get logged on the forums.

#BringBackOldImps #1.29AsWell #ImissHeadHunter #HelloToMyRushuFriendsAboodAndGermy

Edited by Otto-Lpzig

Hey Otto! The 403 issue is being worked on -- and perhaps the reason the login doesn't work for you the first time is because your browser remembers your old login username, instead of the display name (or email address) that the forum now requires?

Being logged out each time you close the browser definitely shouldn't happen though-- that's something I've not experienced. Are you checking the "remember me" box on log-in? And, if so, could you share what browser/version you're using?

Thanks!

Same. Visit site, see I'm not logged in (never logged out). Click login, password is incorrect, re-enter, get sent to 403 page, press back, logged in.

Chrome Version 51.0.2704.103 (64-bit)

403 issue is now fixed! A few things I'd love you folks to confirm with a keen eye in order for me to attack/replicate the remaining items:

1. On your first login attempt, are you logging in with the username that you've always used on the old imps, or your display name/email?
  2. Assuming you're using your display name, are you using a password manager? Some password managers like to input old information into hidden fields you can't see -- let me know which you're using.
  3. When you log in the second time, is "Remember Me" checked?

Thanks guys!

Hi Kyek,

For me the 403 error is indeed fixed, I've noticed though that when I visit imps from my bookmark "http://impsvillage.com" I don't get logged in automatically, but if I visit from "http://impsvillage.com/forums" I do. If I go to the first, then click any forum, I'm actually logged in and continue to be so even after removing the "/forums/xyz" part.

Edit: After "logging in" by visiting a different url I can actually call the 1st bookmark again and I'm logged in. It's only after a longer time I get logged out I guess?

It doesn't really bother me but it might be something you'd want to check out. I've tried different browsers on different platforms but it's all the same.

Off-topic: how do I change the distance between 2 lines after a newline?

Edited by bobeur

Ahhh nice! That's the detail I needed! I'll look into how it's handling the session cookie for that URL. Or maybe I'll just move the forums to the root domain and be done with it.

For the paragraph breaks in the editor, just hold shift when pressing Enter to make it go down one line only.

I think I fixed the paragraph stupidness.

Yup.

It's just next line now. 

3 people like this

Oh my god Aza, I love you.

This is so much better. Just need to adjust the line-spacing in the new theme so that the gaps between normal lines aren't so huge :)

1 person likes this

Queen Bitch to the rescue? Also, I added some stuff to the bar for comments, like a handy little spoiler tag

Spoiler

Does this work? 

Really liked the old layout. Is there a way i can use that instead?

The old theme isn't compatible with IPB 4, which is what we updated to. So no. Currently you're only on a default theme, which kind of sucks, an Imps specific one is being worked on now.

2 people like this

Is there anything I can do to keep me logged into Imps? Whenever I want to use it I have to Sign in and submit my user/pass (which at least is remembered). Call me lazy but having to load the page twice so that I can comment/like stuff isn't very appealing.

1 person likes this

For me at least, every time I open the site I'll only be visibly logged out. Just by reloading the page through the 'Imps Village' logo I'll log in automatically without the need to enter any details or go to the sign in page. Obviously it isn't ideal, so if possible we'll get that fixed. You'll just need to live with all the little bugs a while longer. c:

That's the problem bobeur outlined above -- if you always visit the site via the /forums URL, you'll be fine -- it's the impsvillage.com/ base URL that's giving you trouble. Still working on this issue, but will have a patch soon!

1 person likes this