• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vahe

The EU referendum

EU referendum   22 members have voted

1. 1. How have you voted/will you be voting in the EU referendum?

• I have voted/will be voting to LEAVE the EU
    • I have voted/will be voting to REMAIN in the EU

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

UPDATE: As of 09:00 BST, 100% of votes have been counted, with 48.1% voting to REMAIN in the EU and 51.9% voting to LEAVE. Remember that this does not mean that the UK are now out of the EU - exit terms will be negotiated over the next two years.

So today's the day of the EU referendum, and I've no doubt that I'm not the only one curious about how my fellow Brits have voted/will be voting. Use the poll above to let us know which way.

For those who can't vote: I'm also curious to know how you would vote if you were able. Post below to let us know.

Current prediction: The Telegraph's latest poll indicates that 51% will vote REMAIN and 49% will vote LEAVE.

Results: If you are in the UK, you can watch the live results show from 21:55 BST on BBC One, BBC News Channel and BBC Parliament. If you are outside the UK, the programme will also be shown on BBC World News at the same time.

Edited by Vahe
1 person likes this

I'm voting to stay, but we should agree new terms regarding border control etc.

I would have voted for Britain to stay. Simply put, the repercussions that Brexit would bring about would be too chaotic so the alternative (Brit staying) is way better, although yes, some changes to the current agreements have to be made.

Edited by The_Golden_One

I think the EU have made it clear that should we remain that we won't be getting anymore of these so called 'privileges' in the future. I'm voting leave, however i don't think we will.

I must say I'm quite surprised by the votes so far. Remember, if you're able to vote there's only three more hours to go! Let me know if you need help finding your local polling station. :)

Less than an hour to go until voting closes!

Scarily close...

Still hoping for some good old Scottish favouritism toward the EU. But it's not looking too promising.

yeah , seems like leave is winning... gap is increasing.

Confirmed leave from the EU. Predicted at 52% to 48%, either way it's impossible to swing the balance back.

Well we're fucked.

1 person likes this

Updated OP with results: As of 0900 BST, 100% of votes have been counted, with 48.1% voting to REMAIN in the EU and 51.9% voting to LEAVE. Remember that this does not mean that the UK are now out of the EU - exit terms will be negotiated over the next two years. Edited by Vahe

Ffs we had to leave just as I went on holiday... I can't get any money cos of the exchange rate lol

1 person likes this

This whole situation is really freaking me out about our situation across the pond. People here are going, "Trump will never get enough votes." Now I can just show them #Brexit and walk away. 

3 people like this

15 hours ago, Azaelya said:

This whole situation is really freaking me out about our situation across the pond. People here are going, "Trump will never get enough votes." Now I can just show them #Brexit and walk away. 

I can't believe as many people are being suckered into supporting this con artist as there are. Rump does not give a shit about anyone but himself. 

Then again, as you pointed out, Brexit...like my momma always said...Rule #1, you can't fix stupid.

Edited by Shre
1 person likes this

On 1 July 2016 at 1:44 PM, Scutes said:

Ffs we had to leave just as I went on holiday... I can't get any money cos of the exchange rate lol

I was already abroad so exchanged some more on the Thursday as a preemptive measure. By Friday the price rate had gone down by 1/6th.

Yeah I didn't quite think that far ahead and now the exchange rate is down from 8-1 to 5-1... 

Yeah, I'm crying about how buying crap from the other side of the world is more expensive now. ._.

So far this doesn't really affect me, but fuck there's a shitton of uncertainty. I am worried about my future job prospects. ¬.¬

Here's a cute link explaining everything for anyone confused:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/lukebailey/the-crisis-explained-maybe?utm_term=.xnEER5dYp2#.htvYGE54rb