• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sommanker

Overwatch

62 posts in this topic

No that would be entirely unfair due to the accuracy mouse and keyboard provide. Well sort of, since ps4 does support some mouse and keyboard peripherals

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, Sugared said:

That explains it to some extent. Old rank 60 (new 3000/Diamond) is already meant to be roughly for the top 10% of players. The hill is very steep, they got literally 80% of players between 2000 and 2999. 10% also below 2000, of course.

12 hours ago, Sommanker said:

Wait, do people playing on PS4, XBOX and PC get matched together?

And by that I meant that being on separate platform explains it. Different groups of players, different experiences. It doesn't still quite explain how 10% accuracy Hanzo places in what is literally top 10% of the playerbase but it doesn't really matter, as the system punishes people who got places too high/rewards people that got placed too low fairly aggressively via the win- /loss streak bonuses. And if the rank is held, well then the placement matches did their job correctly.

Edited by Sugared

Trust me, i've been wondering how the hell i got placed so high. My goal was bronze so i could troll (its more fun than try harding). Didn't happen...

The kills i did manage to bag mustve been so clutch the rating system just gave me benefit of the doubt.

Edited by CAFATT

8 hours ago, CAFATT said:

My goal was bronze so i could troll (its more fun than try harding). Didn't happen...

Dude, please don't troll in competitive it quite literally ruins the fun of everyone else on your team...

It's like running up to 5 strangers in the street, and stealing their lunch.

If you wanna troll because you find it more tun than tryharding, that's fine - do it in quick play. Please.

Overwatch free weekend happening right now, highly recommend to test it out

Also golden Ana wep next week

Oh and Sombra is out

Comp system rating still needs butt loads of balancing. I frequently hit gold/silver in all medals besides healing for all my placement matches playing winston or zarya and friends who played roadhog/d.va (who i would beat out in all medal catagories) got ranked 600-800 higher. I ranked 2154.

Good thing my group is good enough to win and get me back up to diamond where i belong.

Let it be on the record that in season 2 i ranked high platinum playing only hanzo with flipped controls and my controller  (i play ps4) upside-down. Yes, I'm entirely serious, but i played the objective real well.

Edited by CAFATT

S3 rating started off where you left at S2 and aggressively either put you up or down based on performance, and smoothened the bell curve. Medals are also within team, so entire team might do badly and still may get a bunch of golds. 

But pretty much it ended up happening so that 3k+ people went to 3.5k after decent placements, 2,7k people went to 2.2k after decent placements.

I went from 3k to 2800 after 2-8, but climbed back up quickly.

Im anxious for next season at this point. Season 3 has been riddled with no-mic, bad team comp, and leaving teammates for me. I'm still very salty about having my teammates leave and it punishing my SR for losing.

Hopefully come next season with the changes to D.Va, Roadhog and Ana the 3 tank meta will go away. It gets really dull playing filler and always having to fill the meta.

Oh yeah, anyone know how I can unmute my mic?

I googled it and I'm not the only one, but nobody seems to have a fix.

I can join chat channels and hear other people, but when I go to the voice chat screen, my mic is muted, and when I press the 'unmute mic' button it instamutes again.

I have tried three different mics and reinstalling the game. Tested with push to talk (while pushing button, yes) and with open mic. Same issue with both.

Make sure your mic is your default input? Have you tested it on skype or discord or something to see if it works there?

I know in the past for other PC games of mine i have had issues with inputs defaulted wrong, so i could hear, but my mic wouldnt work. (never install voice meter its a shit program, pure shit)

Yeah it works fine everywhere else, just won't let me unmute in overwatch

Try messing with the chat channel autojoin in settings, turn one off and try that. I have issues on playstation on occasion where it stops working. I typically have to leave the voice channel and rejoin then it works.

Obviously im just making suggestions based on the ps4 platform which is entirely different, but you never know if it might translate over.

Edited by CAFATT