• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sommanker

Overwatch

62 posts in this topic

I see they still have yet to patch the Skill Rating increase when an enemy team has a leaver 1 minute before a match is over.... Is it my fault I had a dirty ass 6-man ulti? No, I should be fucking rewarded for making kids cry with my Reaper skills :(

2 games. First win - 5% skill rating... Second win 85% skill rating. Such penalties. It hurts.

I can give them the benefit of a new game's growing pains regarding the current competitive mode problems. What I have noticed though is that quick play is a less salty place since the release of comp, which I appreciate. I wasn't a fan of the long matches in comp so I went right back to quick play after finishing the placement games.

That can be said about literally every game. Obviously competitive is going to be a saltier place, the people playing there for the most part actually care and want to succeed. Quick play/normals on any game is just for casual not giving a fuck, half paying attention style stuff lol

6 hours ago, Sugared said:

I can give them the benefit of a new game's growing pains regarding the current competitive mode problems. What I have noticed though is that quick play is a less salty place since the release of comp, which I appreciate. I wasn't a fan of the long matches in comp so I went right back to quick play after finishing the placement games.

Idk. They perfected the formula with WoW's Arenas back in the day and a lot of the people who made Overwatch were on the original Team for  TBC/ LIch King when Arenas were really really good (albeit LK had Death Knights but w/e lol). 
There a lot of "obvious" things they missed with Overwatch's competitive side , heck even E-Sports side as far as the spectator goes and it makes no sense because these same people nailed it in the past.

It's interesting as to how much longer competitive games are compared to quick play. For example... I have 38 Reaper games in competitive that equal 10 hours of play. I have 52/51 Tracer/Reaper games in Normals and 7-6 hours respectively. So on average Competitive games are lasting 15.8 minutes for me, where quick play games lasted 8 minutes? Definitely easier to be a casual player lol

On 7/11/2016 at 3:12 AM, bigbadnudist said:

Definitely easier to be a casual player lol

Sorta the point of casual vs competitive ^^

then again I imagine competitive has slightly less 3-hanzo attack or 3-bastion defenses. Or attack symmetras. Unless trolls exist.

Edit: New hero announcement!

Edited by Sugared

Just went and finished placements,

WLLLWLWWWL

5-5

Last one woulda been a win, but we had a leaver :c

we were wayy ahead before he left too.

Rank 45.

Finally decided to buy the game, I'm completely bad and I hate every champion excluding soldier 76. The Ziggs guy seemed ok but the game itself is pretty good

EU - richiks#21984 

A proud lvl 5 scrub

1 person likes this

Haha that's how I am too... I really only enjoy playing Reaper. The others are just completely unfun/boring to me

1 person likes this

This Zenyatta buff <3<3<3

50hp 150 shields, I'm in love. 

1 person likes this

Zen is love, Zen is life.

Maybe now my stack will stop flaming me for picking him at least, now he's a lot better but still has the same issue as before

1 person likes this

Went on a crazy winstreak today. I guess I lost enough to get a lower MMR. 

Got a cheeky quintuple kill with Junkrat from behind-a-corner ult, some even cheekier 4hp left Zarya ult yolo full energy laser meltdowns. The latest patch feels like it made the game more fun, and I really can't find any other balance-related criticism currently than Symmetra's kit being slightly unimaginative and McCree being oppressive on the Attack hero side of things. (76's stock goes down as McCree's goes up. And currently McCree counters Pharah beautifully so she's seeing a bit less play. Genki is still Genki.)

But me being me only playing attack heroes when I misclick into Genji instead of Zenyatta cause they have a similar face. (Legit has happened a few times, I always commit to the misclick though because Genji is really fun to play)

Edit: I don't wanna keep playing Zenyatta, my beautiful winrate will die 

zeny.png

Edited by Sugared

How's season 2 going for folks? Too silent in this thread, busy playing the game I imagine. I know jericho started a while ago (and on his first night we went 0-8 or something like that)

I got placed in 2200's after poor placement matches. Team leavers, attack symmetras, you know the usual. Climbed slowly but steadily and just hit 3000 (Diamond) after a 53-43 record in comp S2. So not too bad all in all, climbing is possible with a 55% winrate. And if you get lucky enough to get a winstreak the SR gains are even higher. 

Gonna get that golden Zarya gun at the end of the season. Feels good man.

Edit: Zenyatta winrate still 65% across all gamemodes. Literally 65% in comp seasons and quick play. I don't know how.

Edited by Sugared

Actually haven't even touched the game since around my last post. It stopped being fun for me too quickly. I applaud you for continuing to play! 

Have they made any decent changes? Added any new people to play? Fixed the awful up/downs from competitive? I was like 58% win/loss when I started and I kept dropping rank lmfao. 

Ana was added a while ago, and Sombra will be added next month by all odds. A stealth based hero, somehow. Competitive certainly seems better received on Season 2, they removed coinflip entirely for starters...

New map too, which is pretty cool. Like I said I climbed almost a total of +50% my starting rank with a 55% winrate, so it can't be too bad at the moment. Each win/loss was roughly +- 20-30, and numbers increase with streaks. Going both ways. General balance of the game is far better. Heroes are limited to one per team now so no more stacking Winstons. Meta is seeing two types of team compositions. 2-2-2 (2 tanks, 2 supports, 2 offense/defense) and 3-3 (3 tanks, 3 supports). Addition of Ana and balance changes to each support hero makes the support hero pool fairly equally balanced right now, besides for symmetra (which sees quite a lot of play, but as a defense hero).

I'm enjoying it more now than I was during Season 1, that much I can say with ease.

1 person likes this

Symmetra was my best defense on certain maps. I pretty much only played Reaper, I like the in your face style of play.

Have they tweaked Pharoahs numbers at all? She was the biggest cunt being able to shotgun rocket you for 140 dmg but only taking 40 dmg for herself even though it was point blank >_< That alone drove me nuts.

Pharah is kept in check by McCree's and other hitscan artists. It's not a big issue, despite being a fairly popular pick. Not nearly as dominant as the early pharah + mercy days.

1 person likes this

Played one game. I think it was on the new map... Couldn't enjoy myself. Oh well, glad you're still liking it at least!

I only played Hanjo (hanzo) for all my placement matches and really didnt try. Mostly random arrow kills, ended up in Diamond...fml

I did my placements with my friends in a 5-6 man premade all the way, went like 3-7 or 4-6 or something (my internet failed in the last match so idk) and I got placed at 20xx.

4 hours ago, CAFATT said:

I only played Hanjo (hanzo) for all my placement matches and really didnt try. Mostly random arrow kills, ended up in Diamond...fml

m8

How oO :O

The system still places different heroes at different ranks pretty wildly, that is one reason. Also maybe just lucky enough to not have leavers and such. Players are reporting premade teams DPS players getting placed several hundred seasonal ranks higher than their support teammates, with tanks it seems the most random of all. And this is after blizzard "fixed" the system. Who knows really, although I did see a lot of ex-diamond players at platinum and even gold, and usually they were playing DPS so I'm thinking placements are still a bit crooked.

18 hours ago, Sommanker said:

I did my placements with my friends in a 5-6 man premade all the way, went like 3-7 or 4-6 or something (my internet failed in the last match so idk) and I got placed at 20xx.

m8

How oO :O

Considering how hard i trolled in games i have been wondering the same thing for awhile. Plus Playstation players are pure garbage. I believe my accuracy is around 10% right now with hanzo, and k/d is like .3. 

3 hours ago, CAFATT said:

Playstation players

That explains it to some extent. Old rank 60 (new 3000/Diamond) is already meant to be roughly for the top 10% of players. The hill is very steep, they got literally 80% of players between 2000 and 2999. 10% also below 2000, of course.

Wait, do people playing on PS4, XBOX and PC get matched together?

No