• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Amusement

Interested In Starting Fresh

Hello IV,

As the title suggests, I've come accross a newfound interest in this game again and I kind of want to give it another haul. I've maxed characters/professions and done plenty of questing/bossing/dungeons/etc so I wouldn't consider myself a novice to the game.

I had an idea that it might be fun to start completely from scratch again with no assistance from my previous accounts (excluding professions for crafts/gathering). With this, I pose a question...

If you all started from scratch would you run a team or would you run solo and try to find hunting friends?

I have the capability to run/sub 4 accounts I'm just unsure if that would be the smart move starting completely over. Also bare in mind that I would be playing on Rushu, but I'd be open to another server if someone has a better suggestion for new characters.

I'm curious as to see what you guys would suggest. Please feel free to leave class/build suggestions as well (wether or not it'd be a single character or a team makeup).

I appreciate all of your advice!

~ Amusement

I've always wanted to start fresh with a special spin on it: being completely independent of any other person. No trading with others or with the market. You farm, craft, and mage all your own equipment and run the dungeons with only your team. Basically, you're turning the game into a solo-player game to challenge yourself.

I've never had the guts to do it (I'm too lazy), but maybe you should try solo mode.

best is to play solo sac xddddddddd

anyway, solo or team is ur own choice; having team is convenient though expensive; playing solo requires friends but if u got them u can say u got everything (and successful soloers also have a certain smth multiaccs don't...)

disclaimer: by solo i meant having 1 acc and playing with ur char to the fullest, finding friends and guildies and enjoy all of ur adventures and drama u encounter; so pls never avoid interactions with ppl or markets, "being completely independent of any other person" just sounds too masochistic and meaningless for me ._. especially with new recipes huehue

1 person likes this

There are two different ways of starting fresh. 1) Going about your business on your own capabilities independent of others. This means you can have a team and level professions, farm stuff to craft everything that you want/can. And 2) Starting from scratch as a single accounter, as Quadro said, enjoying the game on one character only, meeting people, organising groups for hunts, doing quests etc (as the game was meant to be played lol).

I would go with the second one as it is too much of a hassle to craft everything from scratch on your own plus there is the problem to p2p all 4 accs. Tbh I would never start from scratch since I've worked my way through level 200 on 4 occasions for my characters, made a ton of money from practically nothing and ran many tough dungeons/achievs with them. Not to dishearten you but I'm just pointing out the way I look at it.

Edited by The_Golden_One

I appreciate your fast responses!

I was going to just run my main again and attempt to do completionist things (mainly achievements/quests), but I'm starting from ground zero in regards to kamas/equips. Figured it would not only be easier to just start fresh when gear isn't necessarily all that important, but it's almost easier to obtain. I could be out of my mind, but I feel like a level 200 is going to need some nice gearing...

I do like the idea of running just one character, but is that even feasible these days? Are there players in all ranges of levels that I'd be able to run with or is it primarily still end game?

Or I could run my 200 Iop/199 Panda/199 Eni/start a baby Enu and just work on gearing them up 1 at a time.

If you do decide to start anew then bear in mind that as of next tuesday's update low level gear (gobb set and the like) will be droppable again.

Ankama is making a shift to a focus on endgame content given that most players are there and are making it easier to reach as shown by the slashing of the 199-200 xp gap so for me I would be inclined to take your endgame chars and focus on gearing them up.

A lvl 200 can be geared anywhere on the spectrum from junk you found in the trash to fully optimised perfected gear. If you want to tackle the hardest achievements then you need to be towards the better geared end, but there is stuff you can do with a relatively cheap set so long as you have a good mastery of your class. You could gear a team of 4 200s in decent enough gear to farm something like buck (which you can run and soul with sidekicks for money) for not very much at all, and the gear will easily be fine for everything up to the 190-200 dungeon bracket, and depending on what you are using and how well you play there will certainly be aspects of that 190-200 bracket that will be doable as well.

At the end of the day just do whatever you feel like. There are people like me who hate levelling, hated grinding the old slow way up the levels and spend ages comparing sets which have tiny differences to get every last drop of damage possible so would never want to go back to the start. There are others who think the idea of a fresh start is a nice one and enjoy the slow grind up to 200.

2 people like this

I started fresh on Rushu a few months back. It was fun at first. I leveled slowly because I was constantly working on hunter and farmers on all four. But I was getting there. I had wanted to evolve from Piwi sets - Gobbal sets - Scara sets - Prespic sets - Akwadala sets.

But the new recipes got annoying. It was hard to progress and get better gear because of recipes like Scara set items which require 8-10 Golden Scarabugly drops per set piece. The Golden Scarabugly drops needed are a 15% drop rate and you need 8-10 of those rare drops for each equip. That's approximately 32-60 Scara dungeon runs per Scara set and I'm making 4 sets consisting of 4-6 Scara set pieces per character?? o.o

So I got tired of it and I then transferred fifty million kamas over along with all my eggs/mounts to Rushu from Rosal.

I realize how much mageing sucks to level now. I got all four nubs to character level 150 and got bored. So I brought everything back to Rosal after seeing the 200+ update coming soon.

Edited by Dovahkiin
1 person likes this

If all the old level gear is going to become droppable again I may just hold off until the update goes live. That'll make those early levels muchhh easier in my opinion.

I'll still have my old team's professions so as for crafting/gathering, I'm not worried about it (can't be asked to get professions up again).

With that, what team of four do you guys think would be fun to run? Please include class/build breakdowns :))

I like the idea of starting solo and finding friends. But on that, I spent a good 15 mins running around Astrub/Crackrocks ect trying to give some kamas to noobies, and literally didn't find a single person.

If all the old level gear is going to become droppable again I may just hold off until the update goes live. That'll make those early levels muchhh easier in my opinion.

I'll still have my old team's professions so as for crafting/gathering, I'm not worried about it (can't be asked to get professions up again).

With that, what team of four do you guys think would be fun to run? Please include class/build breakdowns :))

Sadi, Panda, Enu and Eni would be an old fashioned team I'd fancy to start with. The build wouldn't matter that much at the beginning as you can reset your characteristics at Incarnam till lvl 30 anyway.

I was sitting here reading through some guides and forgot all about sidekicks lol... I think I'm actually going to run a single account due to the fact that I can solely focus on that toon and can more casually play then hard core game. Any fun solo classes??

Hupper or Elio are fun and versatile solo classes.

And new Sadi, though I don't play one, so I dunno much about them.

Edited by Masive

i wanna give some input too. might be helpful for deciding your journey:

Sadida: You have everything is your disposal. mp,ap rape, map manipulation, clean hand challenge, aoe attack, no los attack, big base damage spell, heal. however being jack of all trades, it also means that you are 3/4 medicore in those aspect i mention. People will see you as great man, but you will feel yourself lacking something in specific area.

iop: pure damage class. boring. but i've seen archytypal bow iop jumping everywhere to save ally in tight situation. creative.

cra: nice class i use it to leech myself upon long range idol score 300. mp rape. also farming mats for throphy and leveling pet.

eca: damage. dependable healer. a bit map manipulation. kinda scary class.

huppermage: no idea at all. havent play it yet. but i've seen my friend using it. baddass omni class.

enu: beside mp raping, kinda slow class. even with chess, its boring in long run. healbow enu is not bad at all.

elio: being agi is good for dodge. but meh i think this class force you to have great understanding of portal distance and avoid this class if u have lagging issue.

eni: well even after revamp, there's nothing great about this in pvm. plain damage and heal. nothing to brag about.

osa: buff bots. horrible summon. nice in team is supporting role. well hope revamp gonna change its gameplay.

panda: pvm god. this class kinda versatile. say no to agi build. solotage kimbo + farming brindled minifox 90pp and sell 10m maxed pet in mere 1 week? 100% good.

sacrier: being tanky is good. i love sacrier friend. kinda underrated due to erosion. i hope ankama fix this class.

xelor: have GREAT potential. if u master its basic gameplay and shenanigan, people will respect you.

Class that got my interest:

Foggernout: I've seen some well developer fogger in my server. kinda scary opponent to beat. this class excel in pvp and good in pvm. expect more than 2K damage per turn at end game.

Sram: GOD OF SOLOTAGE. with class cape, i did many duo and solotage but haven't win solotage F3 yet xD but if placing trap here and there might burn up your interest in long run. define yourself properly before using this class. double.

Rogue: Kimbo GOD. i've been soloing kimbo everyday (76 keys left) to raise my pp pet. every fight end within 4 minutes, bos like 8 minute. bomb damage is nice. more importantly so far i never bored with this class. there's always new trick u can learn and fast result can be achieve with bombs compared to sram's trap. 900hp bomb. bomboot FTW :D

My Comment:

Im myself is a solo player since long time ago. when group with people, at least make sure your class have some utility that can turn up the table when in dangerous situation. it could be great map manipulation, heals, invis, tanky summon or whatever good.

also its great to imagine your future plan in game. what you want to achieve with friends in game. if you plan to scare the shit out of other player in server by wearing dimension hat instead of livi hat when doing perc attack, being good in certain dung, control certain drops in market, solotage some dung and soul it, controlling runes market. plan ahead. if not, you'll feel exhausted. spirit can fade away you know.

it took me 20 minutes to write these shit. lol

i started few week ago, i choose cra and i can tell you- its good choice

big dmg, aoe, ap/mp rape, map manipulator

Can i suggest Dofus touch! There is no better way to start fresh than on a new server, and a server that is only one week old! Its solo account only too so it brings everyone together. Astrub is popular, everyone is still struggling to get ADV and Gob!

Of course this is subject to you having a tablet, unless you want to try run an emulator (which i don't support and neither does Ankama). The game is currently in a Canadian release, with a French release coming shortly. A full International release will follow.

Something to think about.

Will they open new servers when they release international?

I currently don't have a tablet, but I'd consider getting one depending on how well this Touch is.

How do you enjoy the interface?? Also what kind of tablet do you have?

Currently they have not said, but what is most likely to happen is a new French server will open, then following that the current server (currently Canadian access only) will become the International server. If not then the Canadian will become the French server, and a new International server will open. They have said they want want to have minimal servers and will open up new ones when others fill up, so there will be one French and one International most likely.

I play on an ipad Air. I belive all ipads are compatible except the original. Many other players play on all sorts of tablets. However I would suggest staying away from the very cheap ones. I bought mine from ebay as a refurbished one and it works perfectly.

The game itself is is way better than i expceted it to be. Playing it on tablet feels so normal. It is clear to see that Ankama have hired another company to do all the interface, and it works so well. The game plays well. Of course the game is only a week old at this point so it still has some bugs, and can crash a lot. However it literally takes 2 clicks to get back in game so you can crash out in a turn and relog back in the same turn.

For me and a lot of other players, Touch is what we have been longing for. A chance to go back and enjoy what we found most fun about Dofus. The experience of playing and working together.

The game is totally free, it has Goultines (like Ogrines) where you can buy stuff from the shop. You can also buy any item in the game with Goultines, and it converts it to kamas for the seller. People could claim this to be pay to win, but it doesn't effect me, and I'm happy that i can play completely for free, should i want too.

There is a dedicated Discord channel for Touch, where many of my guild mates hang out. See me sig.

Atlas