• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Zephinism

Statofus - Compare server populations

Hey all,

I did some posts last year about server population but I don't think it will be necessary anymore as there is a website called Statofus which maps the daily population changes based on the ladder.

http://statofus.com/

The website itself is in French but the site isn't difficult to navigate. For specific servers you can just type the server name after the domain name such as

http://statofus.com/Rushu

The homepage allows you to compare servers like this.

MzZAOHD.png

Ombre = Shadow

Aermine = Aermyne

Padgref = Nomarrow

Just figured I'd share this funky website here.

6 people like this

i think it counts bots as well but still it proves the big difference between Rushu and the other servers...

we're so tiny compared to the french ones

we're so tiny compared to the french ones

Rushu has more than my French server (Maimane) and a few other French servers now. The mass migration to Rushu is happening in the French community but towards Djaul & Hel Munster. Agride is the restart/new player server.

2 people like this

I think this should be pinned.  Was waiting for an update on server population, didn't remember this site existed.

Updated chart

4b7bbcf928f04dc389935114d83dafd0.png

Stuff we know by comparing the two charts:

• Rushu still growing.
  • Solar got a big boost out of Steam funneling all the new players there.
  • Rosal losing to Solar population-wise now.
  • Weird spike for all servers around mid-Novermber.
  • Poor Zato.
Edited by Masive
4 people like this

Can you post that chart without the key? It's blocking the most recent numbers. It looks like Solar dips after a spike?

Also all servers probably spiked mid-November because of the Steam release too.

The spike was a massive influx of bots that caused the servers to be slow and even down for some time, coincidentally during and after the Steam release.

Also, Tot has elaborated a bit on this thread as well:

I'm curious as to where these numbers come from.
In any case, they are false.
And no, nothing is catastrophic in the figures, but we have to pull ourselves together.
To speak concretely, we have about 650,000 players a month and this has been for a while. That's 100,000~
150,000 less than in the last 2 years.
This is not the financial catastrophe because 95% of the players who do not play anymore did not pay.
By cons it is still a bad sign on the whole because even if these players did not pay, they gave life to the game.
The real worry is that new players are not attracted to Dofus. The latter has become very difficult even if you do not realize it. The lack of quick rewards, Piwis who put you in misery in Astrub... The new players are quitting fast. On the other hand, those who cling for a few hours remain.
There is no quick fix as I have been trying to tell you for a while. We must find the sap of the game and adapt it. If we can do it on the current game, that's great. But it goes through a phase of exchanges and discussions.
And I see clearly in relation to these discussions that each one is stuck to his opinions and certainties, exactly as at home.
If I discuss with you it is to try to sort it out. But as much as we do not have enough big Dofus players in Ankama (which has the consequence of lack of vision linked to that of the players) so much here, I discuss almost only with "big players". On one side as well as the other, I can not quite estimate what would appeal to "everyone", beginners as well as old.
In short, this is above all a brainstorming job and the goal is not to fuck shit but to try to better understand things for the future.

4 hours ago, Gravestorm said:

In short, this is above all a brainstorming job and the goal is not to fuck shit but to try to better understand things for the future.

Google translate at its best right here.

1 person likes this

If the devs treat newbies like trash, then newbies will treat the game like trash and not play it anymore. As I've said in another post, apart from the problem that Dofus is facing with regards to new players actually joining the game, the f2p content is severely lacking. Also, Incarnam is not only deserted but newcomers have no way to communicate with one another in the chat like they used to anyway.

Also, complicating the game makes it less attractive to everyone- new and old players. Eliotropes, rogues and other classes are simply to complicated for the average gamer to understand and it takes a lot of patience to get a hold of these characters- too much patience for a new guy to have. 

"That's 150,000 players less than 2 years ago- no prob. Who gives a fuck about them if they don't pay right? Fuck them and their pretentious asses. "

The problem is that Ankama are in debt towards a new player i.e. they have to offer a good enough product for the average gamer to say, "Yeah, I'll pay and play." If the product is based on a take-it-or-leave-it ideology, the only one losing out will be Ankama. 

From these responses I'm making out the devs to be really immature and naive, it's astonishing.

TLDR: Cater for new people and maybe they'll play your game and if you're lucky- they'll pay for it too.

Edited by The_Golden_One
6 people like this

Very sad to me that Rosal has less people than Solar, though it explains why the sellrooms are so pathetic.  I will say that the new Incarnum is a lot better than the old, but once you are done with the tutorial, you're on your own - and it doesn't give you a "class" tutorial, which might be a good idea.