• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Announcements

• Rob

Merry IMPSMAS 2017!   12/07/17

There's 35mk up for grabs this year along with an Atanip hat & cape! 'Click Here' for your chance to win.  Yule regret missing out.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yehart

Letter to the community 3 - April

I'm surprised no one has posted this yet

Highlights regarding the topics related to Dofus:

- ISK will be released sometime in July

- New lore regarding to the Foggernaut's and their ancestors: the Sea People - Update 2.35

- Interface revamp concepts

- Dofus Touch beta will be released in Canada at the end of May

http://forum.dofus.com/en/2-general-discussion/322699-letter-community-03

Wakfu Season 3 teaser

Edited by Yehart
1 person likes this

I'm loving that interface change! :DDDDD And I'm excited for the new content, maybe we'll finally get a good Str/Cha amulet and a Str/Agi/Int weapon. >:D

1 person likes this

Maby a dungeon that does not require Rogue's Bombline.

We all experienced how easy Catseye was, so much for developing. . .

And new interface \o\ #hype

c3e19a52b6ef1696f0287b9bea48ba74.jpg

maquetteinterface2.jpg

2 possible interfaces :wub:

5 people like this

Maby a dungeon that does not require Rogue's Bombline.

We all experienced how easy Catseye was, so much for developing. . .

And new interface \o\ #hype

I don't really agree with these arguments, Catseye/Vortex/QoT/Nidas is crazy if you don't have a bombwall. xD (i say as a complete noob who has only beaten drhossil)

Actually you're wrong there.

QoT has other strats from bomb wall which work nicely, yes bomb wall is one way to play there but also many others you can do, and this applies for duo too. Sram and cra, which don't get too much pvm love nowadays both can play great roles without a rogue.

Vortex Bugtex has elio portal technique, but bomb wall is much easier here however and I have no idea if portals still work after elio nerf back whenever that was.

Nidas also didn't require bomb wall, haven't done it since they ruined Nidas farming, but even for that with 512 score bomb wall was not optimal. From screens I saw when they nerfed, most people weren't using rogue at all, except as support but maybe since then it's back in fashion.

Not done catseye myself yet cos effort but I believe bomb wall strat is best, maybe other strats out there but can't comment on them.

I think professor was being sarcastic however, pointing out that bomb wall is the go to for dimensions, and this comes up a lot. When you have dungs with 5 waves, being able to deal a high amount of damage sustainably is a priority, hence the appeal of having something up permanently to chuck shit into/spawn kill. Unless they either massively nerf rogue (please don't) or change some other chars gameplay a lot, with dimension dungs, rogues will automatically be the go to character for them. But as with all the current ones, new tactics will open up, and since the change from duo to trio, this can only be more likely.

On an aside, if you are interested in weird ways to do dimensions, and anything else as well, check out Philix who does exactly that (this guy was the first to do sram/osa qot duo which lead the way to lots more sram/X combos)

Edited by Extreal
1 person likes this

Catseye without the typical dimension duo combo is hard.

It's a bit easier now due to the nerfs Ankama gave it.

Edited by Yehart

c3e19a52b6ef1696f0287b9bea48ba74.jpg

maquetteinterface2.jpg

OH MY GODO the future is here!

No one's mentioned the new 16:9 format they're working on? :P

1 person likes this

the one thing that annoys me a bit is that Interserver Kolo will be rolled out slowly with 1 or 2 servers getting it first before they ramp it up, so the international community may not get it until august instead of july.

1 person likes this

Ankama should just merge Dofus and Wakfu instead of making Dofus more like Wakfu update by update. :wacko:

the one thing that annoys me a bit is that Interserver Kolo will be rolled out slowly with 1 or 2 servers getting it first before they ramp it up, so the international community may not get it until august instead of july.

If we got it first, people would just moan and moan about the hiccups it will inevitably have in the first few days. Let the French moan so we get it with fewer bugs. What is 2-3 weeks extra when we've waited for years already.

(Also, we will 100% not get it first since our entire community is tiny. Would make sense to test its capacity with huge servers.)

4 people like this

I'm loving that interface change! :DDDDD And I'm excited for the new content, maybe we'll finally get a good Str/Cha amulet and a Str/Agi/Int weapon. > :D

Hah.....hahahahahahaha...... you're fuuuuuneeeeeeehhhhhh. Yeah that's not happening.

Ankama should just merge Dofus and Wakfu instead of making Dofus more like Wakfu update by update. :wacko:

I think I can speak on behalf of most dofus players when I say..."Shut up." We all tried it, and we're still on dofus for varrious reasons. And I'm not sure what you are talking about by saying more and more like wakfu.... Nothing in this update is even slightly making dofus more like wakfu.

1 person likes this

I came to check out how the eni revamp went but saw this and am intrigued by the Adjusted level system. its probly their way of copying Rift's Mentor system (which i loved btw) and can actually add a better way for players to play alongside friends. Sadly with all the alts and multi accounting running around i dont really see this as much to enhance my fun. I miss the old days when I only ran one account lol

Lots of nice stuff including those interfaces! loving those

Adjustable level is for Wakfu, at least for now.

I came to check out how the eni revamp went but saw this and am intrigued by the Adjusted level system. its probably their way of copying Rift's Mentor system (which i loved btw) and can actually add a better way for players to play alongside friends. Sadly with all the alts and multi accounting running around i dont really see this as much to enhance my fun. I miss the old days when I only ran one account lol

Lots of nice stuff including those interfaces! loving those

I wouldn't call it copying rift's mentor system, they're FAR from the first to do the idea (honestly I never understand why all mmos DONT do it, even if they do it bad)

Maybe we can make our own themes/plugins for Dofus in the near future. I'd love to make my own. They provide the tools in-game, and they have the option to share it on DOFUS's website and others could download it from there. No files are touched because everything needs to be done via the client, or else the launcher won't allow you to play if the files are manually altered, and thus you can't upload it to the website. Seems like a safe way to me..

2 people like this

I wouldn't call it copying rift's mentor system, they're FAR from the first to do the idea (honestly I never understand why all mmos DONT do it, even if they do it bad)

I agree with that. Not having a "Mentor" system is bad. it would make mmos more fun overall

We will have possibility to choose which one to play (i mean like we have beige and black now) or just 1 of them will be launched as base and u cant change

Edited by Gio-Xx
1 person likes this