• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Fidel  Castro

Increase level cap

I think Dofus needs a higher level, but I see it impossible to make lvl 201 or higher as some people are with over 500b xp that would just either make it unfair for us if they got the new level or either unfair for them if they lost it

So I suggest if ankama made a brand new level system like Joblevel,power level,inner level or just something lol, an another level that would display under normal level, you could gain this level after you hit level 200. This level would not give you any additional points or health points but it could let you equip specific equip(new equip)

example Osamodas dimension set where you need Lv5 job level to equip it.

This would force the lvl 200 zaapsitters to do something fun as the newer dungeons are pretty much retarded(no offense) it would bring some reason to play the game except kolo n pvp

it could be displayed like Lv200(5)

what are ur opinions guys? :p wakfu has got level cap increase so i think dofus could get it too :p

no way i could barely get to lvl 200 fk off

lazyass thats what i was talking about

filthy casual, you should play smartphone games instead of dofus

Edited by Pereb
4 people like this

i am xping other chars right now as we speak, lvl cap raise is not a solution to anything though

Ankama's thinking of adding an adjustable level system to Wakfu. Chances are we'll be getting something similar in about 10 years in Dofus.

Adjustable Level System

What's that?

It's the ability of a player to virtually reduce the level of their character in order to take part in certain activities, all while gaining rewards adapted to the character's real level.

For example, a level 120 character could do a level 60 dungeon by lowering themselves to level 60, and gain rewards adapted to level 120: experience, money allowing them to get equipment, etc.

What's the objective?

First of all, the Adjustable Level will let you create your own challenges, no matter the actual level of your character, using all of the game's content. The Adjustable Level system will intrinsically change the current perception of player progression: from now on, the more you increase your level, you simply have access to more content, instead of just the high-level content.

​The Adjustable Level System will also be a solid base for several future functionalities, revolving around three primary themes:

Mutual assistance: play with your friends, no matter their level, while continuing to advance your character,

Matchmaking: by welcoming more players into the system and grouping them naturally, the matchmaking systems will function much better,

Competition: the Adjustable Level system will bring a competitive aspect to all of the games content while being fair to all players, irrespective of their levels.

In short, it's a new central functionality which will offer numerous perspectives for the future of the WAKFU MMO!

Source: http://www.dofus.com/en/mmorpg/news/announcements/495088-letter-community-03

Edited by Goatee

i would like something like a prestige system

4 people like this

Changing the level cap wouldn't be impossible, as that would just mean an adjustment in growth per level - OBVIOUSLY it wouldn't keep rising exponentially.

However, as they have said before, they're looking into ways to advance past 200. This means possible some sort of additional ranks or prestige levels. Whether it would be mostly aesthetic or have actual, minor or not, gameplay advantages, is another matter.

An adjustable level system, like the one coming to Wakfu, is fairly different, and Dofus' closest equivalent of that is the Idol system, which allows older, lower level content to still be challenging, even for players with higher level characters. Obviously this is not the same thing, but it's as close as it gets.

In Wakfu, the experience stays the same, while in Dofus, idols can greatly modify and change the tactics of a fight.
In Dofus, higher level characters with idols on impact lower level characters in the fight, meaning they cannot play at the same level, meaning Wakfu's is more friendly for teaming up with newbies.

i would like something like a prestige system

Unlocks Doritos Ornament if you get to the highest level of the new leveling system

2 people like this

Isn't this the same concept as putting dungeon requirements on items, like the briefly did with Frig 3 and things like that? Which was removed because too many people complained ? I mean I get the idea but I think the zaap sitters will always complain.

I'm personally against the lv cap being increased for many reasons but I do think forcing people to do the new content wasn't that bad. Of course I also think ankama needs to work on making content that doesn't need to be changed every update so everyone can be held same standard. Because the people who could do queen with the original bomb strat, blitz nidas, use yosh idols for dimension duos, do any of the idol achieves before idol changes, and many more annoying changes are quite lucky they don't have to worry about being fucked over with every single new update.

2 people like this

do what diablo did and add paragon system in , every 50 lvls you get a stats/spell point your choice

do what diablo did and add paragon system in , every 50 lvls you get a stats/spell point your choice

incoming 20k hp sacriers/masqs thank you very much

I'm in support of either one. Increasing level cap or a prestige system. Having a prestige system would be great because it would encourage the max leveled people to group up and exp with people who actually need it.

As someone with lots of 200s, if there was a prestige system I would just do it using my own chars because it's a damn sight quicker. And if it involved using low level chars I would just make one myself. I know some people might not but levelling is just boring, no two ways around it, so given the fact that for most players already at 200 it would just be for the rewards/perks of getting there, you're not going to encourage much at all

2 people like this

pls nidas 416

Not everyone has 8 level 200's.

Not everyone has 8 level 200's.

Poor people :<
2 people like this

well, ankama is finally doing it..... sorta?

saddly