• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Mavvo

Dofus Map

115 posts in this topic

You could make it link to the Dofus encyclopedia by default (for multi-language support) but have an option somewhere that makes it direct you to en wiki instead :P

1 person likes this

Something like this ? 68edd0d41f.png :D Refresh your maps! I used the dofus wiki "W" logo.

Edited by Mavvo
3 people like this

I totally missed this thread, it looks amazing, very nice work!

2 people like this

Update 02/05/16: you can finally remove yellow pins with a right click on them!

Reload your maps to get the update!

Something like this ? 68edd0d41f.png :D Refresh your maps! I used the dofus wiki "W" logo.

I know I'm asking a lot but I just want to say you've already done an outstanding job creating this, but I have another suggestion and a BIG job if you want to really keep going.

As seeing how a lot of the current Dofus wiki pages have not been updated with in the past 100 years, you can use the wiki as a guideline but basically put a bunch of information (max health, resistances, spells and what they do, if they are invuln and how to devuln them, ect.) And you can do this for every bit of the game, and I understand how this is a lot to ask for but you don't have to do this because I understand the amount of time it would take. And if you need any help getting butt loads of information I and I hope a lot of other people would be happy to help.

but imo if even wiki isn't properly updated, how can this map be any better? xd

I'd say wiki is an enough guide?

anyway I wanna thank Mavvo a lot for this map, was really helpful during double xp weekend when I was lvling up proffs :^)

2 people like this

Firstly, what an amazing resource! You've done an incredible job with this - thanks so much!

In the interest of continuous improvement, I've a few suggestions that would make the tool a little more user-friendly (if that were possible!) for me personally:

1. If you are displaying several resources from different menus (eg one from Alchemist and one from Farmer), you would have to individually go into each menu to stop displaying them. It would be nifty if all displayed resources are shown somewhere (along the top, perhaps?) to allow for easy hiding. Alternatively, a right-click to hide feature (similar to the way in which markers are removed with a right-click) may be simpler to implement.
  2. When I'm collecting resources, I target only those maps with a decent number of resources on them (the red ones on your map). As a small improvement, it would be nice if we could filter to only show certain quantities (ie hide the markers that aren't red) - this would make it a little easier to gauge the best areas.
  3. When scouring for EH, I found myself looking up each monster on the Wiki to find out which areas it could be found in. It would be great, though, if I could select a particular monster (or, more importantly, archmonster) from a dropdown list to highlight all areas in, say, green (as if you had clicked them all individually).
  4. I'm sure you're already thinking about this, but it would be nice if all resources are shown side-by-side for maps with multiple types (I guess this problem is most prolific in mines), as opposed to the most recently clicked taking precedence.

Finally, I just wanted to point out that the monster image for Fungore is currently broken:

Untitled_2.png

Keep up the great work! :)

Edited by Vahe
1 person likes this

wow such nice posts!

@Raysns as you said that would be a huge work. But you gave me a nice idea, I'm thinking that i could code an app: you search for a monster name and you get all the updated informations about the monster (hps,resistances,drops,ecc) so that anyone could update the wiki even without the need to be loggedIn or the harras to scout for a particular monster in game.

@vahe i love your suggestions! And I will try to implement them, I'm going to respect your order 1 2 3 4 because i find it convenient for me, but I will need some time. Nice catch, I will look into the fungore issue tomorrow.

1 person likes this

I'm sorry that I didn't release any update. I spent the whole week in bed.. I was feeling so sick, as soon as I can I'll get back on it.

I'm sorry that I didn't release any update. I spent the whole week in bed.. I was feeling so sick, as soon as I can I'll get back on it.

Don't worry about it man, you're doing an amazing job, you deserve a break lol

Update: 11/05/16: Fixed fungore missing image and I also found that 3 more images were missing like : 71c34dc111.jpg

Sadly even after a refresh of the webpage they still look like missing.. I hope the cached version gets flushed soon.

I'm also working on @Vahe request number 1 in post #57. Hypee

How exciting! I look forward to seeing it in action. :)

omg im speechless, dude thats so awesome, bookmarked!

thanks @PGR!

Update 13/05/16:702abe2616.jpg active resources will be also at the top of the map for easy removal with a click. It's still in beta... for example the trashbin icon is disappearing sometimes :P I'll fix it.

Remember that you can also:

• Ctrl - Left click on any profession's icon in the left menu to show all the resources of that profession on the map
  • Alt - Left click on any profession's icon in the left menu to hide all the resources of that profession on the map

@Vahe I hope you had something like this in your mind, please tell me if you want me to change it.

Edit: oups i ment Ctrl and Alt clicks.

Edited by Mavvo
2 people like this

Wow Humility reviewed the map:

Edited by Fravanlan
4 people like this

I saw a massive spike of visitors!

So many that in two days they consumed almost 50% of my free monthly available bandwith xD

Today I activated Cloudflare again, I hope it will save my bandwith so my website doesn't go down until the end of the month ^^

Edit: This kind of spike! : 00f28aa3b1.png

Keep in mind these are no unique visitors but actual images requests in the last 4hours ! ( Since i activated Cloudflare ) : 9d72df7f57.png

Edited by Mavvo
3 people like this

That is precisely what I had in mind - great job! So glad to hear that the map is receiving the recognition it deserves. :)

1 person likes this

By the way I started to also work on the monsters Api needed to make the monsters project.

At the moment there is only some few raw data. Example links:

http://52.58.151.3:8080/monstersat the moment i'm limiting the result as first 15 entries.

http://52.58.151.3:8080/monsters/ID like: http://52.58.151.3:8080/monsters/31

http://52.58.151.3:8080/monsters/ID/gradeslike: http://52.58.151.3:8080/monsters/34/grades

http://52.58.151.3:8080/monsters/ID/grades/GRADElike: http://52.58.151.3:8080/monsters/34/grades/1

I still have to add a lot of data like names, spell infos ecc, i'm slowing learning all these new techs and I'm so happy.

Edit: for your info monster with id 31 is Blue Larva and 52 is Arachnee

Edited by Mavvo

What is the "monsters project"? :0 I scrolled back through previous posts and couldn't seem to find any mention of it.

Fantastic work so far, by the way, this project just grows more and more impressive by the second I swear. o.0

Edit: Also, the monster link to the Wikia for "Crocodyl" directs to a disambiguation page. You can fix this by making the Crocodyl Wikia link direct to http://dofuswiki.wikia.com/wiki/Crocodyl_(monster)instead. :0

Edited by Scour

@Raysns as you said that would be a huge work. But you gave me a nice idea, I'm thinking that i could code an app: you search for a monster name and you get all the updated informations about the monster (hps,resistances,drops,ecc) so that anyone could update the wiki even without the need to be loggedIn or the harras to scout for a particular monster in game.

In a previous post Raysns said something about the wiki having some of the monster's pages out of date or just missing some informations so I thought I could make a page where ppl search for the monster they are interested in and get All the possible infos, so one can also update the wiki.

About the error link I think there are more of those errors. That's why I didn't link to the wiki in the beginning :p I ll see what I can do, thx for the report.

Update 20/05/16: 352b893404.jpg you can now write the coords and press the enter key on your keyboards to "FLY" to the new coordinates!

Realod your browser's page to see the update!

edit: typo

Edited by Mavvo
2 people like this

stop spoiling us, mavvo! :D

2 people like this

Update 21/05/16: I finally found a way to fix the little trashbin icon 2e18781161.jpg now it's not disappearing anymore when you click on the active resource and there are still other active resources.

Edit: as alwais to see the update you must refresh the page to invalid the cached version of the page.

Edited by Mavvo
2 people like this

Pinned with all the other excellent community sites and shizzle. Keep being awesome.

3 people like this

Holy mommy :D Great!

Working hard also on my other Monster encyclopedia project! This week i'm moving to another place soon after i will release some sneak peeks!