• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Leafshade

Need advice once again

Hey there.

I have been putting together some PC's the past few days and still can't decide which one to go for. Here are the ones I can't decide between. (I named the builds... Yes...)

Noctua:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Sacrive/saved/9spfrH

Radiation:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Sacrive/saved/XbpfrH

I can't decide between these 2 beauties. Need help.

Kthxbai.

Edit: Updated both builds.

Edited by Vanguard

The second one, imho

idk much tho

EDIT: Although I'd a prefer a laser mouse.

Edited by Sommanker

I'd go with the first one, but why i5 and if that pc, get yourself a ssd

Why first one when the second has so much more ram and gHz ;)))))

I have two SSD's, so I didn't include it in the list. Sorry :/ I don't need an i7, as I don't plan into making videos anymore. It'll be used for graphic design and some gaming.

I honestly prefer the first one. The 32GB RAM over 16GB difference can be improved very easily.

Edit: Updated both builds.

Edited by Vanguard

been months since ive posted... i think... but couldnt not reply.. second on SSD... you need one. everyone needs one. seriously... its a whole new world.

anyways imho if you are thinking amd... wait till q3 2016 and see how zen is. no 9590s or 8350s, not yet at least...

other thoughts:

1. knowing what you want to do with your computer will help solidify opinions on what computer you need (and satisfy my curiosity)

2. 3x120mm and 1x140mm fans are included with the case what are the 3 aftermarket ones for?

3. CPU cooler is pretty sweet, but probably about 50$ too expensive... hyper212 has been a staple for years.. it does exactly the same thing, correct me if im wrong

overall opinion, go intel, get the 6500(instead of 6600k 255 down to 195) hyper212 (85 to 30) ,nix the fans (15) and grab an asrock mobo for half the price (160 down to like 80).... an overall savings of 210 dollars... which i would probaby go get myself a gtx 980 wth

oh look your favorite one is on sale for 479.99 :D nice!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127834&cm_re=gtx_980-_-14-127-834-_-Product

(disclaimer: I might be a complete idiot, you never know with people on the internet ;)

edit: read above post that was made while i was typing.... everything still somewhat applicable... not caring enough to really edit... submit in 5,4,3,2,1

Edited by Reyah

Thanks for the reply.

I have mentioned before that I do have SSD's already (from the old PC's). I wouldn't ever use a HDD instead of a SSD.

I don't know if I actually want AMD. Never been a fan of it - I heard lots of people bashing them about the same problem - AMD not being used to it's potential due to shit drivers. I'd like to get one just for the fun of testing that. I also want to buy the PC in the coming week, so I'm definitely not interested in waiting for Q3.

1. PC will be for work (Graphic design) and some gaming.

2. There are 3 more slots that I can fill at the top of the case, which means increased airflow and also the red LED lights which will make it look even better.

3. Yet again, choosing it because of the design, not the price.

I don't worry about the price, since I had a nice income lately. I thought about getting the 980, but I doubt that I'll need it. The 960 is a beast by itself :P

Appreciate the advice!

Edited by Vanguard

are you coming back :D <3

Don't use a 9590 unless

a) you have no heater

b) you want a house fire

c) you want a 5GHz cherry picked 8350

I would go for the first build, it's solid.

Take note the CM V8 is enormous and can interfere with higher profile memory.

Ditch the extra fans, NZXT is notorious for including a lot of casefans.

@Amy - Not to Dofus, no. :)

@Veldin - I've read about the house fires before :D I'll check out the RAM in real life and I'll have to see for myself if it will fit. Wouldn't it be better to get more fans than the default loadout? I mean... More > Better airflow?

Which one comes with a free bottle of wine?

tfw 9590, amirite veldin

JCbZ9.png