• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Announcements

• Rob

Include a selling / offering price   06/11/17

A reminder that all marketplace topics (with exception to Real Estate) should include either selling or offering price. Click Here.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raysns

Ridiculous Support ticket

34 posts in this topic

I am posting this on my phone at school so I will clean it up when I get home

Here are the screenshots of the support ticket

https://imgur.com/a/OJ9rD

https://imgur.com/a/6TAAp

https://imgur.com/a/cdeqE

I know the language isn't really nice but I am very aggravated by this. This is a problem I have on like 5 or 6 of my 8 subscribed accounts and the other 2 or 3 have to buy ogrines so I can sub the accounts I want subbed (currently only 4) but this all would not be that big of a problem IF I WASN'T USING THE SAME CARD. That means there is some switch in their system telling them to deny credit card and PayPal transactions which may be out of this guy's control, but it is complete bull shit on how he is trying to tell me it's some 3D code that I have NEVER had to use for any other game. I suggested that they could get connected or partnered with Steam just like they do with Wakfu. The reasons why this would be so beneficial to them is they would get a large amount of people joining the game, much easier way to pay and some people may have some leftover money on their Steam accounts that they could use for subscription/ogrines, and the payment process with be soooooo much easier and they could also keep their other method of paying for subscription/ogrines on their website the same for people that it works for. I don't know what to do because every time I have talked to a Support person they have been so unbelievably unhelpful and like I said I know it may be out of his/her control but ffs don't blame it on me for your company's mistake. I feel like this game could be the next big thing but there are so many problems with it and this would be a great step in the right direction to get this fixed.

And like I said in the support ticket they removed the Amazon offer that they had which had helped a lot but now I can't buy it

tldr: support unhelpful, steam would be an easy fix to many of their payment problems.

Edited by raysinafy
1 person likes this

i believe the 3D code is a security option that you enable through your bank account/payment options, it has nothing to do with dofus

1 person likes this

Having a go at them isn't gonna solve anything m8

1 person likes this

I have this problem too and the number of tickets I have sent them over the years about it is almost uncountable. I have and use VerifiedByVisa and I know the details are correct on that (the last time I tried I literally rang my bank up before and after and confirmed that the acc/pw for that was in fact what I thought it was, so obviously its fine my end) however they still decline it for an unknown reason. Paypal payment attempts just get the generic blocked message and request to contact support.

Very strange seeing as I previously subbed with Paypal for a little over a year on multiple characters with no problems then suddenly they started getting locked out so I switched to CC, now that issue has followed over to CC as well it seems. No other viable methods to use other than ogrine for me now, mobile is out of the question as its bad enough that I pay 40/month for FFXIV for two accounts letalone having to pay an additional 5 dollar (its actually more because its PSMS - my plan doesnt cover it so it charges extra ontop of the 11 dollar/month cost) over the usual 6 dollar monthly fee PER ACCOUNT.

No idea what a paysafecard is, certainly not getting one (or any of the other cards they accept as I am either not familar with them or not using them) just for dofus and im fairly sure Australia doesnt stock prepaid cards for use in Dofus. Payment problems are half the reason I decided to quit my alts and alternate playing one char a week at a time on the different accounts purely because I can't currently sub them any other way and don't feel obliged to sub beyond a week for the same reason.

tldr First world problems yo

1 person likes this

You talk like it's just so easy to "talk to his boss to solve this issue".

- Hey boss, come over here!

- What's up?

- This guy can't sub, can you help him?

- Sure, let me just change the whole company's system in 10 minutes and talk to Valve while my coffee isn't ready. Ask this polite (cough cough) gentleman to wait a lil bit, shall you?

seriously m8, think a little. And as Sonmanker said, having a go at them ain't gonna solve anything and even less speed up your ticket. Being polite never hurt anybody.

Just a little note a little bit off topic-ish. When people told me to be polite when writing a ticket I always asked myself who wouldn't. Guess that was answered today, hh.

7 people like this

holy fuk they did reply at... sunday

and they never do the same to me :c

i believe the 3D code is a security option that you enable through your bank account/payment options, it has nothing to do with dofus

It's their problem that that there is some 3D code that I am not even asked for...

Having a go at them isn't gonna solve anything m8

That's what I'm making this post for... What should I do because this is not helpful at all...

You talk like it's just so easy to "talk to his boss to solve this issue".

- Hey boss, come over here!

- What's up?

- This guy can't sub, can you help him?

- Sure, let me just change the whole company's system in 10 minutes and talk to Valve while my coffee isn't ready. Ask this polite (cough cough) gentleman to wait a lil bit, shall you?

seriously m8, think a little. And as Sonmanker said, having a go at them ain't gonna solve anything and even less speed up your ticket. Being polite never hurt anybody.

Just a little note a little bit off topic-ish. When people told me to be polite when writing a ticket I always asked myself who wouldn't. Guess that was answered today, hh.

Why would I be polite while I'm trying to give them money and they have a stupid system... If you act really polite they will be like "oh this isn't that big of a problem" and does nothing to fix it at all... They do work for someone and if they don't they wouldn't be doing shit and get payed for doing nothing, so they do have a boss and that boss and maybe if that actually decide to say something like the system is fucked maybe they will do something about it but I'm no gonna let them get away with saying it's my problem that they have a useless program that makes 0 fucking sense

holy fuk they did reply at... sunday

and they never do the same to me :c

And it's Sunday my time not theirs XD

If you act really polite they will be like "oh this isn't that big of a problem" and does nothing to fix it at all...

That's the biggest misconception people like you have. They see someone being mad and think "fuck that cunt, I'd rather help someone who appreciates my help. look, this guy is pretty calm and gives all the details necessary to help me solve his issue. Oh, and another, he's missing a couple things but he's polite enough, let's help him, too. Oh, that cunt from earlier, nah, let's not bother. fuck him."

6 people like this

Clearly you have no idea what 3D secure is, so here you go.

Getting hissy at support staff is never going to help your case. The reason they've been so tough on payments of late is after Ankama lost huge sums of money through fraudulent transactions which they then had to repay. I'm not saying that their current policy is acceptable, but as Rainy said it isn't quite as simple as turning around to your boss, saying "so and so is swearing at me", and changing the entire policy. Obviously if there was a quick fix they would use it, no company intentionally turns down revenue.

6 people like this

That's the biggest misconception people like you have. They see someone being mad and think "fuck that cunt, I'd rather help someone who appreciates my help. look, this guy is pretty calm and gives all the details necessary to help me solve his issue. Oh, and another, he's missing a couple things but he's polite enough, let's help him, too. Oh, that cunt from earlier, nah, let's not bother. fuck him."

You go ahead and try that out man... I would love to see it happen

Clearly you have no idea what 3D secure is, so here you go.

Getting hissy at support staff is never going to help your case. The reason they've been so tough on payments of late is after Ankama lost huge sums of money through fraudulent transactions which they then had to repay. I'm not saying that their current policy is acceptable, but as Rainy said it isn't quite as simple as turning around to your boss, saying "so and so is swearing at me", and changing the entire policy. Obviously if there was a quick fix they would use it, no company intentionally turns down revenue.

And if being so nice and kind to support people is the way to go then why is there a shitty payment service? And besides the people who sign up for a support job they should understand that the people who are getting "supported" have probably tried everything they can to fix their problem and obviously it's not working so they are going to be aggravated just like I am now. And the 3D code is NON EXISTANT. I have NEVER seen an option to enter in your 3D code ANYWHERE! Like I can screenshot it when I get home and show you there is NO place to enter a 3D code

AND if you read what I said in the post was that I use THE SAME credit card to buy the SAME thing on different accounts and 1 will work and the other won't. This would not be that big of a deal to me if the card was bad and it didn't work for anything but that's not what is happening. I'm sorry to come off as yelling but you guys are missing what I'm saying and are just searching for all the bad words that I say.

Edited by raysinafy

You go ahead and try that out man... I would love to see it happen

I've done that plenty of times. http://imgur.com/a/WASgf

3 people like this

I've done that plenty of times. http://imgur.com/a/WASgf

Those are all from problems that that guy can actually help with... I'm pretty sure in his position right now he is not able to help me directly but he can tell someone above him that something is wrong with the system.

I don't think anyone is missing the point.

As to why you can only use your debit card on certain accounts is most likely down to a certain security criteria, which obviously can't be disclosed. I.e age, past transactions, personal details. You need to go through your bank to activate the 3D security on your card, which is generally a simple enough process.

You're probably right on his position. He can't help you beyond what he's already said. And if you think Ankama as a business are unaware of the payment issues beyond front line staff; I don't know what to say...

You'll just have to deal with it, everyone's in the same boat.

2 people like this

I don't think anyone is missing the point.

As to why you can only use your debit card on certain accounts is most likely down to a certain security criteria, which obviously can't be disclosed. I.e age, past transactions, personal details. You need to go through your bank to activate the 3D security on your card, which is generally a simple enough process.

You're probably right on his position. He can't help you beyond what he's already said. And if you think Ankama as a business are unaware of the payment issues beyond front line staff; I don't know what to say...

You'll just have to deal with it, everyone's in the same boat.

I've already talked to my bank's support and they basically said it's not on their side and the problem isn't originating from them.

I'm gonna go on a limb here and assume that his boss is very well aware of the issue in their system. Because they've been getting emails like yours (similarly rude, too) for the past 2+ years.

He told you what to do, he gave you a giant list of alternative payment options.

Here's what I'd suggest: reopen the ticket and write (no, don't bother writing, just copy/paste this, your version is not gonna be helpful):

"Hi, first of all I want to apologize for my previous rude behavior. I have since calmed down and genuinely try to work on a solution for this.

I'm afraid none of these options are all that acceptable to be quite frank. Especially because you mentioned that the prepaid options may not be available for certain subscriptions/boosters or Ogrines pack (all things I may or may not require in the future).

There's one information I mentioned earlier, but I kinda threw it in there in the middle of a rant and it's possible you might've missed it:

I'm actually able to use this very same credit card on a number of other accounts without any problems. It's just happening on 2-3 of my accounts, this one included.

It seems odd that the card works on some accounts and not on others. Could you maybe do me the kind favor and have another look? I just feel like there should be something different between these accounts and this one.

Account names: ______ _________ __________ __________ _______ and _______

Thank you very much and I apologize once again for the previous messages."

Use this text, stop being an entitled cunt demanding to "speak to the manager", make a thread on the official forum if you really want Dofus on Steam, know that the Dofus servers are being targeted with a DDoS attack and the admins are doing all they can do to reduce the lag and for fucks sake be a little more polite to someone in support.

3 people like this

I'm gonna go on a limb here and assume that his boss is very well aware of the issue in their system. Because they've been getting emails like yours (similarly rude, too) for the past 2+ years.He told you what to do, he gave you a giant list of alternative payment options.Here's what I'd suggest: reopen the ticket and write (no, don't bother writing, just copy/paste this, your version is not gonna be helpful):"Hi, first of all I want to apologize for my previous rude behavior. I have since calmed down and genuinely try to work on a solution for this.I'm afraid none of these options are all that acceptable to be quite frank. Especially because you mentioned that the prepaid options may not be available for certain subscriptions/boosters or Ogrines pack (all things I may or may not require in the future).There's one information I mentioned earlier, but I kinda threw it in there in the middle of a rant and it's possible you might've missed it:I'm actually able to use this very same credit card on a number of other accounts without any problems. It's just happening on 2-3 of my accounts, this one included.It seems odd that the card works on some accounts and not on others. Could you maybe do me the kind favor and have another look? I just feel like there should be something different between these accounts and this one.Account names: ______ _________ __________ __________ _______ and _______Thank you very much and I apologize once again for the previous messages."Use this text, stop being an entitled cunt demanding to "speak to the manager", make a thread on the official forum if you really want Dofus on Steam, know that the Dofus servers are being targeted with a DDoS attack and the admins are doing all they can do to reduce the lag and for fucks sake be a little more polite to someone in support.

I am entitled for their help I am a customer why else would they pay for someone to do that? To not help people? Is that suppose to make any sense at all?...I've made an almost similar support ticket to what I just made but in a much nicer tone and it was not helpful at all just like this one but you know what... Just for shits and giggles I'll try it

And why is it that they can put a whole bunch of resources into getting xp gained given back to people after the rollback, which I bet would be a kind of hard job not gonna lie, but they can't find a way to stop ddos attacks?

Edited by raysinafy

Because preventing thousands of individual IP's making contact with your server repeatedly isn't especially easy?

3 people like this

I am entitled for their help I am a customer why else would they pay for someone to do that?

You're entitled to get support. You got support and he answered and gave you your options. You're not entitled to demand business decisions like moving Dofus to Steam.

I've made an almost similar support ticket to what I just made but in a much nicer tone and it was not helpful at all just like this one but you know what... Just for shits and giggles I'll try it

Best of luck! :)

And why is it that they can put a whole bunch of resources into getting xp gained given back to people after the rollback, which I bet would be a kind of hard job not gonna lie, but they can't find a way to stop ddos attacks?

Those 2 things aren't really the same. one is looking through algorithms and logs and the other is increasing security while also not blocking every player from normal game access. DDoS attacks make it difficult to single out the IPs that are doing the attacking. If they just block a massive range then people would complain about that.

People keep thinking being a developer/admin is so easy. It's a massive amount of work.

3 people like this

You remind me of those geniuses that get mad when a new visual thing is released and keep saying "oh so to release useless eyecandy to earn money you guys have the staff, but to actually fix bugs it's taking this many months!11".

If only the company wasn't made of one team for all tasks, right? And seriously, get your shit together man. No one will ever want to help a rude ass customer like you, people will just copy paste as they're paid to do but they won't move a finger to actually go find a solution if you think you can boss people around.

4 of us can't be wrong :^)

1 person likes this

You remind me of those geniuses that get mad when a new visual thing is released and keep saying "oh so to release useless eyecandy to earn money you guys have the staff, but to actually fix bugs it's taking this many months!11".

If only the company wasn't made of one team for all tasks, right? And seriously, get your shit together man. No one will ever want to help a rude ass customer like you, people will just copy paste as they're paid to do but they won't move a finger to actually go find a solution if you think you can boss people around.

4 of us can't be wrong :^)

0 of you are having this problem, so you do not understand

And just like the other guy that posted a compilation of all his successful tickets, all of them are easily fixable which is saying nothing at all, but being so mellow about everything it's gonna make it sound like it's not a big deal and just do nothing about it... If this was a problem on my side this of it then I would have fixed it but when I call my bank and credit card company and they say the problem is not on their side, what the fuck am I suppose to do??? Yes I may be rude but I am being real and this is a real problem that is just getting let by because they don't understand the problem is on their side

Edited by raysinafy

Of course they understand the problem is on their side. Things always look a lot simpler to solve when you have absolutely no idea on the circumstances or internal decisions a business is forced to make.

Just as I explained earlier they suffered huge losses due to fraud within the last few years and as such intentionally enforced extremely strict policies until they could resolve it. Not to mention various payment systems actually backing out of their partnership with Ankama in the aftermath which limited possibilities even further.

Most people are effected by it one way or another- if you're polite toward support they're going to be in a better position to assist you beyond the generic copy paste responses you've most likely been receiving. I know for a fact I wouldn't be inclined to step above my duty to help someone who's disrespectful toward me or anyone else.

3 people like this

0 of you are having this problem, so you do not understand

I can't pay with anything but my credit card. German people don't usually have credit cards. Paypal and and everything else I used to use as payment option has been disabled for me for years. And every time I use my card I get a notice that they'll need to make a check, which can last 24 hours (usually only lasts 5 minutes). So, yeah, I have a very similar issue and found a way to work with it.

And just like the other guy that posted a compilation of all his successful tickets, all of them are easily fixable which is saying nothing at all, but being so mellow about everything it's gonna make it sound like it's not a big deal and just do nothing about it...

I already gave you my opinion on that and you clearly don't understand how people work. Even with proof that kindness works way easier than being mad at support. Edited by Goatee
3 people like this

You aren't entitled to anything, regardless if you are a customer. Unfortunately for the guy answering your tickets, he doesn't get to choose not to help you. Pissing him/her off is not going resolve your issue any faster. I see my fair share of tech support tickets at my job and ones like yours sit for a good while after each response like the ones you've linked. Grow up, be civil, and work with the people that can help you get your issue resolved instead of flaming them and suggesting sideways impossible solutions to issues you made up in the first place.

3 people like this

Ok well I do agree that this guy is going about this all wrong, but come on, everyone knows that's its been 2+ years since all the fraud issues, and there solution to the problem hasn't changed one bit. I've never seen a company that has such a problem with allowing people to give them money, I know if it was my company that would be my number one concern....

1 person likes this

Ok well I do agree that this guy is going about this all wrong, but come on, everyone knows that's its been 2+ years since all the fraud issues, and there solution to the problem hasn't changed one bit. I've never seen a company that has such a problem with allowing people to give them money, I know if it was my company that would be my number one concern....

nah ima just keep watching them circle jerk about how what i did was rude and wrong, but maybe some day they will come to the actual problem