• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stryder

Abandoned Guilds

Hello.

So I was looking into making a new guild. but unfortunately the name wanted was already taken. However, looking at the in-game fellow pages, I saw that the guild with the name was a very low lvl guild. So I thought maybe I could try to contact the leader and see if I could purchase the guild from him. Turns out none of the 6 members of the guild have been connected to Dofus in the last 6 months (Dofus community character page directory confirmed this for me). Is there an "abandoned guild" policy like the houses policy? I searched but have not been able to find any info on it. I know that guilds get deleted after a certain period of inactivity, but does anyone know the complete timetable and details? Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit: Just realized this probably belongs in the informatory. Sorry! Can a mod move this please and thanks?

Edited by Stryder

Could always be moved to suggestion box instead of informatory ;)

Seems like a good idea, would prevent names being taken up by people who no longer play the game

Impossible.

It's like asking for character names that arent used for a while. pls i want XxRamboPlxX he didnt log for 2 years.

Edited by Denniz

He logged 3months from today but good point-.....-

If none of the characters in the Guild log in for 1 year, the Guild will be automatically deleted. So you'll have to wait a few more months unless they log on.

3 people like this

i don't think u can get the character names or at least i tried that months ago xD.

Guilds and characters are different things, but I see where you're coming from. I was almost certain that unused guilds get deleted after a certain time period, as a few small guilds that I led many years ago are no longer around. Also my cousin's guild also disappeared as well after a long period of inactivity. If the length is a year, I'm not sure I want to wait that long, so I'll probably just end up choosing a different name. Thanks for the help.

A character that is inactive for 3 months is automatically kicked out of the guild.
If the guild leader is kicked out this way, the leadership will get passed down to the next in rank. If there are multiple people with the same rank, It has a way of determining it (Can't remember if it's activity or xp, believe the later)
If there are no characters in a guild, the guild is automatically deleted
~~~~~~
There are some oddities with this

If there are no characters in a guild, and that guild is the only guild in an alliance, and that alliance owns territory, the character that left the guild will be forced back into the guild they left and attempted to delete (lol)

If the game bugs and doesn't register how long the player has been inactive, and it just happens to be that way at the time they would get kicked, it doesn't seem to kick them (this might be old history that isn't applicable). Generally this sort of bug lasts less than a day, but I haven't seen it in quite some time.

I've seen an interesting situation where the leadership of a guild would get passed down to an alt of the same person, and both characters had disconnected simultaneously, resulting in both characters inheriting the leadership position, and neither being kicked (the newer leader was the one that showed up as leader)

but none of those are likely applicable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I really wish you could ask a mod to get you a name that hasn't been used... I would LOVE Piro on Rushu :/ AFAIK, noone active uses it, it's just on some who-cares acct :/

Edited by Piro
2 people like this

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really wish you could ask a mod to get you a name that hasn't been used... I would LOVE Piro on Rushu :/ AFAIK, noone active uses it, it's just on some who-cares acct :/

That's me sorry bud ;)

Thanks. That's very detailed and informative. The guild name that I'm trying to register is "Rebirth" on Rushu, in case someone's alt happens to be the leader.

A character that is inactive for 3 months is automatically kicked out of the guild.

If the guild leader is kicked out this way, the leadership will get passed down to the next in rank. If there are multiple people with the same rank, It has a way of determining it (Can't remember if it's activity or xp, believe the later)

If there are no characters in a guild, the guild is automatically deleted

Can confirm this from breeding guilds I've had. Most times they were populated only with my alts, so it was simple matter of recreating them with the same name ("Hello Kitty" ftw). From what I could tell the old guild name became available immediately after automatic deletion.

Sometimes though a low-level random that just wanted to roll with the Kitties managed to stick around long enough to get the guild and paddocks. None of them were evil or anything, they just logged the character once or twice whereas I hadn't at all.

The annoying part is that since individuals can't own paddocks, they would be offered up for sale at the list price. Not that finding paddocks was a big deal on Solar. :lol:

My advice would be to keep an eye on it every few weeks, put a hyphen or something in your guild's name and change over when it's available.