• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Announcements

• Rob

Server Merge and Changes to Imps Village   04/30/17

The old server sections will still be viewable at the bottom of the forum list under Legacy Servers, but read only. If you wish for any thread to be moved to the new sections, please report your own thread to bring it to our attention and tell us where you need it to go.
Seyif

Dofus Lab : 1st Project

48 posts in this topic

1456326637-5738367c-075d-467d-8699-b0f8c

Hi everyone, I'm here today to talk about the new forum section "Dofus Lab".

This section is meant for developers to share ideas and possible projects with the community. Depending on the feedbacks they might be implemented or not.

But what is the 1st feature that is gonna be presented ?

Exploiting the black parts on the right/left part of the game window and fill them.
What they have created is a system that displays part of the adjacent maps on the black parts, it doesn't show players nor mobs from the adjacent map. Only the graphics ! This functionality is hard to implement since some maps don't exactly fit with adjacent maps (because of some elements, shading, lights, etc...). For now they implemented it in Incarnam and Astrub.

The game experience is still the same but visually the maps will be prettier and in a "fake" 16:9 format.

1118-faux.png

This functionality can be tested on Dofus Beta just after the livestream on http://www.twitch.tv/dofus_en at 5pm on the 24th of February.

Clicking the new : 1456326437-button.png button on the Beta server.

to the english topic : http://forum.dofus.com/en/1118-dofus-lab/321654-welcome-lab

Edited by Seyif
4 people like this

Interesting idea, can't wait to see it.

Not wide enough.

u6Uc6RA.png

QzS0V4T.png

5 people like this

Here are some screenshots how this is gonna look like:

ADkDQgs.png
DG6Bssk.png

kdvKn52.png
SRuRDYx.png
hJtkAUh.png

And here you can see the issue some maps have:
BHquer3.png
X2iSVVV.png

And here's a proof that they really only use the 2 immediately adjacent maps. You won't end up with a multitude of maps with "super-duper-widescreens":
c5ehqia.png

Edited by Goatee
1 person likes this

I'm pretty impressed with this tbh, of course theres quite a few maps where the graphics look strange upon merging because of lighting or something, refer to images above. Mentioned on stream that they are working on fixing that as well as integrating a smaller minimap so theres that.

THE END OF THE BLACK BAR ERA IS AT HAND

Edited by Tamamo-no-Mae
1 person likes this

I just had multiple nerdgasms.

Next step should be moving the treasure hunt thingy into the black bars and maybe the map too. they could even go for quest steps in the black bars.

2 people like this

would love the menu bar/chat spread out also but might be 2 much.

1 person likes this

THE END OF THE BLACK BAR ERA IS AT HAND

Not actually the end, apparently there will be an option to turn it on/off, which is great :D.

I was running around with that 16:9 resoultion and it kind of hurt my eyes after awhile, it requires a lot of getting used to :<

Edited by Ultimate-Sensation

at least no more stupid treasure hunt clues that are cut off by the edge of screens XD

2 people like this

Two notes:

1. Maybe it would be a good idea to extend the chat/spell bar so there is not this weird spot in the background and also you would be able to put on more spells on the 1st page (or potions, HP consumables etc in nonfight mode). Just for your imagination I edited this pic so my thought is clear to all of you (I used Goatee's pic, hope you don't mind):

wu02Bnd.png

2. It doesn't work for tactical mode. Maybe it would be nice to add some features with info about the ongoing fight in the background to fill the empty spot so you don't have to swap between wide screen while you're not in the fight and normal, square screen with 2 big black empty spots when you're fighting.

Edited by Vikin
1 person likes this

Guys, don't forget to post your suggestions and feedback on the official forums where the devs can see it. :)

Edited by Izmar
5 people like this

This is pretty sweet. I'm now happy i have a large monitor that will actually be used fully

Why not focuss on the big current problems like bugged quests but make some new relatively usless feature? idk just an idea

This is just a bold guess but I think they might be working on more than 1 thing at once

7 people like this

I've been complaining for years about how we get a square screen on a rectangular monitor. This isn't exactly ideal for multiaccounters, but for single accouters it makes the game look a little better even if its just aesthetics. Full Screen mode might actually fill the screen (not that anyone uses full screen mode, yes there's such thing)

Not to mention it'll help with T-hunts when ankama cheats and put the clue half on the map!

Edited by CAFATT

I'm still waiting for Ankama to start actually using their player base to help program things,

which I thought this feature would be. I was wrong obviously...

Why not let players also mess with code in the beta for themselves? If it's great, then ankama can just adopt it in the real game...

Anyway, on topic, I can only like ankama communicating to the players B-) :ph34r:

On the first project: looks good, hopefully this opens the door to useful things in these areas as well!

Keep up the good work!

1 person likes this

How bout the bug where it randomly kicks random people out or underlines my whole chat and and making it harder to see xd

but....but....kicking random people is a part of the dofus experience! :rolleyes:

1 person likes this

lol no it makes me mad always kicks my friend in kolo D=

then we lose lol

Love love what they did with the blackbars. When you zoom in it looks really cool and like a real widescreen game. And not fake maps next to it or whatever.

r3OGbpB.jpg

3 people like this

Can we start making our own custom themes too in the future? Maybe? Very maybe? Pretty please c:?

3 people like this

What ever happened to Dofus Modules? Was it discontinued because they realized that they hadn't properly thought it through and there were tons of security issues, no way to enforce quality, etc? Dofus modules obviously wouldn't be able to tackle the black screen stuff, but it would allow direct involvement by the community to improve upon the interfaces.

'Dofus Lab' is obviously a good idea as it makes the community feel more involved, but modules would have been direct involvement.

With modules you could have fixed all of the annoyances with lack of features in the paddock menus. Basic sorting options like sorting by the serenity stuff (forgot what it is called) could have been done. I remember someone had made one that highlights mobs that contain archs. There was so much potential there to improve upon the game and best of all is that the improvements would be optional and made by the community without Ankama having to spend resources.

3 people like this

I love 16:9 mode

what i would love more is if on one side of where the black bars used to be is my general, guild and group chat and on the other is fight chat <3 Wont have to miss anything <3 with opaque background too so i can see the aesthetic map behind it :3 #Wishfulthinking

1 person likes this

What ever happened to Dofus Modules? Was it discontinued because they realized that they hadn't properly thought it through and there were tons of security issues, no way to enforce quality, etc? Dofus modules obviously wouldn't be able to tackle the black screen stuff, but it would allow direct involvement by the community to improve upon the interfaces.

That was answered 2 weeks ago. http://impsvillage.com/forums/topic/149148-izmars-going-to-stream-at-8-pm-dofusfrench-time-ask-her-anything/page-2#entry1466122