• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Grammiesue aka Aprilwine

My grandson aka Doubletrouble died from a stupid drinking game

Three weeks ago my 18 year old grandson went to a party at 10:00 p.m. and played a stupid drinking game......less than 2 1/2 hours later he was in a coma.....four days later he died. His parents, who is my son and daughter in law have shared their story. Here is a link to an audio interview. Maybe hearing it will save another life. https://youtu.be/a9kWsjGPo2U

I made the character, Grammiesue special to play with Brady 7 years ago. I made a guild called Look What the Cat Drug in, so we could all play together and he could be SIC of a guild. He was a little boy playing with me as was his brother, but Brady enjoyed playing Dofus more. We had a lot of fun together.

Losing Brady has changed my life forever. My family all suffer horribly the nightmare of losing him. He was a great kid, fun, ambitious, smart, going somewhere and now he is dead.

How did this drinking game kill him? He drank so much, so fast, he passed out. His friends carried him to another room......he threw up and possibly drowned. Someone took a picture and put it on facebook. Another friend saw it and rushed to the house. He called for an ambulance. Brady had turned blue. They took him to the hospital which was only a block away from the party. They did everything they could but couldn't save him.

I care about kids. Most of the people in this game have been respectful to me, knowing I am a senior lady. They helped me...had fun with me, helped me learn things in the game and sat and talked to me around zaps and places. I'm making this post because I care about all of you, young and old. Please share this story wherever you can. Below is a pic of Brady and me in Dofus.

I have been so sad for losing my grandson......I cry a lot, walk the floors....no words can describe my hurt. Please, watch over each other. If you are at a party and there is drinking going on, one of you watch to make sure everyone is ok. If you come across someone passed out from drinking, they may be suffering from alcohol poisoning too and on the road to death. This happens all too much. Drinking games can kill.

jCbsGeJ.png

34 people like this

I'm so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine how it's like to lose a family member younger than you, a son or a grandson. I've seen how much it hurt in my grandma's eyes losing her children and it's simply indescribable. It's something I wish nobody ever has to go through, and I wish you and your family all the best, may him rest in piece.

5 people like this

You are a very caring grandmother. People take substances like alcohol way too lightly and don't realize the negative consequences before it is too late. Drinking casually is ok as long you know your body weight ratio while knowing and embracing the responsibilities. This is why people need to take action by intervening more often and not be a bystander when they can see something terrible happen . I'm sorry for what happened as this may take a very long time before the pain through the loss of someone can be used in a positive way by showing the dangers of excessive alcohol or other scenarios to save lives.

Rest in peace Brady.

Edited by Bochi
1 person likes this

My condolences to you and your family.

Losing a loved one is one of the hardest things I have ever had to go through and I'm sure this is the same for yourself; especially given the circumstances. Make sure to cherish your fond memories of Brady rather than dwelling in what can't be changed. I have the up most respect for your openness and care in sharing this story to try and protect others here.

Wishing you all the best moving forward, Rob.

5 people like this

So sorry for your loss, but very noble of his one friend to drop everything and make sure he's ok.

1 person likes this

This is so sad. My condolence to you. I have seen the guild around and I am pretty sure I will remember this story by seeing the guild.

I wish you all the best. Thank you for sharing this.

3 people like this

I'm very sorry to hear that. This must be very tough for you, and I hope you can all overcome this tragedy.

Rest In Peace, Brady.

3 people like this

My deepest condolences for you and your family.

May his soul rest in peace.

1 person likes this

Deepest condolences to you and your family, I bet it must be horrible to lose someone so young.

Thank you so much for posting this story, I'm sure many people would be completely in the dark about what alcohol can do, I Myself don't like drinking at all. It pushed my mum to overdosing and almost killed herself. I have never really been a fan of alochol and I don't think I ever will be, and that's because of these sort of stories. I am very glad you had the courage to share this with us to let us know the dangers. We will definitely be caring for eachother, and we will care for yourself. I don't know you really but if you ever need a chat, I'm sure these other lovely people and myself will be here for you through this tough time.

I really hope you celebrate his life, don't grieve it in the wrong context. He sounds like he was an amazing Grandson, and friend. I wish you and your family the best through this time.

3 people like this

That is really sad, may he rest in and peace. May you and your family find any form of peace from this tragedy. Wish you well.

1 person likes this

I am so sorry for your loss T_T this is so sad

R.I.P Brady

1 person likes this

I'm so sorry for your loss and I really do hope your family finds peace in their lives after this tragedy.

Thank you for sharing your story, hopefully it'll enlighten more people and it'll help raise more awareness for this sort of stuff.

May he rest in peace

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain and anguish you and your family are going through, and the thoughts of the whole CM team are with all of you.

Brady sounds like he was a very special person. Thank you for sharing this part of his life and trying to protect others from the same sadness; it's very kind of you to care for others even when you're hurting.

7 people like this

I appreciate everyone's comments. Thank you. Pass it on please.....save a life.

11 people like this

Im sorry for your loss.. My condolences to you and your family & may Brady rest in peace.

Sorry for your lose. Condolences to you and your family.

So sorry for your loss. That is terribly tragic.

Sending my thoughts and many hugs.

Very sorry to read about your loss. That is an awful way to lose someone. My condolences to you and your family.

Sad story,sorry for your loss.Situations like this always reminds me why i'm in love with cannabis.

Requiescat In Pace young boy.

1 person likes this

Sorry about your loss Aprilwine. My thoughts to you and your family, and thank you for sharing this <3.

My condolences, I am very sorry for your loss.

Thanks for sharing his story too.

Just wanted to add as advice to people that still go drinking a lot that if someone is passed out or sleeping after heavy drinking alcohol, a friend or someone has to lay them on their side (preferably left side) or in a prone position, or they could throw up and suffer from aspiration pneumonia, which is lethal.

2 people like this

Even sharing this with everyone requires strength. Respect to you. Theres is a saying in the country i live : "The greatest pain is to lose your young family member." We will never be able to feel the pain you and his parents feel but even from here we may try to be with you all and share your feelings. The only thing i could say is that i am sorry for your loss. May him rest in peace.

1 person likes this

No parent and no grandparent should ever see their children or their children's children leave this world before them. I'm so sorry this has happened, I can hardly imagine the pain you suffer. Thank you for sharing this information with us, including the warning. It is a shame that Doubletrouble was taken from you like this, he had a wonderful grandmother who he was able to share his interest with.

May he rest in peace. :(

4 people like this

Omg i am so sorry for you & your family's loss! Prayers be with you all and may u all find peace. RIP Brady :(