• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Announcements

• Rob

Include a selling / offering price   06/11/17

A reminder that all marketplace topics (with exception to Real Estate) should include either selling or offering price. Click Here.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Haxx

English integrating into LGN

English Mass Recruitment to LGN

DISCLAIMER: If you don't want to write an application and feel its over the top, don't continue reading ! Only for those who are truly interested.

2nd DISCLAIMER: Not so sure if Untouchables is recruiting or for this idea, but I put them down as a guild that may invite(if problems with this just message me in game Ignore)

REPLY TO THIS POST. THOSE WHO WILL REPLY WILL BE GIVEN MORE PRIORITY.

Hello all, I have recently spoken to a few english players and they are very keen to join my guild or enter a guild into LGN. If you would like to enter LGN.

If you feel as though our atmosphere in my guild or the guild you enter isn't the right one for you, there's another english guild in LGN, Untouchables, I could try ask the leader Ignore if he could adopt a few people *wink wink* Ignore

What can I benefit from this?

• Firstly, you can benefit being in an environment that isn't dominated purely by French players, there is a mix of everything.
  • Secondly, you can play with some of the big english players such as Ignore, Mord-mord, myself and a few others you'll eventually meet.
  • You will have the opportunity to progress with the help of your own people in an alot safer way. LGN does have prisms that could benefit your experience on this server.
  • You can be advised by some of the higher english players; don't think this is a strange thing ! Advice is one of the best things to have on this server.
  • If you die in a dungeon, someone from the alliance would typically recover all of your things and give you your items back.

What can you benefit from being in my guild or in Untouchables:

• You have access to some of the very useful paddocks / houses that could save your time and even your life.
  • The guilds are already high leveled, making perceptors a very useful asset to your income.
  • You are surrounded by pure english players, or players that can speak fluent english both in-game and on communication tools (teamspeak, skype)

I have talked with all of the leaders of LGN so I'm very sure every single person will be added to LGN, or atleast I hope they will.

I expect a few members from Rise to reply here :)

Bochi if your nubbyness ever wants to come back to Oto ( we all know you want to ) I suggest you do so now while I have a window open for invites xD

I will write up a template of the type of application you have to write, you just have to fill in the blanks and change it if you feel as if you don't like it

Don't let this opportunity pass by ! You can play with some of the best english players on the server by being in this alliance! B-)

The application of myself + guildies :

http://sertuenheren.exprimetoi.net/t2854-recruitment-attempt-2

The application of Untouchables(Other english guild in LGN) :

http://sertuenheren.exprimetoi.net/t2290-untouchables-guild-candidacy

Edited by Haxx
3 people like this

EDIT IF YOU'D PREFER TO DO IT THE WAY YOU WANT!

Template:

____________ = FILL IN THE BLANK

(Hello/Hi/Bonjour) ____ people of LGN, first I'd like to introduce myself.

My name is ____, I am ___ years old and I am from the country ______.

I started playing the server Oto Mustam in ______ .

The reason I like this server is because of ______ and ______ .

Some of the people I already know in LGN are

• Rays
  • King Crunchie
  • ________

Some of the history of myself on this server is that

• _______
  • _______
  • _______

Some of my goals on this server are that I want to

• ________
  • ________
  • ________

The characters I have available are

• _______ ( after the name, post a picture of what the character looks like in character select)
  • _______
  • _______

The professions I have are

• _______
  • _______
  • _______

The reasons I'd like to LGN are

• ________
  • ________
  • ________

Thanks for your time! I hope you like my application!

At the end of everyones post, I want someone to post a screen of all your characters on the same map(in a house) or something like that, usually helps a bit

Edited by Haxx

Hey, I'd like to give it a go. I'm currently in Rise with several alts. I was in conspiracy theory for a short while but I just ended up taking another break from the game. I have a few lvl 130s with my main being a lvl 159 cra and it's hard to do anything not having access to prisms or even houses (due to guild not being 2 months old).

IGN is Silver-Bullet

Rise has put in an application to join LGN, lets see where this takes us, thanks for the help Haxx.

(Here's the post)

I believe that the layout is great, but the huge issue for many is a lot of people feel very lazy and don't want to fill an application making it more discouraging to try joining. A lot of the apps I've seen on the website are all very experienced Rise guild members and not new novices like myself or others on imps. I've read some really detailed dedicated apps from jumpermina and rumorz which blew me away lol. I find it entertaining though because it shows who you are more as a person and they can determine whether you will end up being a great fit or a flop.

My Questions:

How do new or beginner players have any chance to get accepted through the application when they have little or not much knowledge of heroic?

When all Untouchables, Rise, and Conspiracy Theory are in LGN; how will people outside of these be able to join either of the english speaking guilds, assuming the person wanting to join is an english speaker and willing to learn?

Edited by Bochi
1 person likes this

I'm not sure about what the process will be to get newer players to heroic/dofus into Rise once we're in LGN (here's hoping) but we will have an alt guild for new characters that wish to join Rise. There will be a trial period so we can see how they play, what their knowledge of the game is, if they quit after they die or if they're in it for the long haul. Once they've gotten a feel for the server or if we deem them trustworthy I don't see any issue with them joining Rise, maybe haxx can jump in here on what he thinks about newer players in LGN.

Maybe there will have to be an application made, i'm not sure, but I will never be against english speaking players wishing to join my guild or the alt guild. This guild grew with veterans and new players to heroic and I don't want that to change at all.

This is the best answer I can give as I have no idea of the inner workings of LGN and who they accept/won't accept.

My Questions:

How do new or beginner players have any chance to get accepted through the application when they have little or not much knowledge of heroic?

When all Untouchables, Rise, and Conspiracy Theory are in LGN; how will people outside of these be able to join either of the english speaking guilds, assuming the person wanting to join is an english speaker and willing to learn?

I have done this with a few people; what I do is I invite them to guild without having an application done, let them build up a bit, get a few things going for themselves and then have them post the application, application is compulsary for the reason that spies and haters don't get through as easy, proves to LGN you can put a bit of effort into things you do.

As Anodyne pointed out he will still have an alt guild that I will probably have a character or two in to help keep things going if needed.

Edit : The applications that've been made so far are really good, fairly sure one of the admins want to talk to me regarding this and then they should put it in the private forum where we vote on it, and I'm sure nearly everyone will vote yes

Edited by Haxx

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooo, people of LGN!! First I'd like to introduce myself, hope you guys like me; :wub:

My name is Felipe, I'm 20 and I'm from Brazil (I know there is a guild called Brazucas, but isn't my kind of people, hope where I'm from doesn't count that much in recruitment).

English isn't my native language as you can see, a lot of grammar errors will came from my mouth, or my fingers, but we can understand each other, that is the deal. I avoid to use translator, just because making mistakes can help me to learn about grammar rules, etc...

I've started playing the server Oto Mustam in 2009(?). But I left the game years ago, and now I'm back... Without the knowledge of how is Oto nowadays, but I had a lot of research about it .

The reason I like this server is because of is that f**king awesome, has a lot amount of players, it's intense and the feeling of getting back what once was mine give me reasons to play, without getting tired.

Some of the people I already know in LGN are Rays and Haxx... I know them, but they don't. I saw pictures, read posts, well... That's all.

My big history:

I'm not good telling history.

I'm the kind of the guy when your mother asks: "How was your school today?", I'll just answer: "Good".

Errr.... That's me! :D

Some of my goals on this server are that I want to:

Die at level 200! Common, forever x6 :rolleyes:

The characters and professions I have available are:

None, gonna start today at night :P

The reasons I'd like to LGN are:

- Meet new people. Make friends to play with. Have support for more expert players with tips for playing.

I don't have much, but I'm a good person, that can evolve. Hope you guys liked me.
I promise your time will not be wasted (damn, I guess this is completely incorrect grammar btw, you got the idea) I'll evolve like a pokemon with an element stone, and become brighter than the sun, just to pleasure you guys and remind yourselves: "Oh, that little guy once asked to join our guild. He's now awesome. That is my boy."

Thanks all :wub:

I am pretty sure Scy that you have to write an application on the main LGN (La Garde De Nuit) website. Your information is fairly empty and needs to be more detailed so others will understand what are your goals and passions in order to know you better as a person of interest. The information you provided here in attempt to make an application needs a lot of work and more effort, I felt like it took only 5 minutes to write it. Imagine yourself applying to a college or a job, you won't take 5 minutes to write an application. You will put hours of effort to make yourself presentable and convincing to the people that are looking to recruit people with true potential. Be creative with your application by showing screenshots (pictures) of what you've done in game. Tell us something that makes you stand out from the rest; we all want to die at level 200 x6 forever which states the obvious. When you say; "I'm not good telling history." Perhaps this is true, but you already second-guessed yourself which is not something you want to present. The bottom-line is if you show people the effort, confidence, and willingness to learn regardless of your background, you will find yourself higher chances of success. 

I highly suggest making your application again before applying to the real LGN website from scratch and make the positive changes as follows. 

You could also try to pm Crunchiee in game and have a conservation about everything we just talked about. He will then possible give you a trial and you will then have to prove yourself through actions.

This is what Crunchiee wrote a few posts above of us if you missed it.

I have done this with a few people; what I do is I invite them to guild without having an application done, let them build up a bit, get a few things going for themselves and then have them post the application, application is compulsary for the reason that spies and haters don't get through as easy, proves to LGN you can put a bit of effort into things you do.

Edited by Bochi