• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Raysns

Detailed Guide and FAQ for the Heroic server by Rays

49 posts in this topic

So I was just mining and my miner pods was full so I recalled out to dump stuff into bank. My scout on the otherhand, walked outside of mine, went one map down, and got aggroed by 2 110 osas from CAM alliance. I hate the gut wrenching fact that I have to use zaap and go walk all the way back inside mine for my miner character to be safe. Do you have any ideas for this? Is there an approach that I am not properly executing and should be doing something other as an alternative?

Is there a way to x log your client without having to use mouse or mousepad cursor to click on the x? Is there a button on a pc keyboard that allows you to do such a thing?

Edited by Bochi
1 person likes this

Just wanna say thanks for all the great questions and hopefully they are helping you and other people :D

Your very welcome. I'm always the curious type and I know heroic is one of the toughest servers on the planet of Dofus realm, so I'm eager and willing to learn even if it means that I get called a noob a million times :D It is definitely helping me and I hope it helps others as well whoever decides to dwell into the heroic realm.

So I did one of my first bounties and got doploons when I returned it to the authorities. Since I got about a couple hundred of them from it, what would be the best things to buy from the temple merchant inside the dopple temple to sell for decent kamas?

Edited by Bochi
1 person likes this

I'm enjoying reading these, people can always learn or think of new tricks this way.

Thanks to Ray for answering them with your expierence, and Bochi for your good questions :D

As for doploons I am not sure, but maybe just scrolls?

2 people like this

So I was just mining and my miner pods was full so I recalled out to dump stuff into bank. My scout on the otherhand, walked outside of mine, went one map down, and got aggroed by 2 110 osas from CAM alliance. I hate the gut wrenching fact that I have to use zaap and go walk all the way back inside mine for my miner character to be safe. Do you have any ideas for this? Is there an approach that I am not properly executing and should be doing something other as an alternative?

I honestly don't understand what you're saying here, but just a method for mining you could do that I just thought of is have your miner give all the stuff he mines to your scout, log out the miner, and then bank the ores and come back. That way you don't have to take your miner in and outside of the mine constantly. The only downside to this is that your scout probably wont have many pods.

Is there a way to x log your client without having to use mouse or mousepad cursor to click on the x? Is there a button on a pc keyboard that allows you to do such a thing?

you can also press alt + F4 but that is not really efficient imo. If you have a razer keyboard and or mouse like I do, you're able to configure any button to do anything (ex. make the r key type h instead of r) and you're also able to make macros. I bet there are programs out there that will do the same thing even if you don't have a razer keyboard or mouse, but I'm not too sure.

So I did one of my first bounties and got doploons when I returned it to the authorities. Since I got about a couple hundred of them from it, what would be the best things to buy from the temple merchant inside the dopple temple to sell for decent kamas?

It depends... imo i think that if you get enough doploons to exchange them into kolossium tokens and get sparkling pebbles or even a chameleon that's the best thing you can buy with them, because the other stuff can be gotten with rose of sands which are muuuuuuuch easier to get than doploons.

As for doploons I am not sure, but maybe just scrolls?

It's easier to farm breeding dragoturkeys for scrolls

Edited by Raysns

I have been wondering lately why do certain alliances have a guild of many duplicates? What purpose does this serve? Like I've seen 10 guilds called Streetback in one alliance but with apostrophes in different places, like why?

Where are some good merchants that sell almanax resources on a daily basis? If so, are the prices reasonable?

I kind of want to get into leveling maguses, where can i do this realistically speaking since I don't have access to that koalak or snowfoux house due to belonging to certain guild etc? When would I be able to do this and how would I be able to scout effectively while maging?

I'm enjoying reading these, people can always learn or think of new tricks this way.

Thanks to Ray for answering them with your expierence, and Bochi for your good questions :D

I've always have had many unanswered questions, so I figured it would be a good time to get that fixed while I start to play on heroic server actively again after like 3-4 years ago. Asking questions helps me learn more about the server nature and how to come up with solutions to those obstacles. Rays and you guys are heroic server walking dictionaries so I figured why not ask if they know a lot about it?

Edited by Bochi
1 person likes this

I have been wondering lately why do certain alliances have a guild of many duplicates? What purpose does this serve? Like I've seen 10 guilds called Streetback in one alliance but with apostrophes in different places, like why?

This is the only I can answer, It is mostly for percs, some guilds might do it to keep paddocks or houses but normally for percs :)

1 person likes this

This is the only I can answer, It is mostly for percs, some guilds might do it to keep paddocks or houses but normally for percs :)

Yeah usually it's used for having more percs instead of leveling 1 guild to level 100 they could level a buuuunch more to level 20-40 and just level up full perc slots/pods

Where are some good merchants that sell almanax resources on a daily basis? If so, are the prices reasonable?

I am pretty sure there aren't any merches that sell the almanax every day. Usually people just get on astrub zaap and say "vend almanax" but you could be the first to make a merch of it ;)

I kind of want to get into leveling maguses, where can i do this realistically speaking since I don't have access to that koalak or snowfoux house due to belonging to certain guild etc? When would I be able to do this and how would I be able to scout effectively while maging?

personally i don't think that it is worth going into the dangerous methods of maging because i think maging requires some level of focus and you can't really get that while constantly watching your scout's screen because all the public maging locations are suuuuuper dangerous and highly active. It would be better to pay for the extremely high price to get into one of the mage houses.

Edited by Raysns

Can people still track you with tied scrolls? If so, is there any way around this?

Can people still track you with tied scrolls? If so, is there any way around this?

No

I would like to know how you can be safe to get to otomai island and frigost, or atleast what is the safest way, got any advice or tips for that? x)

I would like to know how you can be safe to get to otomai island and frigost, or atleast what is the safest way, got any advice or tips for that? x)

You almost need to have a scout for both of them and you have to get the requirements for both the character you want over and the scout. So you have to get your scout to level 50 of you want to go to frig and all the items you need for the Otomai quest for both your scout and the character you want over

Is it true that Heroic will probably not have the ogrine system up anymore?

Is it true that Heroic will probably not have the ogrine system up anymore?

As of now they have yet to say anything about it, so either they forgot or they are still working on it. I can not say yes or now but if I had to guess we will have it returned by the end of the year.

How is the current english community?

How is the current english community?

I would say it has doubled in the past couple of months but there still aren't that many people unfortunately :(

Updated guide a little bit, if anyone wants me to show you guys how to download and use ahk then I can. Just let me know :D

Tell me more about this autohotkey program, I am very interested on knowing more about it since it seems valuable.

Tell me more about this autohotkey program, I am very interested on knowing more about it since it seems valuable.

basically what you're able to do is make a script on it so that when you press a certain key it automatically opens that window of an application

This is an example of what my script is

F1::WinActivate, Raysed
F2::WinActivate, Freewee
F3::WinActivate, Meewee
F4::WinActivate, Yeewee
F5::WinActivate,
F6::WinActivate,
F7::WinActivate,
F8::WinActivate,
This makes it so that whenever i have a dofus client open with a character named "Raysed" logged in, it will open that window if i press the F1 key on my keyboard.

I've heard about it before, but back then I was told it didn't work very good on a mac, any expierence or should I test? :p

I've heard about it before, but back then I was told it didn't work very good on a mac, any expierence or should I test? :p

Like I said I don't have any experience with other operating systems, so I'm not sure how good it works for mac

Got curious about how certain classes are more popular on the heroic server, and was wondering why osas and ecas are pretty common here.

The other thing i want to ask is whether the area outside astrub, like astrub meadow and forest are 100% safe or not.

i have a lot of other questions, but for now, those are the ones I'm wondering about.

1 person likes this

Got curious about how certain classes are more popular on the heroic server, and was wondering why osas and ecas are pretty common here.

For osas and ecas they both require very cheap sets and their kits if used correctly are very strong and easy to level up (level 100 for osas and 150 for class ecas) instead of using other classes that require more time to prepare and more money

The other thing i want to ask is whether the area outside astrub, like astrub meadow and forest are 100% safe or not.

The only dangerous area with the name Astrub in it is the Astrub Rocky Inlet or the sand dungeon area. Just to let you know also, the gobbal dungeon area is also an aggro zone which was changed since the release of the server. And just a general tip, every area with an alliance prism is an aggro area with a few exceptions and vice versa

i have a lot of other questions, but for now, those are the ones I'm wondering about.

Ask away! Edited by Raysns
1 person likes this

The reasons they are a popular choice because they have strong summons that will do well early on and they can hold up to their own in different ways. Since you are an osa on Rosal, you are well aware that each summon has a strong specific purpose that can do well with osa's buffs. For the eca, kitten destroys everything in its path through life steal while also healing its owner which comes in handy. He can also use wheel of fortune and unleash out a deadly feline spirit on the enemy or use clover and perception to be a nuisance in group settings.

Cheap effective osa set: http://dofp.la/KdXuD/ - This set costs about 350,000 kamas if you don't buy them with overmaged vitality and still kicks a punch. http://dofp.la/smtGR/- You can always take out green piwi hat and gobball cape to substitute with kitsou hat and cape which result in some more vitality, but less summon and initiative. The price would then change to be 450,000 - 600,000 kamas.

An ecaflip set would have to definitely be more expensive: http://dofp.la/IMr7X/ - This set costs like 3,000,000-4,000,000 kamas for sure, and you would have to be like level 109 to use entire set.

Another ecaflip set option: http://dofp.la/1Xzy2/- This set costs about 350,000-400,000 kamas. You can start to attack other people at level 50, so this is a level 55 strength/chance set. If you want to go strength or chance more, take out the 100 points and put more into the other element instead.

Definitely big differences in between both classes in term of budget, but I'm sure there are some slightly cheaper options.

Edited by Bochi
1 person likes this

If you see a small tiny sword on the top left corner of your screen, that means that you can be attacked in that area.

1 person likes this